Did Black Folks really create Country Music? That’s what shea butter twitter is claiming now.

Are you a fan of country music?

• Yes

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
If Usher had came out with a country album MF would have clowned him :mjlol: If beyonce was a new artist’ guaranteed most R&B fans (Her base genre) would think that shyt she just put out was trash.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

The Black Origins of Country Music​

Black artists have played a prominent role in country music from its beginnings to today​

By FAIRPLAY, JME STAFF
Black Origins of Country Music

Credit: Courtesy of FairPlay
June is Black Music Appreciation month. This month we’ll be celebrating the musical contributions of Black artists, including those from Jacksonville. And, with the help of our friends at FairPlay, we’re offering readers a deeper look into the Black origins of various popular music genres, from country to shoegaze, punk, reggaeton and more.
From the African origins of the banjo — an instrument whose sonic signature is audible in country music to this day — to the influence of Black musicians on early country stars like The Carter Family and Hank Williams to the exposure popular R&B and soul musicians brought to the genre, Black artists have played a prominent role in country music from its beginnings to today.
The melodies of many early country hits were lifted from hymns performed by Black ministers in the South.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
So black people invented singing and music:ohhh:

I'm just fukking with yall.

No one created country music because it's origins have no invention. It was a style that was sang from cacs to nikkas in the frontier way before the Civil War Era.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
I’ve been hearing this all my life. The coined the term “country” for white folks but nothing about it was originated by white folks.
Yeah genre names are formed by media people.. sometimes to shyt on the music but it’s used for commercial purposes. Sonically there is clear blues stylings.

War Pigs is a metal song but Ozzy Osborne is doing a straight slave holler through the song, and metal comes from blues. The pop rock like Imagine Dragons does still do the black call and response style with their guitars. Guitar solos come From jazz improv solos. Once you know, you don’t stop hearing black influence in modern music. It’s atomized within the Geist of it