Did Black Folks really create Country Music? That’s what shea butter twitter is claiming now.

Are you a fan of country music?

• Yes

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
No. Country Music is the white man's version of the blues. But most American genres of music started with black people..

This statement is not only hogwash, it's also attributed to Jimmie Rodgers, the so called "father of Country Music" who learned how to play guitar/banjo along with work songs, field hollers & chants from FBA railroaders.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I'm not being a snob. If people have actual interest and appreciation for the music, that's all well and good. But if they're just using it for social points, they need to be called out. A lot of black folks say,"we created rock" but can't tell you a single Chuck Berry or Little Richard song. As a black artist this is my business and I abhor how black audiences seem to use black artists to propel their narratives at the expense of black artists. For many it's not really about the art. It's about styling on white people and claiming "we made this" but actually ask them about the music and you can tell they don't give a single fukk about it. It's the fakeness that gets me.

“As a black artist”

And now I really don’t care what you have to say.

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
There have been black artist in country music for years now that could have used the same support that people are giving Beyonce, but people didn't care nor bother to support them. Hell, Mickey Guyton has been struggling to get the same airplay as counterparts, yet people didn't care to call in to the radio stations or make their complaints vocal on social media.

Hell, people including posters on this site would turn their backs on her once they found out what her husband looks like.

That's why I always find these types of discussions as rather disingenuous.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know

Having influence on the genre doesn’t make country music “Black music”. The beyhive is straight up saying that country music is “ our music” which is false.

RickyDiBiase

Daps
Reppin
Cbus
There have been black artist in country music for years now that could have used the same support that people are giving Beyonce, but people didn't care nor bother to support them.

That's why I always find these types of discussions as rather disingenous.

Cause Country sucks ass thats why

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Cause Country sucks ass thats why
If that's the case, then don't pretend to like it now or know about his history and trying to inspire change just because Beyonce is doing it. Just like the other poster said to you it comes off as phony.

Once her songs lose luster and she goes back to her original genres then the same people will go back to not giving a damn about country music as they did previously.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
There have been black artist in country music for years now that could have used the same support that people are giving Beyonce, but people didn't care nor bother to support them.

That's why I always find these types of discussions as rather disingenous.
Same thing with "black people created rock". Yet you don't see them fukking with black rock bands. They see black musicians and artists as a prop to push their narrative. Even if it's true, they don't give a fukk.

RickyDiBiase

Daps
Reppin
Cbus
If that's the case, then don't pretend to like it now or know about his history and trying to inspire change just because Beyonce is doing it. Just like the other poster said to you it comes off as phony.

Once her songs lose luster and she goes back to her original genres then the same people will go back to not giving a damn about country music as they did previously.

bytch who the fukk said I liked it in the first place?