Democrats "Privately" Concerned Biden Campaign is Doomed- "Trump may even win blue states"

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
:dahell:

Civil rights, poverty, stimulus, infrastructure, taxes, health care, environment, immigration, alternative energy, scientific research, drug policy, police policy, Russia, and the appointment of judges.

The fact that you didn't even mention taxes or judges is wild considering those were two of the biggest aspects of Trump's entire term before Covid hit.
  • He carried Trump's cuts, no?
  • Infrastructure got voted down to a nothing burger.
  • Stimulus, they both had stimuluses...
  • What did he tangible do with healthcare?
  • Environment, I'll give you that. Killing Keystone XL was the right thing to do.
  • Immigration, he's doing all the shyt Trump is saying he would do...in fact he's deported more people than Trump AND Obama if I'm not mistaken.
  • Alt energy, Sci research, and drug policy haven't tangible come to fruition yet.
  • Russia...and potentially Taiwan are the 2 foreign policy differences I'm alluding to.
  • Judges, you got that too...but fukking Merrick Garland is moderate and inept, it might as well have been a Trump appointment as AG.
I'm not saying they're exactly alike, but as far as tangibles, the appearances are 75% similar to Trump.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Trump lost cause he was awful.

He's worse now.

The Republicans in office now are terrible. The conservative Supreme Court is terrible.

And. Actual elections have been trending blue.

If you got common sense in your skull you know Trump couldn't run a high school cafeteria. How can he do a good job running the free world?

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s a shame we are at this point. It was apparent years ago that Joe wouldn’t be fit for a second term. I’m not even sure if he will survive it let alone have the mental capacity to run the country.

The Dem party should have been working on his succession plan since the moment he was elected. We should NOT be in a position where a second term of Trump is a possibility

:francis:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
he's also flying IN immigrants with that customs app they have plus letting asylum seekers stay when they cross the border...:stopitslime: we literally have a thread dedicated to the entire immigration crisis here...:dwillhuh:
The whole process is garbage...but did you read the link I sent you?

I know you don't read, but Cato Institute is on your team. I don't give a fukk about the ways they are getting here, he's removing more than Trump did. We can argue whether policy is bringing more here, but he's removing MORE than your boy.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
The only way he could be close to being a dictator is if he wins the house/senate with his presidency. If that happens, I blame the democrats. :yeshrug:
Y'all are crazy if y'all don't think he will threaten and harm Dems to step down and try to install dikk suckers.

This might be the thing that gets highly powerful government people to knock that pink bytch off, or it will work. Those are pretty much the only 2 options.

If you think a Democrat house and Senate would keep that piece of garbage from doing wtf he wants, read Project 2025.

I know what we might deal with and I choose to be part of the folks who make moves to change it.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
  • He carried Trump's cuts, no?

He's never had the votes to repeal, but he's letting the tax cuts for the rich expire and, unlike Trump would have, he hasn't passed any new ones.

• Infrastructure got voted down to a nothing burger.

A 1.2 trillion dollar bill, one of the biggest in history, is now a "nothing burger"? :dead:

• Stimulus, they both had stimuluses...

Trump refused to give more than $600 in his final stimulus and that was clearly going to be the last one, Biden immediately added an additional $1400 right when he got into office.

• What did he tangible do with healthcare?

* Passed the bill to Medicare to negotiate drug prices, a HUGE win that will mean lower drug prices for everyone.

* Capped insulin costs at $35/month

* Expanded eligibility for health care coverage, leading to an additional 7 million people getting coverage

* Expanded health care subsidies for the poor

* Didn't spend his entire term trying to weaken and overturn Obamacare like Trump did

• Environment, I'll give you that. Killing Keystone XL was the right thing to do.

Thanks, and keystone was only a small part.

• Immigration, he's doing all the shyt Trump is saying he would do...in fact he's deported more people than Trump AND Obama if I'm not mistaken.

Mixed on immigration, but one clear thing he did do was start accepting refugees again. Before Trump, the USA was accepting 70-80,000 refugees a year. Trump had that down to 20,000 even before Covid hit, and dismantled much of the infrastructure for verifying refugees. Biden has ramped it back up to 60,000 admissions a year, with the #1 country of origin being Congo.

60,000 people a year is nothing in a country of 330 million (0.02% of the population), but that's a big deal for the 60,000 people who get a new shot at life each year.

• Alt energy, Sci research, and drug policy haven't tangible come to fruition yet.

Significant funding for alt energy and scientific research were passed in the infrastructure/inflation reduction act bill, while Trump was trying to eliminate those parts of the government.

• Russia...and potentially Taiwan are the 2 foreign policy differences I'm alluding to.

Agreed.

• Judges, you got that too...but fukking Merrick Garland is moderate and inept, it might as well have been a Trump appointment as AG

Judges is a HUGE deal. Biden has appointed 200+ judges, that's a massive difference.

And Garland isn't perfect, but he's not going straight for New Jim Crow and mass incarceration like Jeff Sessions was, or focusing his activity on hiding the crimes of the president like Bill Barr was.

I'm not saying they're exactly alike, but as far as tangibles, the appearances are 75% similar to Trump.

I'm with you that establishment Democrats are way too similar to establishment Republicans. I think a real president doing the right thing would be unrecognizable compared to them.

But there's still a lot of daylight between Biden and Trump.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tbh the think killing Biden the most right now is this Palestine situation. It has progressives acting the same way they did during the 2016 election (when progressives split the democrat vote by promoting Bernie instead of Clinton). I could see that happen again b/c of the palestine shyt. I wonder if there was an Arab/right wing coalition that deduced that getting progressives to act weird (like in 2016) would lead to another republican win? I wouldnt doubt it.
That primary really showcased how out of touch with reality older people (main primary voters) and how regressive they are to progress. Nearly everything Bernie campaigned on ended up happening over these last 8 years and we still got people with their head in the sand :beli: