Days Gone creator claims game sold around 10 mil and Sony still passed on sequel *UPDATE* False

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It seems like people only started liking the game once that bloomberg article came out that painted the creator as a victim at sony. That game was straight up clown shoes since release and even stans threw the towel in on it.

I honestly just don’t think sony needs two major zombie games in its catalogue right now which is probably a big reason why they told them to make a new IP and its clear if one gotta go its not gonna be The Last of Us lol

This is like when a tv show no one was watching gets cancelled and suddenly theres a big online petition to save it

I bought Horizon again on PC even tho I fell off of it on PS4 and finished it. I bought Death Stranding again even tho I fell off on PS4, and I fell off again. I am buying GOW again at some point on PC even tho I beat it. I never questioned buying this again :heh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I bought Horizon again on PC even tho I fell off of it on PS4 and finished it. I bought Death Stranding again even tho I fell off on PS4, and I fell off again. I am buying GOW again at some point on PC even tho I beat it. I never questioned buying this again :heh:

I’ve honestly tried to get into it, I paid full price for it so i wasn’t tying to bush it especially being a sony exclusive. I gave it another chance last year before the PC version came out since everyone told me it was a lot better since launch.

Nope. It’s tedious af. I hate the characters and the setting. I swear everyone in this game looks like they would call me a slur

Not for nothign but the creator kind of gives me insurrection vibes also

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yeah, I’ve genuinely tried to play it at least 3 times since I bought it (brand new) and I just can’t get into it. My stannery couldn’t even get me through it

I got that game free when I got PS5. that shyt is ass. why am I driving around fighting zombies, but I also gotta stop and put fuel in my motorcycle? even GTA knows not to implement that kinda gameplay fukkery.

also the controls are clunky as hell.

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
I liked that game, it was an underrated game. I thought that game was whack until I played and this game is dope.
This. If you get into it it's amusing in my eyes :yeshrug:I wanted a zombie game with some creative killing and that's what I got. Not bad at all, I'd have played a sequel

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Why is he crying on Twitter like a bytch
he lucky I wasn't the first reply

HandyFickleAnophelesmosquito-size_restricted.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This isnt even his first rant. He cried a couple months back saying people should have bought at launch if they wanted a sequel and not way for it to go on sale lol

That was john garvin the head writer and studio lead (he wrote every line of dialogue in the game lol) who actually got fired from sony for anger management problems

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They went back on David Jaffe’s podcast seems it was all misinterpreted (surprise)

Jeff Ross and John Garvin are on Jaffe's stream. Jeff clarified his tweet a little. The way he seems to explain it, is that local management in Bend didn't want Days Gone 2. Apparently Bend management didn't even push the pitch to the higher levels of WWS to people like Hulst. Garvin and Ross also confirmed that Naughty Dog North support studio stuff from the Schreier article was over-exaggerated and wasn't that close to the truth. Apparently Bend sent team members to Sucker Punch to help on Ghost, and to Naughty Dog to help on projects. They said that this was standard practice in the industry. When a team is done with a project and doesn't have a lot of work on their hands, they get sent to other parts of the company to help. Ross and Garvin seem positive on Sony overall, especially when it came to creative freedom. Ross's main issue seems to be with management at Bend not pushing Days Gone. Just thought it's been pretty good context to the topic.

Edit* Garvin made the point that Sony doesn't really do the support studio structure, at least while he was there, they are more likely to just shutter the studio, then change their identity into a support team.

Jeff Ross said on the podcast that the sale numbers are based on gamstat (an old website which uses trophy data to estimate sales figures), and it seems the PC numbers are from SteamSpy. He never had access to executive level sales data.

:dead: