Days Gone creator claims game sold around 10 mil and Sony still passed on sequel *UPDATE* False

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Well was poisoned.

jason schrier covered it.

Game development was troubled and went on way longer than anticipated. Missed all types of internal milestones. Was over budget as well.

there were internal issues with Sony bends former management, that led the game. They are no longer there.

the game was a mess at release and reviewed less than what they would’ve liked.from all accounts the game that people are playing today was not like that at release due to bug fixes and content additions.

yes the game sold well but it also received multiple price cuts very early on. Like a couple months after release it was 40 permanently. Then shortly after it could be had for 20.

Sony turned down a pitch for a sequel but planned to put them on an uncharted game, to keep them working. Bend turned it down and pitched a new ip instead. Sony gave them the go ahead.

so, here we are.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm playing Days Gone rn and I'm liking it :manny:
I put on a podcast while I'm playing, and occasionally turn down my podcast to pay attn to the cutscenes. :ehh:
The gameplay loop while repetitive is enjoyable to me, it's very similar to HZD(I know same engine) and I like clearing out camps. :hubie:

game being a buggy shytshow at launch didn't help.

but selling that much and not getting a sequel is weird IF true. Woulda gave them a chance to improve on the fukkups. :yeshrug:

Quality over Quantity I guess :hubie:

Canon

Veteran
Daps
game being a buggy shytshow at launch didn't help.

but selling that much and not getting a sequel is weird IF true. Woulda gave them a chance to improve on the fukkups. :yeshrug:

Quality over Quantity I guess :hubie:
:yeshrug:I would rather a new IP

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Well was poisoned.

jason schrier covered it.

Game development was troubled and went on way longer than anticipated. Missed all types of internal milestones. Was over budget as well.

there were internal issues with Sony bends former management, that led the game. They are no longer there.

the game was a mess at release and reviewed less than what they would’ve liked.from all accounts the game that people are playing today was not like that at release due to bug fixes and content additions.

yes the game sold well but it also received multiple price cuts very early on. Like a couple months after release it was 40 permanently. Then shortly after it could be had for 20.

Sony turned down a pitch for a sequel but planned to put them on an uncharted game, to keep them working. Bend turned it down and pitched a new ip instead. Sony gave them the go ahead.

so, here we are.

Nice summary :ehh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Who is asking for one tho? I absolutely never see a movement pushing for one from ppl, other than the odd journalist.

It seems like people only started liking the game once that bloomberg article came out that painted the creator as a victim at sony. That game was straight up clown shoes since release and even stans threw the towel in on it.

I honestly just don’t think sony needs two major zombie games in its catalogue right now which is probably a big reason why they told them to make a new IP and its clear if one gotta go its not gonna be The Last of Us lol

This is like when a tv show no one was watching gets cancelled and suddenly theres a big online petition to save it