Days Gone creator claims game sold around 10 mil and Sony still passed on sequel *UPDATE* False

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It should be noted he doesn’t work for them anymore. Dude is having a manic episode over this days gone shyt. Apparently Sony tried to get him help lol

Naw that was the head writer and other studio head John Garvin that was also on the podcast with him. He’s the one that admitted that he had anger issues and couldn’t get along with the staff and that sony tried to get him help and he refused so they asked him to leave lol

Jeff ross left on his own once he found out the rest of the studio at Bend didn’t want to do a Days Gone 2. The pitch didnt even reach sony

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw that was the head writer and other studio head John Garvin that was also on the podcast with him. He’s the one that admitted that he had anger issues and couldn’t get along with the staff and that sony tried to get him help and he refused so they asked him to leave lol

Jeff ross left on his own once he found out the rest of the studio at Bend didn’t want to do a Days Gone 2. The pitch didnt even reach sony
Thanks for the correction.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
So this game sold more than TLOU2, but instead of trying to refine the formula they bushed it and kept TLOU2 with it's trash gameplay?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So this game sold more than TLOU2, but instead of trying to refine the formula they bushed it and kept TLOU2 with it's trash gameplay?

It didn’t sell more than TLOU. The Last of Us 2 sold 4 million copies in a weekend. That alone eclipses sales for both Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima, even at 8 million copies. Selling at full retail price > Selling at discounted sales prices

Not only that but the reported number for Days Gone is 5.8 million with discounts. It’s not even in the same stratosphere as TLOU, not to mention critical reception. They are over 20 points away from each other on MC

And TLOU has the best 3rd person stealth action gameplay I’ve played aside from MGSV and the animation and details in the former are superior

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
It didn’t sell more than TLOU. The Last of Us 2 sold 4 million copies in a weekend. That alone eclipses sales for both Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima, even at 8 million copies. Selling at full retail price > Selling at discounted sales prices

Not only that but the reported number for Days Gone is 5.8 million with discounts. It’s not even in the same stratosphere as TLOU, not to mention critical reception.

And TLOU has the best 3rd person stealth action gameplay I’ve played aside from MGSV and the animation and details in the former are superior

I saw TLOU2 sold like 4 or 5 million total.

Also honestly Gizmo, your taste in games is kinda trash bro, you follow trends. TLOU2 outside of the visuals and voice acting is not impressive at all, Gunplay has been done better in numerous other games, Stealth has been done much better, even the survival aspect has been done much better. TLOU2 is some highly made up mid.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Also honestly Gizmo, your taste in games is kinda trash bro, you follow trends. TLOU2 outside of the visuals and voice acting is not impressive at all, Gunplay has been done better in numerous other games, Stealth has been done much better, even the survival aspect has been done much better. TLOU2 is some highly made up mid.
TLOUS gameplay was pretty great for the setting and it was a massive upgrade from pt1... sadly the story took the hit for the improved gameplay.

But @Gizmo_Duck is the true definition of a sony stan, hype man to the fullest.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
TLOUS gameplay was pretty great for the setting and it was a massive upgrade from pt1... sadly the story took the hit for the improved gameplay.

But @Gizmo_Duck is the true definition of a sony stan, hype man to the fullest.

Nah bro that gameplay is ass.

Spam L1 to dodge, mash square to melee rinse repeat. The guns are hard as fukk to aim for no damn reason because the gunplay is clunky. The enemy AI is dumb as a box of rocks, predictable search patterns, they get stuck on one spot. I'm sorry I give the game it's credit where it deserves it, the production values are top notch, but that gameplay loop is fukking ass.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

TLOU2 sold 4 million in a weekend and it has tracked in front of Ghost of Tsushima for the rest of the year.

NPD reveals the best-selling games of 2020 in the U.S.

And you can think whatever you want about my taste in games but TLOU2 gun play and stealth is pretty much the gold standard of 3rd person shooters. You can argue all you want and say i chase trends but the hard truth is that you’re in a minority to think otherwise. Thats why people want Factions because the base gameplay of TLOU Part 2 is solid.

To even suggest the AI in TLOU2 is dumb means you have no clue what you’re talking about at all

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Nah bro that gameplay is ass.

Spam L1 to dodge, mash square to melee rinse repeat. The guns are hard as fukk to aim for no damn reason because the gunplay is clunky. The enemy AI is dumb as a box of rocks, predictable search patterns, they get stuck on one spot. I'm sorry I give the game it's credit where it deserves it, the production values are top notch, but that gameplay loop is fukking ass.
I dont know how you played the game but that wasn't my experience at all. Maybe you were playing on very easy and just suck.

Aiming to me felt smooth, I never had a problem landing headshots under pressure. The way the character seamlessly transitions between different actions and the level design keeps the gameplay loop fun, there's always multiple ways to get through every situation and depending on how creative you are, shyt can get real interesting. Probably the only stealth game that doesn't make me want to reload the check point after getting caught because the intense skirmishes makes the game better.

As for the A.I. being dumb, what are all these games with perfect human like enemy ai? No game has perfect a.i. but last of us 2 was pretty up there when it comes to decent A.I.

Last edited:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
This guy has no idea what he's talking about. GOT sold 8 million at the $60-70 price. While Days gone was instantly put on sale for $20-30. GOT also came out the same time as LOU2 and had to compete with that masterpiece and still held its own.

that so-called masterpiece … price went on sale 2 to 3 months after it was released :hubie:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX

Not only that but the reported number for Days Gone is 5.8 million with discounts. It’s not even in the same stratosphere as TLOU, not to mention critical reception. They are over 20 points away from each other on MC

not this again :snoop: