Days Gone creator claims game sold around 10 mil and Sony still passed on sequel *UPDATE* False

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As for the A.I. being dumb, what are all these games with perfect human like enemy ai? No game has perfect a.i. but last of us 2 was pretty up there when it comes to decent A.I.

Ppl want that real AI until they’re :mjcry: taking the game to GameStop the next day :bryan:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I saw TLOU2 sold like 4 or 5 million total.

Also honestly Gizmo, your taste in games is kinda trash bro, you follow trends. TLOU2 outside of the visuals and voice acting is not impressive at all, Gunplay has been done better in numerous other games, Stealth has been done much better, even the survival aspect has been done much better. TLOU2 is some highly made up mid.

Considering Factions is still played 9 years later, I gotta disagree. Yeah it's multiplayer, but the gameplay at is core is damn good.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that so-called masterpiece … price went on sale 2 to 3 months after it was released :hubie:
.In its release weekend, The Last of Us Part II sold over four million copies worldwide, becoming the fastest-selling PlayStation 4 exclusive, beating Marvel's Spider-Man's 3.3 million and God of War's 3.1 million in the same period. It had the biggest launch of 2020 for both physical and digital sales.
:ufdup:
thats only first week

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nope, The Last of Us 2 sold 4 million copies in 3 days and completely stopped selling the day after because everyone found out abby killed joel with a golf club

Not one more copy of the game sold from that day on

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
I’m impressed, you really only come to this section to hate on The Last of Us 2 and dip

`it’s not hate - it’s facts
TLOU2 was one of the most anticipated games to drop in this era … so the 4 million pre orders - made perfect sense
but after the game dropped & wasn’t received well by the people - it couldn’t sell

no matter how some of u ND fans feel - u just can’t spin this
:yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
`it’s not hate - it’s facts
TLOU2 was one of the most anticipated games to drop in this era … so the 4 million pre orders - made perfect sense
but after the game dropped & wasn’t received well by the people - it couldn’t sell

no matter how some of u ND fans feel - u just can’t spin this

:therethere: I will tag you when they update the sales numbers

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
the Last of Us 2 has sold 6.4 million copies. This is based off of the latest figures on Gamstat as of this month Jan 2022.
Why is everybody posting first week sales numbers?

:ufdup:
thats only first week

Nope, The Last of Us 2 sold 4 million copies in 3 days and completely stopped selling the day after because everyone found out abby killed joel with a golf club

Not one more copy of the game sold from that day on

:therethere: I will tag you when they update the sales numbers

oh ok, i’ll take your 6.4 million sold to date

are u still gonna tell me that was a success ?
based off the game being put on sale for half price 2 months after releasing ; with the fact that the 1st game sold 17 million

:hubie:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

oh ok, i’ll take your 6.4 million sold to date

are u still gonna tell me that was a success ?
based off the game being put on sale for half price 2 months after releasing ; with the fact that the 1st game sold 17 million

:hubie:

It will be more than 6.4 million. I’m sure we’ll hear about it before the remake/remaster/factions/tv show reveal

Also, yeah, the game made its budget back in the first 3 days, theres no other way to define that other than a success. It’s a commercial and critical success and every other metric you can think of

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
It will be more than 6.4 million. I’m sure we’ll hear about it before the remake/remaster/factions/tv show reveal

Also, yeah, the game made its budget back in the first 3 days, theres no other way to define that other than a success. It’s a commercial and critical success and every other metric you can think of

how in the hell could it be a success when the 1st game sold 17 mill … they had to either match or surpass that 17 mill
the fact 4 mill pre-orders was based off the reputation of the 1st game and for them to only sell supposedly 2.4 mill thereafter is an abomination - especially when you add the fact they slash the price in half … literally 2 months after it being release

that’s not success that is failure

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
how in the hell could it be a success when the 1st game sold 17 mill … they had to either match or surpass that 17 mill
the fact 4 mill pre-orders was based off the reputation of the 1st game and for them to only sell supposedly 2.4 mill thereafter is an abomination - especially when you add the fact they slash the price in half … literally 2 months after it being release

:therethere:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

How many yrs does Part 2 get? Is 5 fair?

The Last of Us became one of the best-selling video games, selling over 1.3 million units in its first week and 17 million by April 2018

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not sure why people are obsessed with sales of The Last of Us 2. If the game was a disappointment, I'm fairly certain they wouldn't be letting them continue to do whatever the fukk it is they want.