Dave Ramsey says that kids need to pay their College tuition in cash, never take out a student loan

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
He doesn’t.

Y’all gotta read between the lines.

What he (THEY) are saying is:
College is for those who can afford it.

They’re trying to return to a system/time when only those of a certain class could afford formal education.

You can be successful in the trades, as a business owner, as a salesperson, with certs, etc, but if you don’t come from a family that can afford college, then you just don’t go to college. Or, if you can’t figure out how to work and save the money, or qualify for scholarships/grants, you aren’t someone who needs to go to college.

They are closing ranks and most people don’t see what is going on.
It’s crazy too bc they’re telling you IN YOUR FACE

no coded language, nothing. People are willingly driving themselves to slaughter in this country. If you broke, good luck. Save our institutions from brokies who likely aren’t white

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Then they kill me with the anecdotal stories about their uncles friend or their sisters kid who took one class a semester for 6 years bc that’s all they could afford or they served on the front lines in Kabul and got school paid for :mjlol:

Why is everyone so stupid?

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
It's really easy to see how a message can get misinterpreted.
I would recommend listening to his show for a week. It might not be for you, but thousands of people have gotten themselves into better financial positions following his system.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If a kid can come up with 40k-60k a year to cover school why the fukk is he going to school? He's doing better than the average American by that point.

The grift is getting lazier
Man in state public schools are costing mid 20s now. Out of state and private college tuition is 50k minimum for everything.

fukkin nuts.

I got a decent chunk in my boys 529s but if they don't get Hope schollys here in Georgia, it's gonna be a struggle. Them nikkaz will have to get some kind of loan too to have some skin in the game and learn financial responsibility tho :ufdup:

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I agree, should not go to college unless 90% is covered with scholarships/own cash...back in the day the church and family members used to scrap up whatever they could to send Black kids to college

Last edited:

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
May guy, you'd still be delaying all the things this cac is talking about.

Whether getting a loan or not, unless someone is getting free tuition they'll be spending a good chunk of their first decade of adulthood working off their education.

The world he's pining has existed since the early 90s
You wouldn't leave with debt was my point.
You can spend more than a decade paying after the degree or pay as you go using what's available.
No need to take those government loans unless nobody guided you or you really had to go to X school.

Daps
It's really easy to see how a message can get misinterpreted.
I would recommend listening to his show for a week. It might not be for you, but thousands of people have gotten themselves into better financial positions following his system.

That’s because his main talking points is don’t go into debt, especially for stupid shyt, and paying of all debt first. Those talking points will help anybody. That doesn’t dismiss that he often has out of touch talking points that impossible to imply in todays world. I’m not sure if he’s that genuinely out of touch or if he’s playing the algorithm game knowing that sometimes saying outlandish things will give you more reach. For example this was nothing but an algorithm boosting based post.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
That’s because his main talking points is don’t go into debt, especially for stupid shyt, and paying of all debt first. Those talking points will help anybody. That doesn’t dismiss that he often has out of touch talking points that impossible to imply in todays world. I’m not sure if he’s that genuinely out of touch or if he’s playing the algorithm game knowing that sometimes saying outlandish things will give you more reach. For example this was nothing but an algorithm boosting based post.

See this I don't mind. You really have to listen to his show because it gives you a better perspective on just how many people out here aren't doing well with their finances even though they make more than enough money to.