Dave Ramsey says that kids need to pay their College tuition in cash, never take out a student loan

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
There are cheaper options.
If a kid or their family can't afford 40-60k a year for school, they need to go for what they can afford.
Out of high school, I had the opportunity to go to expensive schools.
I didn't because I couldn't afford it at the time.
I went to community college, worked and went to a school I could afford.
It took longer to graduate, no debt guaranteed on graduation is the best choice.
May guy, you'd still be delaying all the things this cac is talking about.

Whether getting a loan or not, unless someone is getting free tuition they'll be spending a good chunk of their first decade of adulthood working off their education.

The world he's pining has existed since the early 90s

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Was looking up tuition like nyu and it’s like 80k a year. You can’t even be upper middle class, you gotta be legit rich to pay up front like that.

For real.

Even my alma mater (university of md) is $20k a year.

Even that's a heavy lift for a year period. The 6 certs crew might have to sell a beamer or 2 to make that work.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Death to these goof ass baby boomers.

fukk every last one of these clucks.

They are in drugs and fake as vinyl african medallions.

Stop listening to their cluck out lame ass.

Art Barr

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Dave told them white kids and their parents to start trappin :lawd:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I know the coli hates the idea, but is it far fetched to pay cash? A McDonald's job pays $15/hr. Work 25 hour weeks, you gross $1500/month. Save $1000/month. Assuming you can stay at home, you have no bills

And that's just a basic job. Plenty of other jobs paying $20/hr full time. Then you grossing $3200/month.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
He doesn’t.

Y’all gotta read between the lines.

What he (THEY) are saying is:
College is for those who can afford it.

They’re trying to return to a system/time when only those of a certain class could afford formal education.

You can be successful in the trades, as a business owner, as a salesperson, with certs, etc, but if you don’t come from a family that can afford college, then you just don’t go to college. Or, if you can’t figure out how to work and save the money, or qualify for scholarships/grants, you aren’t someone who needs to go to college.

They are closing ranks and most people don’t see what is going on.
Another point to add to this is notice how foreigners basically took over majority of the high skilled labor in this country

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I know the coli hates the idea, but is it far fetched to pay cash? A McDonald's job pays $15/hr. Work 25 hour weeks, you gross $1500/month. Save $1000/month. Assuming you can stay at home, you have no bills

And that's just a basic job. Plenty of other jobs paying $20/hr full time. Then you grossing $3200/month.
This math not right, and you still wouldn’t be able to pay for instate tuition and what jobs paying 20 hr and you only working part time

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps

How many classes do you think you can take working 25 hours a week?

I took 15-16 credits as a bio-chem/computer engineering major (I switched Junior year) and I spent between 30-40 hours outside of class studying. Easily 10-20 hours a weekend. Math and physics kicked my ass and the only way I could do well was to to do 20-40 problems a week and there were some problems that took hours to solve (fukk Laplace and Fourier transforms). Actually fukk orgo reactions biochem pathways as well.

If you're living at home you have to account for travel time. I did one semester commuting from Randallstown md to college Park md. That's an hour+ commute both ways. Two beltways (695/495 and 95) It was so bad I had to drop 2 classes and retake them in the summer.

Your answer to my story will be to take less classes but you have to remember that will cost you time which is also money which is important when trying to secure a place in the housing or stock market.

Anyways, you're awake for 112 hours a week, after 55 hours towards school and 14 hours for travel, you're left with 43 hours total. Theoretically it's possible to dedicate 25 hours to work you'll be be left with 18 hours to fukk off with over 7 days. That's about 2 hours of free time per day. Finals and mid terms will fukk that up easily. Hell, a random 10 page paper will fukk that up too (but then again I didn't have have chat jip-a-tee in my day 👴🏿)

I guess that's enough time for groceries and cooking. If you can pull that off I'll personally write a new NEW testament for you because you will officially be a god.

Daps
dude filed for bankruptcy back in the 80s because his dumbass over-leveraged (wow gee how does that happen???) and now has the nerve to chide people about loan debt for fukking education of all things, tells everyone to pay in cash for everything and whined about loan relief. fukk outta here with this boomer fundie bait.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I don't agree with him a 100%, but there are thousands of Americans with enormous Student Loan debt. I think it's smart to push a young person to be able to get their degree with as little debt as possible. There is nothing wrong with going to a Junior College your first couple of years.