Dave Ramsey says that kids need to pay their College tuition in cash, never take out a student loan

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
How many fukking teenagers got a perfect plan set out for the next 5-10 years of their lives?

fukking bootstrap babble.

What's exactly bootstrap about working and saving money for college?? You don't have to be perfect for that because there's a waiter right now stacking tips for college. There's an Amazon work stacking paychecks for college.

And you have zero rebuttal. You resort to name calling instead of refuting the point of what's said.

Last edited:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
People are still paying student loan debt in their 60's and 70's. And their degrees are completely worthless.

Yeah, watching/listening to his show really puts into perspective how outta control student loan debt is. For a lot of people who are criticizing his advice, it might change your opinion somewhat when you hear hundreds of people with these stories.

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He must be taking to trust fund kids or kids who inherited a lot of dough from their parents

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
That would be ideal, if they had it like that but they don't which is why they take out loans

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Man in state public schools are costing mid 20s now. Out of state and private college tuition is 50k minimum for everything.

fukkin nuts.

I got a decent chunk in my boys 529s but if they don't get Hope schollys here in Georgia, it's gonna be a struggle. Them nikkaz will have to get some kind of loan too to have some skin in the game and learn financial responsibility tho :ufdup:
I already told my daughter, I just saw your grades and I saw your evals. You tall and athletic as fukk. You need to focus on a sport, master it and get a scholarship because you aren't getting an academic one. But before that, I had to get her to start seeing college as a place that you must want to attend.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
He'd be correct if one did it the proper, modern way, i.e., excel in high school, take AP classes and earn scholarships to help pay tuition and other fees, go the community college route and transfer to a university that will accept ALL of the classes that you've already taken, and work a job to help make payments as well.

The issue is that takes some serious mental fortitude and strong wok ethic, and is very unrealistic in today's climate. That's why I just joined the military because I wasn't about struggling for 4-5 years with life, school and employment.

If you qualify for the Pell Grant, the above is definitely doable.

Edit: Sophia is also a great method to earn college credit. I'm able to knock out half of my associates through that shít:wow:
This is facts.

This is the best route but it's not easy. Getting scholarship means you are exceptional. Most people aren't exceptional

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, watching/listening to his show really puts into perspective how outta control student loan debt is. For a lot of people who are criticizing his advice, it might change your opinion somewhat when you hear hundreds of people with these stories.
A lot of the people who call into his show are just plain dumb. They keep buying crap rather than paying off debts.

I know a ton of people who make great money yet still have massive amounts of debt. They could easily pay their debt down. But just keep buying more shyt and making the minimum payment. It's like the concept of interest is lost on these idiots.

voiture

All Star
Daps
I don't respond to boomer takes anymore. So many are out of touch It's not even funny anymore

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The problem is much more complex than the vacuum of financial aid vs out of pocket because everybody's situation is different.

I'm paying for my 2nd degree out of pocket right now because I don't want student loans.

The only thing slowing me down is the price of school means I don't want to take over 6 credts, 8 max per semester.

Want to know the absolute shytty part?

International kids are getting the same exact Engineering degree, ABET accredited and all for free in their country:

Some cats are going to school, stacking a $60k debt to get a degree from a state school that doing even teach the material any better than a free college in another country.

All for a company to pass you over for some cat living in India because they're cheaper.

Last edited:

concise

Veteran
Daps
In a country where the median savings balance is $1200 or less. Some old azz ppl swear its still 1955 and don't realize most of them steere and voted the country to where it is. And they refuse to sit down or die. It's why our presidential candidates are over fukking 80yrs old

Harvard tuition in 1960 was $1,520 ... that would translate to 16k today if it followed inflation.

It's 61k now.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Mf ain't bought nothing of substance to financial discussions In a very long fukkin' time besides sum entertaining clips bombing on folk + hyping up the snowfall method to paying off debt (rightfully so). Other than that, he's been a worthless bum just 'stealing' money from common folk to make him & his fam even more richer :martin:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
These dumbass boomers telling young people to just walk into McDonald’s, look the manager in the eye, give them a firm handshake, give them your resume you will have the job in a week and can put you buy a house, put your kids through college and own 2 cars just making 12 hr in 2024 :mjlol: :skip: