Dave Ramsey says that kids need to pay their College tuition in cash, never take out a student loan

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
He doesn’t.

Y’all gotta read between the lines.

What he (THEY) are saying is:
College is for those who can afford it.

They’re trying to return to a system/time when only those of a certain class could afford formal education.

You can be successful in the trades, as a business owner, as a salesperson, with certs, etc, but if you don’t come from a family that can afford college, then you just don’t go to college. Or, if you can’t figure out how to work and save the money, or qualify for scholarships/grants, you aren’t someone who needs to go to college.

They are closing ranks and most people don’t see what is going on.

denzel-washington-boom.gif

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Another point to add to this is notice how foreigners basically took over majority of the high skilled labor in this country
Yep. I mean, Americans DO need to fill those jobs, but if they’re available people coming here will take advantage.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
If a kid can come up with 40k-60k a year to cover school why the fukk is he going to school? He's doing better than the average American by that point.

The grift is getting lazier
You take the student loan. Use that money to network and either land the profession you want or make yourself Dave Ramsey.
:ohlawd:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I'm surprised that I'm going to do this, but I'm going to defend Dave Ramsey a bit. He never tells people that they shouldn't go to college, he just tells them that they shouldn't take out a student loan to do so. And as someone who listens to his show almost every caller has these enormous student loan debts. And they do provide advice on how to finance your college tuition out of pocket. I forget which one of his co-hosts kinda specializes in this and has book, etc.

Daps
If you want to go into certain fields, you need your degree, and don’t have time to save that kind of money. And I think college is imperative for social interaction, and building networking connections. You meet people in college you would have never met in your normal home life.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm surprised everyone missed what he was saying. He's just saying it's not worth going into debt for, which is proven by the stats he laid out in the beginning.
Most people are like lemmings and will blindly go into debt. As long as everyone else is doing it.

Going to college has turned into a status symbol for most people. Because they'll never make enough money to payoff those loans.

They let the Government and Corporations trick them into becoming wage slaves. People in massive debt are much easier to control and won't question the system.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
How the fukk are you supposed to pay off college in full if you’re making less than 20 an hour? They say they want folks to go to college but shyt like this says otherwise. It’s why people are forgoing college and becoming content creators and shyt. At least they might make enough through that to pay for school :yeshrug:

People always saying we need more black doctors and lawyers and all that(which is true) but these kids that play sports got it right. Damn that! I wish to this day that I stayed with basketball and parlayed that shyt into a college career. These people who get athletic scholarships are winning especially now.

Last edited: