Dave Ramsey says that kids need to pay their College tuition in cash, never take out a student loan

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If a kid can come up with 40k-60k a year to cover school why the fukk is he going to school? He's doing better than the average American by that point.

The grift is getting lazier
What I have learned is the real move is if you can make that much without school, you stack, get some years under your belt, and go back to college after you already got your weight up a bit. I'm basically doing the same thing paying for school 100% out of pocket now. I'm washed in age, though.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
If a kid can come up with 40k-60k a year to cover school why the fukk is he going to school? He's doing better than the average American by that point.

The grift is getting lazier
There are cheaper options.
If a kid or their family can't afford 40-60k a year for school, they need to go for what they can afford.
Out of high school, I had the opportunity to go to expensive schools.
I didn't because I couldn't afford it at the time.
I went to community college, worked and went to a school I could afford.
It took longer to graduate, no debt guaranteed on graduation is the best choice.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
What I have learned is the real move is if you can make that much without school, you stack, get some years under your belt, and go back to college after you already got your weight up a bit. I'm basically doing the same thing paying for school 100% out of pocket now. I'm washed in age, though.

Facts.

Most — and I mean most — adults aren’t clearing that much cash after they pay all their bills so if some college age kid can somehow do it then he better throw it into some type of business. That could easily go into buying parts for a iPhone screen repair shop, rug cleaning business or easily renting out a space that could then be used as a barbershop/braid shop.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
In a country where the median savings balance is $1200 or less. Some old azz ppl swear its still 1955 and don't realize most of them steere and voted the country to where it is. And they refuse to sit down or die. It's why our presidential candidates are over fukking 80yrs old
These silent and baby boomers really fukked us overand it's sad cause they continously fukk us over. All races of Silent and Baby Boomers.....

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
He’s not totally wrong. If he had no point at all, then why are these people crying about their student loan payments?

I’d say that the smart kids would love at home and commute to college, while working part time. They may need a small loan, but they wouldn’t end up swimming in debt, like a lot of graduates are.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Damn, how does Dave believe the current economy is shyt while also believing a kid (or their parents) fresh out of high school can pay their tuition in cash.
He doesn’t.

Y’all gotta read between the lines.

What he (THEY) are saying is:
College is for those who can afford it.

They’re trying to return to a system/time when only those of a certain class could afford formal education.

You can be successful in the trades, as a business owner, as a salesperson, with certs, etc, but if you don’t come from a family that can afford college, then you just don’t go to college. Or, if you can’t figure out how to work and save the money, or qualify for scholarships/grants, you aren’t someone who needs to go to college.

They are closing ranks and most people don’t see what is going on.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
He’s not totally wrong. If he had no point at all, then why are these people crying about their student loan payments?

I’d say that the smart kids would love at home and commute to college, while working part time. They may need a small loan, but they wouldn’t end up swimming in debt, like a lot of graduates are.
There’s definitely a smarter way to do it, without a doubt, but there’s a reason why he’s on stage saying to forgo college as opposed to encouraging students/families to find alternatives.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
These silent and baby boomers really fukked us overand it's sad cause they continously fukk us over. All races of Silent and Baby Boomers.....
All of them.
I'm generation X and we had nothing to do with it.We basically inherited the same boat as Millenials, Gen.Z, and sadly the Zoomers, who will really be extra fukked if shyt keeps going like it's been going since the 70s.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
He doesn’t.

Y’all gotta read between the lines.

What he (THEY) are saying is:
College is for those who can afford it.

They’re trying to return to a system/time when only those of a certain class could afford formal education.

You can be successful in the trades, as a business owner, as a salesperson, with certs, etc, but if you don’t come from a family that can afford college, then you just don’t go to college. Or, if you can’t figure out how to work and save the money, or qualify for scholarships/grants, you aren’t someone who needs to go to college.

They are closing ranks and most people don’t see what is going on.

You're right. I have low key been noticing that messaging and you even see it on here.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
All of them.
I'm generation X and we had nothing to do with it.We basically inherited the same boat as Millenials, Gen.Z, and sadly the Zoomers, who will really be extra fukked if shyt keeps going like it's been going since the 70s.
Gen X atleast yall had the Clinton Years....the Obama years wasn't that bad...but we needed more progressive Presidents and Congressmen/women to be more forward thinking.