Curtis Sc00n's Twitter is Awesome

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
Curtis Sc00n said he talked to 50 about doing the Fat Cat movie, but he made the mistake of approaching 50 as a business man instead of an artist. Cause Sc00n said he wanted Ice Cube to play Fat Cat in the movie, cause he think he'd fit the role perfectly. And he saw 50's enthusiasm deflate, cause 50 clearly wanted to play Fat Cat.

Oh and he said "How does 50 get props for being a great business man, when he got 100 Million dollars out of a 4.5 Billion dollar deal, where they used 50 to make the product big". Thatg was more about how Blacks will accept whatever the white man gives us, instead of what our worth is.

Yeah and how rich is Curtis Sc00n? i give him props for having knowledge, but unless he still got "that life" money, how can you knock ANYONE for getting 100 million dollars in one day? :stopitslime:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Yeah and how rich is Curtis Sc00n? i give him props for having knowledge, but unless he still got "that life" money, how can you knock ANYONE for getting 100 million dollars in one day? :stopitslime:

I think his larger point was more along "Blacks as a whole are used to sell a product and get the peanuts of the deal while white folks make all the REAL REAL money off our name/work".

But I understand what you're saying.

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
I think his larger point was more along "Blacks as a whole are used to sell a product and get the peanuts of the deal while white folks make all the REAL REAL money off our name/work".

But I understand what you're saying.

And I get that fam, but 50 is a business in himself. G-Unit has made him quite a bit of bread, and he has gotten not 1 but 2 100 million dollar movie deals if i'm not mistaken. The REAL irony is that Sc00n approached 50 to make a movie needing the brand HE created to push a movie that would actually probably profit more from 50 starring in it then producing or playing the background of it. Just for the record FAR from a 50 stan, but that was just a weird way for him to look at that situation in my eyes.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, the problem with Curtis Sc00n is that by harping on the philosophical and ethical flaws of everyone he sort of sets up a universe in which only Curtis Sc00n emerges as a man of vision, integrity, hustle, and keenness. 'Preme doesn't impress him, 50's business acumen is lamentable, Russell Simmons is the ultimate house nikka, Suge is just a glorified bouncer, Irv wears clown shoes, etc. It makes him seem simultaneously cynical and self-exalting, like a street hustler version of Nietzsche who holds everyone to the impossible standard of the Übermensch in analysis, while not having the accomplishments in real life to validate this circumspect judgment.

That being said, he drops a lot of jewels, and his version of the truth really resonates as legitimate and insightful.

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
And I get that fam, but 50 is a business in himself. G-Unit has made him quite a bit of bread, and he has gotten not 1 but 2 100 million dollar movie deals if i'm not mistaken. The REAL irony is that Sc00n approached 50 to make a movie needing the brand HE created to push a movie that would actually probably profit more from 50 starring in it then producing or playing the background of it. Just for the record FAR from a 50 stan, but that was just a weird way for him to look at that situation in my eyes.

50 is not exactly setting the world alight with his acting skills but, as man with good marketing and negotiating skills, I'm sure with him behind the project something good could've come from it, which rapper would you rather see acting, 50 or Cube. who would you rather market it?

I'm guessing Sc00n saw the business side can't fault him for that, I mean the G-Unit brand wasn't accomplished through music alone, there was a lot of strategy involved with regards to the way they were positioned in the consciousness of the rap consumer, that takes business acumen, and he saw him from the same position as himself an intelligent straight talking hustler.

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
50 is not exactly setting the world alight with his acting skills but, as man with good marketing and negotiating skills, I'm sure with him behind the project something good could've come from it, which rapper would you rather see acting, 50 or Cube. who would you rather market it? I'm guessing Sc00n saw the business side can't fault him for that, I mean the G-Unit brand wasn't accomplished through music alone, there was a lot of strategy involved with regards to the way they were positioned in the consciousness of the rap consumer, that takes business acumen, and he saw him from the same position as himself intelligent straight talking hustlers.

Honestly, in that roll 50. Forget his acting skills, but as a actor in a hood portrayal movie that will mainly either be straight to dvd, or for conversation sake released in theaters marketed toward the teeny bopper crowd, as declined as he is will sell more then Cube. Most teens know Cube from "Are we there yet" movies, not NWA. Not to mention the many avenues 50 would use to advertise it, and the fact he's actually from that neighborhood and would want to represent as much as possible, at least make it more personable than a dude from L.A. would.

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
Honestly, in that roll 50. Forget his acting skills, but as a actor in a hood portrayal movie that will mainly either be straight to dvd, or for conversation sake released in theaters marketed toward the teeny bopper crowd, as declined as he is will sell more then Cube. Most teens know Cube from "Are we there yet" movies, not NWA. Not to mention the many avenues 50 would use to advertise it, and the fact he's actually from that neighborhood and would want to represent as much as possible, at least make it more personable than a dude from L.A. would.

I see what your saying in regards to the personal touch being from the area and what not but come don't undersell Cube like that and a movie like he (sc00n) was proposing couldn't be just marketed towards the teenybopper crowd like that.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In terms of acting, Ice Cube starring in a movie means WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than 50 Cent starring in a movie. Regardless of role. They're not even in the same ballpark.

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
I see what your saying in regards to the personal touch being from the area and what not but come don't undersell Cube like that and a movie like he (sc00n) was proposing couldn't be just marketed towards the teenybopper crowd like that.

I mean in Cube's own words he wanted to get away from that perception because of his kids, he had to be conviced for years to do another Friday, and I don't blame him. Get that wholesome money, the people that see those movies are usually families, and if the kids like them they also usually purchase the dvd. This Fat Cat movie even if in theaters, will sell more as a bootleg then at the movies. Why not get 50 involved as not only a producer but as a actor at a discount then try to overpay Cube in a project that doesn't actually relate to him? Am I wrong or is that backwards, fam?

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
In terms of acting, Ice Cube starring in a movie means WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than 50 Cent starring in a movie. Regardless of role. They're not even in the same ballpark.

In the big scheme of movies yeah, but what was his last non family movie? Triple X 2005. He's off that fam. I can't see him coming back to do a low budget bio for a gangster that he isn't getting paid top dollar or getting a cut of production money from, and throwing away that family friendly bread. That's just me...

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In the big scheme of movies yeah, but what was his last non family movie? Triple X 2005. He's off that fam. I can't see him coming back to do a low budget bio for a gangster that he isn't getting paid top dollar or getting a cut of production money from, and throwing away that family friendly bread. That's just me...

Nah you're probably right he wouldn't agree to do it, unless he was getting a huge check and some big role in the production of it. Even if it was just cosmetic and didn't mean much besides he sees that extra revenue

Habit

Banned
Daps
Yeah, the problem with Curtis Sc00n is that by harping on the philosophical and ethical flaws of everyone he sort of sets up a universe in which only Curtis Sc00n emerges as a man of vision, integrity, hustle, and keenness. 'Preme doesn't impress him, 50's business acumen is lamentable, Russell Simmons is the ultimate house nikka, Suge is just a glorified bouncer, Irv wears clown shoes, etc. It makes him seem simultaneously cynical and self-exalting, like a street hustler version of Nietzsche who holds everyone to the impossible standard of the Übermensch in analysis, while not having the accomplishments in real life to validate this circumspect judgment.

That being said, he drops a lot of jewels, and his version of the truth really resonates as legitimate and insightful.

With no track record or success, you can only look at him as critic or commentor. Cause if it was really that easy and everybody are not as smart as him, he would have something to show for it...but I must agree he is highly entertaining.