Curtis Sc00n's Twitter is Awesome

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
he sort of sets up a universe in which only Curtis Sc00n emerges as a man of vision, integrity, hustle, and keenness..

I don't know if I would agree with this. He talks candidly about his own faults and things he did wrong when he was young and runnin the streets. The cats that he does criticize, he doesn't do it in a way where he's totally invalidating their existence. Like it's no secret that a lot of nikkas in the rap game aren't as gangster as they claim to be. He mainly invalidates their street/gangster image which I would expect from any nikka that has lived a street life as thorough as his.

Plus the rap game is full of bytch nikkas and cowards, so if you get a real dude to talk about the rap game, the way he would be shytting on dudes would make him seem like a cynic automatically. Like if you get someone who knows about history to tell you about American history from the victim's point of view, they would sound cynical as well

Like I think some nikkas be catching feelings because Sc00n is telling them the dudes they believed all along were bosses and gangsters weren't any of that at all. nikkas reading his timeline lookin like

Last edited by a moderator:

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know if I would agree with this. He talks candidly about his own faults and things he did wrong when he was young and runnin the streets. The cats that he does criticize, he doesn't do it in a way where he's totally invalidating their existence. Like it's no secret that a lot of nikkas in the rap game aren't as gangster as they claim to be. He mainly invalidates their street/gangster image which I would expect from any nikka that has lived a street life as thorough as his.

Plus the rap game is full of bytch nikkas and cowards, so if you get a real dude to talk about the rap game, the way he would be shytting on dudes would make him seem like a cynic automatically. Like if you get someone who knows about history to tell you about American history from the victim's point of view, they would sound cynical as well

Like I think some nikkas be catching feelings because Sc00n is telling them the dudes they believed all along were bosses and gangsters weren't any of that at all. nikkas reading his timeline lookin like It's Still Real To Me Dammit - YouTube

Suge and 50 don't fall into the portrayals he puts forth quite so easily. I get what he says about rappers and street life and perception vs. reality but if Suge is a "glorified bouncer" and 50 doesn't have a sound business mind then, you know....

Saying that, I love the timeline, I was the first person on the site to recommend others read it. I'm just pointing out the flaw in his narrative perspective.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Reading dude's part about Quad studio had me like :wow:. Before I went to NYC last month I thought Quad had some huge lobby but like he said it was extremely small. Like basically not enough room to stretch your arms really, so yeah if they really wanted to kill Pac he would have been gone in 94.

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brrn reading this for a while now. Dude giving away a book for free........but still wanna see what all this leads up to. Once you tell the story it's told.

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
Yeah, the problem with Curtis Sc00n is that by harping on the philosophical and ethical flaws of everyone he sort of sets up a universe in which only Curtis Sc00n emerges as a man of vision, integrity, hustle, and keenness. 'Preme doesn't impress him, 50's business acumen is lamentable, Russell Simmons is the ultimate house nikka, Suge is just a glorified bouncer, Irv wears clown shoes, etc. It makes him seem simultaneously cynical and self-exalting, like a street hustler version of Nietzsche who holds everyone to the impossible standard of the Übermensch in analysis, while not having the accomplishments in real life to validate this circumspect judgment.

That being said, he drops a lot of jewels, and his version of the truth really resonates as legitimate and insightful.

:myman:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Suge and 50 don't fall into the portrayals he puts forth quite so easily. I get what he says about rappers and street life and perception vs. reality but if Suge is a "glorified bouncer" and 50 doesn't have a sound business mind then, you know....

Saying that, I love the timeline, I was the first person on the site to recommend others read it. I'm just pointing out the flaw in his narrative perspective.

Suge is a glorified bouncer in terms of being a street nikka. That's pretty much everything that's always been said about him. He was feared before he owned Death Row because he was huge and had a rep for fighting, but he was your typical big burly street thug. No more, no less. Then he got money and started gang members and LAPD to create this image of a Teflon Mob boss. He was still only really feared in the music industry after that. He didn't earn his rep on the streets like that, is the main point I think Curtis is trying to get across.

Habit

Banned
Daps

Like I think some nikkas be catching feelings because Sc00n is telling them the dudes they believed all along were bosses and gangsters weren't any of that at all. nikkas reading his timeline lookin like It's Still Real To Me Dammit - YouTube

Rap is entertainment, though.

Pac and Ice Cube are two of my favorite rappers, and I never took what they said seriously I just like the picture they painted.

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
Suge is a glorified bouncer in terms of being a street nikka. That's pretty much everything that's always been said about him. He was feared before he owned Death Row because he was huge and had a rep for fighting, but he was your typical big burly street thug. No more, no less. Then he got money and started gang members and LAPD to create this image of a Teflon Mob boss. He was still only really feared in the music industry after that. He didn't earn his rep on the streets like that, is the main point I think Curtis is trying to get across.

suger never claimed to be this be super gangster guy anyway dumbass.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps

No he not, sc00n just jealous. Read through his timeline clearly.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
2nd part is a bit short sighted. Vitamin Water was big before 50, 50 was smart enough to get tacked on before they got bought. Not sure how anyone could have expected 50 to get a bigger piece of the pie than what he got.

Yeah, that was crazy. 50 grossed 400 mil of that vitamin water deal. Half went to taxes so that's at 200. After all the other fees, he took home 150 mil. Not 100 mil. But I'm looking at Sc00n's twitter pics and he seems to be living it up as well. No 100 mil, but dude's spot looking plush as hell.