Curtis Sc00n's Twitter is Awesome

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
With no track record or success, you can only look at him as critic or commentor. Cause if it was really that easy and everybody are not as smart as him, he would have something to show for it...but I must agree he is highly entertaining.

Oh, he seems to have a track record of success. He's too smart to get specific, but from everything I've heard and read he's a bonafide hustler and smooth operator.

Habit

Banned
Daps
Oh, he seems to have a track record of success. He's too smart to get specific, but from everything I've heard and read he's a bonafide hustler and smooth operator.

Well, that is enough to convince me.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In the big scheme of movies yeah, but what was his last non family movie? Triple X 2005. He's off that fam. I can't see him coming back to do a low budget bio for a gangster that he isn't getting paid top dollar or getting a cut of production money from, and throwing away that family friendly bread. That's just me...

nikkas gon act like Janky Promoters never came out? Good movie actually too....but he talkin about how 50 ain't a good businesman and only gets money cuz he's 50 which may be true....but let's be honest the only reason I could see going to 50 about a movie starring Ice Cube becuz he's 50 and you know that nikka or know sumbody that know em....what in your right mind would make u think Cube would star in a 50 movie when he has his own damn company:childplease: 50's interest probaly deflated bcuz as a smart buiness man he knew if by sum crazy chance Cube did agree,he would want a big pay day and some production credit.....now as a good business man what makes u think 50 would agree with that:childplease::laff:.....sounds almost like he didn't know who he wuz dealing with or trying to deal with....either that or he wuz reachin then or he reachin now just to throw a shot at 50.

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
nikkas gon act like Janky Promoters never came out? Good movie actually too....but he talkin about how 50 ain't a good businesman and only gets money cuz he's 50 which may be true....but let's be honest the only reason I could see going to 50 about a movie starring Ice Cube becuz he's 50 and you know that nikka or know sumbody that know em....what in your right mind would make u think Cube would star in a 50 movie when he has his own damn company:childplease: 50's interest probaly deflated bcuz as a smart buiness man he knew if by sum crazy chance Cube did agree,he would want a big pay day and some production credit.....now as a good business man what makes u think 50 would agree with that:childplease::laff:.....sounds almost like he didn't know who he wuz dealing with or trying to deal with....either that or he wuz reachin then or he reachin now just to throw a shot at 50.

He actually just thought his rep would be enough to convice people to respect his business sense. This ain't the block though, and I respect him, but he has NO right not to take any business advice from 50.

Scotch Hall

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#TSC and surgical shoes
Yeah, the problem with Curtis Sc00n is that by harping on the philosophical and ethical flaws of everyone he sort of sets up a universe in which only Curtis Sc00n emerges as a man of vision, integrity, hustle, and keenness. 'Preme doesn't impress him, 50's business acumen is lamentable, Russell Simmons is the ultimate house nikka, Suge is just a glorified bouncer, Irv wears clown shoes, etc. It makes him seem simultaneously cynical and self-exalting, like a street hustler version of Nietzsche who holds everyone to the impossible standard of the Übermensch in analysis, while not having the accomplishments in real life to validate this circumspect judgment.

That being said, he drops a lot of jewels, and his version of the truth really resonates as legitimate and insightful.

Yeah that's what I got too from reading his posts. Dude took advantage of some people (he called it playing every angle) but if it was someone else he would probably hate them for it

LandryFieldsDad

All Star
Daps
All sorts of shameful behavior are excused and condoned with "at least they getting paid." RuPaul got paid too. Wanna a nip and tuck?SMH

Since '86

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
2nd part is a bit short sighted. Vitamin Water was big before 50, 50 was smart enough to get tacked on before they got bought. Not sure how anyone could have expected 50 to get a bigger piece of the pie than what he got.

Yeah, I was kinda like :wtf: at that part. Did he really expect 50 to get a billion out of that deal, when Vitamin Water was already an established brand?

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Today on Twitter:

"Like I said I didn't have a problem with JMJ. We weren't part of the same social or professional circle. I rarely saw him.

At times his behavior was a lil extra but that didn't bother me although it bothered some dudes from Brooklyn 1 night outside Union Square.

People don't even remember Jay was shot in Manhattan one night back in the early 80's. He and his boys got into an argument outside the club

They were in Jay's car and had words with some dudes from BK. They jumped out the car and shots rang out. Jay was shot. Wasn't even big news

Another time I saw him in Hampton Va and he approached me about his boy Harold Lawson whose life I saved as if it was my fault.

He had no idea what transpired and had he talked to Harold he would've known but the pressure was on for him to "step" to me about that.

I told him to ask his boy what happened. Things like that can be annoying because if my mindset was different it could've been a problem.

No disrespect to him at all but I NEVER saw him as a street dude and never reacted to him as one. I just figured he didn't know better.

There was one time in 96 though where I approached him about something I'd asked him to do. I had no #'s on Jay but I saw him in 192 park.

I was by myself and Jay was surrounded by the usual coattail committee. He was playing basketball and I asked to speak with him.

He came to me bouncing the ball and we began to talk. He was acting a little dismissive towards me and the flunkies started crowding us.

What I did next gave us our space back and caused him to pay attention. We finished our discussion and I left. No blood. No foul.

What I did I won't say but it was for the people getting out of character not Jay. 6 yrs later that act would be the basis for a lie"

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Today on Twitter:

"Like I said I didn't have a problem with JMJ. We weren't part of the same social or professional circle. I rarely saw him.

At times his behavior was a lil extra but that didn't bother me although it bothered some dudes from Brooklyn 1 night outside Union Square.

People don't even remember Jay was shot in Manhattan one night back in the early 80's. He and his boys got into an argument outside the club

They were in Jay's car and had words with some dudes from BK. They jumped out the car and shots rang out. Jay was shot. Wasn't even big news

Another time I saw him in Hampton Va and he approached me about his boy Harold Lawson whose life I saved as if it was my fault.

He had no idea what transpired and had he talked to Harold he would've known but the pressure was on for him to "step" to me about that.

I told him to ask his boy what happened. Things like that can be annoying because if my mindset was different it could've been a problem.

No disrespect to him at all but I NEVER saw him as a street dude and never reacted to him as one. I just figured he didn't know better.

There was one time in 96 though where I approached him about something I'd asked him to do. I had no #'s on Jay but I saw him in 192 park.

I was by myself and Jay was surrounded by the usual coattail committee. He was playing basketball and I asked to speak with him.

He came to me bouncing the ball and we began to talk. He was acting a little dismissive towards me and the flunkies started crowding us.

What I did next gave us our space back and caused him to pay attention. We finished our discussion and I left. No blood. No foul.

What I did I won't say but it was for the people getting out of character not Jay. 6 yrs later that act would be the basis for a lie"

I pointed this out earlier,but it seems like this dude has a superiority complex when it comes to rappers,as he's the real street nikka and they are just rappers...as if he expects them to just fall in line to the "real street nikka" as if they are not men first....some people don't give a shyt about your rep if you are disrespectful...maybe J wuz the same or maybe he wuz an azzhole....but this sc00ns dude seems to be pretty condesending when talkin on a lot of these rap figures..I could see them having issues with him....not sayin he should have to humble himself if that's how he is...but he should stop expecting rappers to humble theyself for him bcuz he's "really street" and they just rappers...y'all both just men at the end of the day....one shouldn't have more fear then the other

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I pointed this out earlier,but it seems like this dude has a superiority complex when it comes to rappers,as he's the real street nikka and they are just rappers...as if he expects them to just fall in line to the "real street nikka" as if they are not men first....some people don't give a shyt about your rep if you are disrespectful...maybe J wuz the same or maybe he wuz an azzhole....but this sc00ns dude seems to be pretty condesending when talkin on a lot of these rap figures..I could see them having issues with him....not sayin he should have to humble himself if that's how he is...but he should stop expecting rappers to humble theyself for him bcuz he's "really street" and they just rappers...y'all both just men at the end of the day....one shouldn't have more fear then the other

Word. I feel what you're saying. A lot of street dudes think like Curtis, but the reality a man isn't going to necessarily back down to another man, regardless of what he has done in the past. We all bleed.

Habit

Banned
Daps
Word. I feel what you're saying. A lot of street dudes think like Curtis, but the reality a man isn't going to necessarily back down to another man, regardless of what he has done in the past. We all bleed.

Basically. You are tempted fate when you play with someone's pride.