Cornel West is openly shytting on Ta-Nehisi Coates. What. The fukk?!

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
The liberal agenda is not a pro black agenda and never has been. They prioritize gays and white women's issues before black issues. How can a black person champion Hillary making the gender pay gap a priority when the racial pay gap is much larger? That's the problem with the liberal agenda.

Neither party right now is serving the needs of black americans.. I understand your argument that scraps from the liberal table are better than nothing.. I just don't agree with it.

I'm black and I consider myself a liberal. I agree with most of the Democratic platform.

I have asked on this forum of people who don't agree with libs what exactly (meaning laws, programs, amendments, etc) should the dem party do exclusively for black Americans and I get no response.

I feel like most of the things we need are at a state local level.

So if y could answer this question I'd appreciate it.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
I'd rather have water or cranberry juice than coke or Pepsi.
I'd rather listen to and further the pan-African vision of someone like John Henry Clarke and Marimba Ani than spend 5 seconds giving a shyt about either Coates, Cornel West, or Obama. :yeshrug:

I don't have to choose coke nor pepsi(I don't want either)
I don't have to choose Coates, Cornel West, Obama, Democratic, or Republican party(I again don't want any of them)

:hubie:

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
I fukk with Cornel. He's a genuine intellectual who states his truth regardless of the consequences for his career. Can't do anything but respect that.

Ta-Nahesi's writing is unfocused and self-pitying to an alarming extent. I get a very strong internet weirdo loner vibe from that breh.

Trying to read one of Ta-Nahesi's Atlantic essays makes me feel like im shytting a whole 16oz jar of JiF peanut butter. Slow going, obnoxious and painful. Fukk all that noise.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Maybe that's the basis of their shyt starting, when Obama started to shine they saw their immortality disappear...

That's when I lost all respect for those clowns and they've shown I was right in my decision since then with their actions.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
1. Whats wrong with gays? Bayard Rustin? Langston Hughes? Baldwin? :dahell:
Homosexuality is ultimately an anti human practice - one of the worst actually. Promoting/supporting it is a crime against humanity overall, but promoting it within a community as broken, lost, and devastated as the global black community? I could probably make an argument that that’s a War Crime

2. Obama and him argued a lot. Literally. How you saying he went out like a bytch? He was arguably the main one who even had Obama's ear. West was mad Obama wouldn't even call him back

He went out like a bytch because he WAS the Reparations Media Darling and not only did Obama make his argument for him, he didn’t just allow Obama to make weak counter arguments, he SUPPORTED Obama’s weak arguments against his own claim to fame (Reparations). Look at this bytch nikka :heh:

Obama: But as a practical matter, it is hard to think of any society in human history in which a majority population has said that as a consequence of historic wrongs, we are now going to take a big chunk of the nation’s resources over a long period of time to make that right. You can look at examples like postwar Germany, where reparations were paid to Holocaust victims and families, but—

Coates: They lost the war.
(Helping to defeat his own arguments)

Obama
: They lost the war. Small population, finite amount of money that it was going to cost. Not multiple generations but people, in some cases, who are still alive, who can point to, “That was my house. Those were my paintings. Those were my mother’s family jewels.”

Obama: ...And what makes America complicated as well is the degree to which this is not just a black/white society, and it is becoming less so every year. So how do Latinos feel if there’s a big investment just in the African American community, and they’re looking around and saying, “We’re poor as well. What kind of help are we getting?” Or Asian Americans who say, “Look, I’m a first-generation immigrant, and clearly I didn’t have anything to do with what was taking place.” And now you start getting into trying to calibrate—

He offered some meek pushback here

Coates: Isn’t there just—not to cut you off—isn’t there, and this is out of the role of U.S. president, I’m almost speaking to you as a law professor now, an intellectual, in fact—
(p*ssyfooting around like a ho)

Obama: Well, that’s how I was answering the question, because if you want me to talk about politics, I’ll be much more blunt about it.

Coates: I figured that. I thought that was what I was getting.

Obama: I was giving the benefit of playing out, theoretically, how you could think about that.

Coates: And I appreciate that. And the question I would ask is in that situation, to the immigrant who comes here, first generation, and says, “I didn’t do any of this,” but the country is largely here because of that. In other words, many of the benefits that you will actually enjoy are, in fact, in part—I won’t say largely—in part here because of the past. So when you want the benefits, when you invoke the past, that thus you inherit the debt, too—
(Downplaying the significance of slavery regarding the building of America. Again, defeating his own arguments and supporting Obama’s weak ones, and later let Obama skate by giving him an out about optimism)

‘Better Is Good’: Obama on Reparations, Civil Rights, and the Art of the Possible

3. That France move was suspect tho :mjpls:

:manny:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
I'n not a fan of nehisi coats - dude is very whiny and too much a "weez ain' neva gon make it" type negro to me.

and are every day black people really discussing his talking points like that? :jbhmm:

be careful propping up these black folks who're ONLY known to the white liberal elite

How are black people going to make it if they can't even stay on code in real life?

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
My bad ... let me put on this Lil Uzi Vert instead ...

:heh:do what you want. I am a practical person and like listening/reading information I can use to further my goals in life.

Nothing those two produced ever helped me move further. All they have is rhetoric, nothing really intellectually stimulating that is in league with Chancellor Williams or Cheik anta Diop.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Coates reveals his preoccupation with white acceptance when he writes with genuine euphoria: “As I watched Barack Obama’s star shoot across the political sky ... I had never seen so many white people cheer on a black man who was neither an athlete nor an entertainer. And it seemed that they loved him for this, and I thought in those days ... that they might love me too.”
:gucci:
:laff:goofy ass nikkas

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
When does having criticism of Obama makes you not a liberal shill?

I did read wrote what he wrote at The Atlantic and the fact that he wrote at fukking The Atlantic is even more damning...

Coates is a liberal...Coates is establishment.

Coates is literally a translator of Black people for White liberals that live in San Fran, LA and New York City. That's his job.

He's a liberal to the core and I like reading his shyt but he's a liberal nutholder.

Nah, he is the translator of Black people for all white folks even those who are Conservative.

He continually shyts on White people and calls them out - but so eloquently. I love it.