Cornel West is openly shytting on Ta-Nehisi Coates. What. The fukk?!

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what are you fukkboys rambling about?

1. Whats wrong with the liberal agenda? Are you a conservative? The fukk are you talking about? Do you know the words you're using?

2. Hillary was better than Trump. End of story. Just grow the fukk up and accept it.

4. I support the Democrats because I don't support the republicans. The fukk are you guys being so dense for? Coates ain't "All in" with the shyt. Its pragmatism.

The liberal agenda is not a pro black agenda and never has been. They prioritize gays and white women's issues before black issues. How can a black person champion Hillary making the gender pay gap a priority when the racial pay gap is much larger? That's the problem with the liberal agenda.

Neither party right now is serving the needs of black americans.. I understand your argument that scraps from the liberal table are better than nothing.. I just don't agree with it.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
The liberal agenda is not a pro black agenda and never has been. They prioritize gays and white women's issues before black issues. How can a black person champion Hillary making the gender pay gap a priority when the racial pay gap is much larger? That's the problem with the liberal agenda.

Neither party right now is serving the needs of black americans.. I understand your argument that scraps from the liberal table are better than nothing.. I just don't agree with it.

Let's be real...the Democratic Party doesn't even give us scraps...they give us IOUs....

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Sorry Obama was a little busy...meanwhile West was doing shyt like this:

DRQoGzsUQAAOQpc.jpg
I was pointing out that their criticisms of Obama were based on hurt feelings more than anything else. Had Obama patted them on their heads, you wouldn't have heard a peep out of them about Obama.

This is coming from me, a guy who likes and follows both guys, but let's keep it 100.

A lot of Black public figures were essentially neutralized by Obama bringing them in and giving them access. The ones who he didn't bring in....were silenced and shut out by the very media that used to prop them up.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
:snooze:

Cornell is the hoe he says everyone else is :ufdup:

This doesn't answer my question. But, that's your right. I'm just tryna build.

Haven't read much of Coates' work but has he taken Obama to task on drone strikes and the other issues West was stating? I haven't followed Cornel in awhile but I haven't seen him critical of Trump. Also I can't stand Twitter. Everyone is real dismissive. Every now and then someone will attack the other side's viewpoints, but it's not often. I will also say comparing Obama to Malcolm is silly.

I just read this and it doesn't seem crazy or irrational at all.

If there's oversight by Dr. West, it can't that much. He acknowledges Coates speaking truth on racism, but, seems troubled;

Coates rightly highlights the vicious legacy of white supremacy – past and present. He sees it everywhere and ever reminds us of its plundering effects. Unfortunately, he hardly keeps track of our fightback, and never connects this ugly legacy to the predatory capitalist practices, imperial policies (of war, occupation, detention, assassination) or the black elite’s refusal to confront poverty, patriarchy or transphobia.

:snoop:

It's clear any critic of anything people like will be written off as "hating"

The disagreements between Coates and I are substantive and serious. It would be wrong to construe my quest for truth and justice as motivated by pettiness. Must every serious critique be reduced to a vicious takedown or an ugly act of hatred?

Yes, I disagree with this;

Coates reveals his preoccupation with white acceptance when he writes with genuine euphoria: “As I watched Barack Obama’s star shoot across the political sky ... I had never seen so many white people cheer on a black man who was neither an athlete nor an entertainer. And it seemed that they loved him for this, and I thought in those days ... that they might love me too.”

Coates may need to widen his view on white supremacy systemically, but, he can't be classified as some Uncle Tom and Dr. West goes to far as to say Coates is poppin' because he makes white ppl comfortable (that Stephen Colbert interview for example)

One more question; @4d 6f 6e 65 79 (:russ: Cause you just swinging on everyone you quoting)

What would you recommend ppl read by Coates that addresses Dr. West's piece?

:birdman: Do be glib and flippant, I'm tryna build muhfukka--like these two should be doing

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

black gays and black women exist

Moich

Banned
Daps
Having listened to their interviews and read their writings, both these brothers are lost.

You can have qualms about Obama, but at least he was a realist. These two are in their own bizzaro alternate reality.

Uncle Hotep

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Coates reveals his preoccupation with white acceptance when he writes with genuine euphoria: “As I watched Barack Obama’s star shoot across the political sky ... I had never seen so many white people cheer on a black man who was neither an athlete nor an entertainer. And it seemed that they loved him for this, and I thought in those days ... that they might love me too.”
:gucci:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I was pointing out that their criticisms of Obama were based on hurt feelings more than anything else. Had Obama patted them on their heads, you wouldn't have heard a peep out of them about Obama.

This is coming from me, a guy who likes and follows both guys, but let's keep it 100.

A lot of Black public figures were essentially neutralized by Obama bringing them in and giving them access. The ones who he didn't bring in....were silenced and shut out by the very media that used to prop them up.
That doesn't make any sense, breh.

Coates praises Obama as a “deeply moral human being” while remaining silent on the 563 drone strikes, the assassination of US citizens with no trial, the 26,171 bombs dropped on five Muslim-majority countries in 2016 and the 550 Palestinian children killed with US supported planes in 51 days, etc. He calls Obama “one of the greatest presidents in American history,” who for “eight years ... walked on ice and never fell.”

You mean to tell me, you like Dr. West, but, you believe he compromise himself to such a level that he'd ignore the above if only Obama and him were friends?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:gucci:
This doesn't answer my question. But, that's your right. I'm just tryna build.

I just read this and it doesn't seem crazy or irrational at all.

If there's oversight by Dr. West, it can't that much. He acknowledges Coates speaking truth on racism, but, seems troubled;

:snoop:

It's clear any critic of anything people like will be written off as "hating"

Yes, I disagree with this;

Coates may need to widen his view on white supremacy systemically, but, he can't be classified as some Uncle Tom and Dr. West goes to far as to say Coates is poppin' because he makes white ppl comfortable (that Stephen Colbert interview for example)

One more question; @4d 6f 6e 65 79 (:russ: Cause you just swinging on everyone you quoting)

What would you recommend ppl read by Coates that addresses Dr. West's piece?

:birdman: Do be glib and flippant, I'm tryna build muhfukka--like these two should be doing

Coates addresses the criticism he gets and his white fans at 19 minutes through the next 10 minutes

This was recorded last week.

@Y2Dre @Shook @Raymond Burrr @Red Shield @bdizzle @satam55 @Houston911 @Michael's Black Son @Sagat @Trajan @Sukairain @YouMadd? @MalikX @The Black Panther @Matt504 @SupremexKing @#1 pick @Clutch Robinson @Cat piss martini @AndroidHero

Daps
Cornell West has been irrelevant for years. It's been over two decades since Race Matters.

Now he's just a sad old dude mad that there are black intellectuals other than him at the forefront, out here begging for attention and taking handouts for TV guest spots from "liberal" white women like Tina Fey.

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
The fact that the white liberals are attacking west is just proving his point. I like Coates.. but his blind allegiance to hillary clinton, liberals and the democratic party has always been his main fault. BUT to Coates credit he did take some shots at the so called liberals and progressives after the trump election. I think that was somewhat of a wake up call to him and other black liberal lackeys when they saw the large majority of whites voted trump regardless of class, gender etc.. And not sure why folks are mad at Jill Stein. She was the ONLY candidate that openly backed reparations to African Americans. Ironic that Coates supported Hillary who was openly against reparations.

One thing about West is that he has been pretty consistent. He has never really aligned himself with a party but rather his own ideals and you have to respect him for that. He doesn't always say the popular thing but history has proven he and tavis were right about Obama. Remember when everyone was talking chess not checkers and we should just be happy a black man is in the white house and saying Obama would do specific things for black folks in his second term... yeah that never happened.

Coates has no blind allegiance to Hillary Clinton.
Coates is a Sanders supporter and no fan of either of the Clintons. He ripped Bill Clinton’s criminal justice record in his epic essay “The Black Family in the Age of Mass Incarceration.” Last month, Coates slammed her thumbnail version of post-Civil War reconstruction as evidence she is “a candidate who seems comfortable doling out the kind of myths that undergirded racist violence.”

The Unlikely Source Clinton Used to Win in Nevada

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
That doesn't make any sense, breh.

You mean to tell me, you like Dr. West, but, you believe he compromise himself to such a level that he'd ignore the above if only Obama and him were friends?

I understand the nature of politics, and I think I remember Dr. West being rather silent about some of the same types of things when Bill Clinton was in office.

He was one of the "Chosen ones" back then, so it wasn't in his best interest to air out Clinton for ,say, bombing the aspirin factory in the Sudan under the false premise of "hunting terrorists". Media then wasn't as it is now, so if he was as critical of Bill, I surely missed it.

People holding their tongues when it benefits them to do so, is politics 101. I learned that from my father. People will rarely bite the hand that feeds them.