Cornel West is openly shytting on Ta-Nehisi Coates. What. The fukk?!

Daps
Supporting Jill Stein was supporting trump, especially when it became clear that the race was going to be close. Jill Stein had no chance to win and everybody knew it. That was a bytch ass cop out. The choice was between trump and Clinton. The white supremacists made a power move in electing trump and blacks like west indirectly helped.

I’ve got my issues with Coates too, but West sounds like a clown here. He’s talking that same liberal “what about class, patriarchy, and gender” bullshyt so obviously his beef is just personal. His a personal problem with this car and Obama, that’s all this is about.

Better Trump was elected than Hillary and the rest of the liberal snakes who show token appreciation of the black vote without actually doing anything for our community. Because of Trump's flagrant white supremacy, black people are more on code and aware than we've been in decades.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Real shyt though...if its one thing we MUST stop as a people is shutting down divergent thought as "c00ning" and the sort. While I agree AND disagree on some points with West that doesn't invalidate his opinion. Which is what the "c00n" tag does.

I've read West and I've read Coates...they BOTH have championed our causes in different ways...and yet they BOTH have myopic viewpoints on certain things. This is human and natural and there is NOTHING wrong with criticizing it...in fact, its is NECESSARY for the survival of intelligent discourse.

So for as much as we talk about the polarization of thought in American and, by proxy, western culture. The more we need to realize that agree or disagree, stuff like this is needed.

Daps
I said before it is silly for these black intellectuals to go at each other.

Second you can get on west for supporting Jill Stein. But lets not act like he was supporting Trump. Stein was a green party individual and many folks supported her instead Trump or Hillary.

Also West has never supported Trump he has called him a neo-facist and been calling him out for at leat the last year.

I got my issues with West but folks need to be accurate.

Don't worry. This is just Nap trolling as usual and looking for a way to shyt on anybody who doesn't have a Hilary Clinton autographed poster on their wall. Cornell committed the mortal sin in the eyes of dudes like Nap of being critical of Clinton and argued in favor of third party support.
That somehow equates to him being a Trump supporter, even if he never once came even remotely close to ever showing a shred of support for Donald Trump or his policies, past and present.

That's the only reason he even posted this, not for a discussion of what Cornell actually critiqued. The proof is is in the subsequent posted tweets that all mentioned Jill Stein, Clinton drone public enemy #1.

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
At the end of the day, Coates just sees himself as a popular down to earth author who writes and speaks on racial/societial
He's not a politically connected academic at major Ivy-League institutions.

West is kinda looking :flabbynsick: status these days.

I don't understand how you can be an Ivy league professor that shyts on a Howard drop-out author because you claim he's too "elitist". That argument looks incredibly flimsy in the light.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Better Trump was elected than Hillary and the rest of the liberal snakes who show token appreciation of the black vote without actually doing anything for our community. Because of Trump's flagrant white supremacy, black people are more on code and aware than we've been in decades.
I don’t know what world you’re living in but this isn’t true at all. Blacks are actually more off-code than ever before. Millions of blacks will be ducked by this tax plan and millions of blacks will eventually lose their health care. Those are two distinct detriments that have come with trump’s presidency. Clinton wouldn’t have pushed this tax plan thru and she wouldn’t have sabotaged health care. There’s nothing you can point to factually that backs up your “we better off under trump” bullshyt. That “we’re more on code with trump” shyt is flat out lie. We aren’t ready for what trump is doing and we’re going to bear the brunt of his administration.
On eve of Trump visit, African Americans in Mississippi say he’s brought back troubles of the past

The fact that you “Clinton would be no better than trump” clowns refuse to concede even after being proven wrong just illustrates how off-code we are. Cats are still putting ego over the truth and that’s a feminine characteristic. Even blacks that I respect are on this dumb shyt.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Michael Eric Dyson came at him first by writing this long ass essay in The Republic...

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/121550/cornel-wests-rise-fall

When your entire livilhood is based on translating Black People for White liberals...shyt gets serious when White liberals move on from you...

The whole career of a public Black intellectual is based on about 5 things

1. Getting the support of Black people.
2. Getting the attention of White people.
3. Saying controversial things that gets the applause of Black people but the awe of White people.
4. Making White liberals feel like they are staring into the soul of Black people by listening to you or reading your writings.
5. Getting the approval of the Democratic Party and a sitting Democratic President.

you forgot, even with all that, getting no results..
NONE...