Cornel West is openly shytting on Ta-Nehisi Coates. What. The fukk?!

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ta-Nehisi Coates is the neoliberal face of the black freedom struggle | Cornel West

The disagreements between Coates and I are substantive and serious. It would be wrong to construe my quest for truth and justice as motivated by pettiness

wftbm5D.gif

these brothers should be forming like voltron instead of arguing and being unproductive. it's ok and even necessary to be critical of obama's shortcomings, but once cornel fully embraced being an agent of divide and conquer he went too far. we need all these guys working together for us to make it.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
He didn't but he doesn't mention a sin worse than any of Coates: Supporting the orange devil.

I can agree with West and still despise him for a his fukk up.

Cornell West endorsed Bernie Sanders, he didn't endorse Trump.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
how?

this dude living on Harvard's money doing no work and writing articles about other black people instead of white supremacists

he wasted his op ed chastising another black man trying to figure shyt out.

what part of the game is that?

For that reason. He seems to spend more time chastising other black "leaders", rather than the the real enemy and for the most part he just babbles when doing that.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I'm pissed that of the probably 5 living black writers that people universally give a fukk about, Cornell West has the temerity call out Coates for some unnecessarily petty bullshyt.

And why is he writing this?

I mean seriously. Think about it. Who is he signaling to?

"Hey guys, I'm the REAL revolutionary...."

:usure:

You can't talk about looking for white acceptance without staring at what West did in that piece.
Who is he signaling too? :rudy:

This type of stupid fukking statement is exactly what he was talking about. Obama was a fukking stoog and black folks that fought for this country have that right to speak their opinion without being called a fukking sell out. Obama did literally nothing for the civil Rights of black folks. Only women and faggits worship him like you. Obama fukked up shyt that won't be shown until years after he is out of office and you'll still be defending him and the people that do the same.:camby:

The secret backstory of how Obama let Hezbollah off the hook

:snoop:

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
wftbm5D.gif

these brothers should be forming like voltron instead of arguing and being unproductive. it's ok and even necessary to be critical of obama's shortcomings, but once cornel fully embraced being an agent of divide and conquer he went too far. we need all these guys working together for us to make it.
Why would he form anything with someone he doesn't believe in at all? We don't have to work together on everything. It's okay to have different opinions man. Just because we are black doesn't mean we have to be of only one mind. This debate is an old one and one that west has had with great leaders of our race. Stop acting like a bytch screaming on the side line in a street fight and let these men smoke. We'll see what comes out of it when the debate ends

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Coates IMO is the ONLY Black man in media truly standing up for Black Americans.

Who else would do a Reparations piece and have it win an award and help reignite a convo.

BTW: this was perfection.

:rudy: Coates' talking points are in touch with the average working class black american?

stop it. he's a scholar. He's picking up where dyson/west/gates is leaving off.

I just looked up a speech of his on youtube where he's lecturing on slavery and this is a quote from his verbatim:
"....when we talk about jim crow which obviously came from slavery, we find ourselves speaking to a sentimental language..."

^^^ how does this help working class poor black folks in southside chicago, RIGHT NOW.

not knocking his hustle, but he's not for us, he's for these muthafukkas:
stock-photo-closeup-portrait-of-young-succesful-bearded-hipster-man-with-shirt-and-glasses-over-a-white-447852643.jpg

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm black and I consider myself a liberal. I agree with most of the Democratic platform.

I have asked on this forum of people who don't agree with libs what exactly (meaning laws, programs, amendments, etc) should the dem party do exclusively for black Americans and I get no response.

I feel like most of the things we need are at a state local level.

So if y could answer this question I'd appreciate it.

Because it's a stupid question to ask.. repeat after me.. BLACK ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT. That's a phrase that terrifies white liberals and they never talk about it. Notice I didn't say "minority empowerment". Liberals hate to acknowledge that blacks have a unique set of problems that require unique solutions (reparations etc.). Thats because to do so would actually challenge white supremacy which they have no intention of dismantling since they benefit from it.

Blacks need more protection against discrimination and racism in hiring practices, healthcare, and lending/ home loans, prison sentencing etc. The data proves the issue is systemic and racially motivated. blacks pay taxes.. a government for the people and by the people has a duty to protect it's citizens. There is a need for programs and funding for black businesses only. Not minorities( aka white gays, white women, hispanics, asians etc)

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla
The same people who are on twitter kissing Coates ass are the same people that love Hilary and the Democratic Party...:picard:

:wow:

So I am confused...

Stan a nikka that calls out White Supremacy in everything he writes...

Stan a nikka that calls for Reparations

But love Hilary and the Democratic Party...

But stan Neo-Liberalism...

:mjlol:

Facts. I didn't care at the beginning of this thread. But now seeing the Democratic party and Clintonistas shills attacking Cornell West, I think he might have a point.
:russ: This nikka Napoleon is just gonna keep spamming this thread with tweets from Negroliberals that nobody respects & get clowned all the time in the HL & The Root subforums.

Democratic shills. That's what he is posting. SMH.

Daps
Coates IMO is the ONLY Black man in media truly standing up for Black Americans.

Who else would do a Reparations piece and have it win an award and help reignite a convo.

BTW: this was perfection.

An award from who? fukk an award. Give me reparations. :pachaha:

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People love inserting some salon drama to everything. Focus on the message Cornell displayed and dissect his philosophy and his method of obtaining said thought.

Not what you think his emotional motivator was/is. It's bytch shyt.

Let's say he does have a vendetta against Coates. So what? Harper on his ideas and deconstruct it.

People love simplyfing and dismissing shyt so they don't have to think.

West had some very powerful facts and in essence, wants a to share a more positive and inclusive path to "black freedom".

Damn shame people hate to think past the gossipy shyt.

Mind you I love Coates off the fact that he is a pessimist and has very informative essays.

shadowking

All Star
Daps

:scust:
Unfortunately, Coates’ allegiance to Obama has produced an impoverished understanding of black history. He reveals this when he writes: “Ossie Davis famously eulogized Malcolm X as ‘our living, Black manhood’ and ‘our own Black shining prince.’ Only one man today could bear those twin honorifics: Barack Obama.”

:devil:
:evil:

Again what the hell do you mean by allegiance? Have you read his articles ? He makes critiques all the time..

You armchair militants make me laugh. What specifically have you done other than talk ?

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
Because it's a stupid question to ask.. repeat after me.. BLACK ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT. That's a phrase that terrifies white liberals and they never talk about it. Notice I didn't say "minority empowerment". Liberals hate to acknowledge that blacks have a unique set of problems that require unique solutions (reparations etc.). Thats because to do so would actually challenge white supremacy which they have no intention of dismantling since they benefit from it.

Blacks need more protection against discrimination and racism in hiring practices, healthcare, and lending/ home loans, prison sentencing etc. The data proves the issue is systemic and racially motivated. blacks pay taxes.. a government for the people and by the people has a duty to protect it's citizens. There is a need for programs and funding for black businesses only. Not minorities( aka white gays, white women, hispanics, asians etc)

I know that most of our issues are system and come from racism. I just don't see a law that will put an end to it nor "programs or entitlements" that will only be for AA that won't be challenged in the courts.