Cornel West is openly shytting on Ta-Nehisi Coates. What. The fukk?!

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I understand the nature of politics, and I think I remember Dr. West being rather silent about some of the same types of things when Bill Clinton was in office.

He was one of the "Chosen ones" back then, so it wasn't in his best interest to air out Clinton for ,say, bombing the aspirin factory in the Sudan under the false premise of "hunting terrorists". Media then wasn't as it is now, so if he was as critical of Bill, I surely missed it.

People holding their tongues when it benefits them to do so, is politics 101. I learned that from my father. People will rarely bite the hand that feeds them.

+rep

And that's all I asked. Still, I think that's an ad hominem attack. Yes, that makes him a hypocrite, but, I don't think he's wrong about Obama.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
+rep

And that's all I asked. Still, I think that's an ad hominem attack. Yes, that makes him a hypocrite, but, I don't think he's wrong about Obama.
Thanks. I don't think many of his criticisms are invalid. I don't really subscribe to side versus side thinking when it comes to politics. That way of thinking gives people a convenient way to ignore hard truths.
Me bringing up the root of West's criticism of Obama wasn't meant to do that.

I have an archive of the Smiley and West podcast, and a lot of West's criticisms of Obama were dead on.

Unless a group has several lobby groups actively promoting their interests in the political arena, no politician has to take that group seriously. That's true 100% of the time, even for Black people under a Black president.

Last edited:

GMoney

Nostalgia Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Abundance
Cornel is being petty as usual, but I don't care, I tend to dislike the same people he dislikes.

Ta-Nehisi is wholly unimpressive in his oratory. His writing on race and black life (while well written) is no more introspective than many of the random well-written thoughts I see from other black people on the internet.

That's what probably burns Cornel, that Coates is so unvarnished, that he mixes in personal feelings and statements without any consequence. Ta-Nehisi is harmless to me in the long run, but again, it probably burns Cornel that so many people like his work. I don't get it either.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
I'n not a fan of nehisi coats - dude is very whiny and too much a "weez ain' neva gon make it" type negro to me.

and are every day black people really discussing his talking points like that? :jbhmm:

be careful propping up these black folks who're ONLY known to the white liberal elite

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm prob not smart enough to understand all this. But I never seen a race of people like black people who are so critical of each other.
We pull each other down.
I get it the white man has designed the system that there is o my space for say 3 black stars at a time but this just gets so ugly.

www.THUG.com

Trick Love Da Kids!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
Cornel West has been off his rocker for a while now. I remember when he came at Michae Eric Dyson.

Last year, I went to the Cornel West vs. Malik Shabazz debate. It was about which way should we go under Trump..should we begin a revolution or should we go on a mass Exodus? Well, Cornel West didn't side with neither position (maybe he prefers we take whatever is thrown at us) and he kept forgetting the questions ppl asked him.

Although he's a great intellectual and very charismatic, you can tell he's slipping.