Who Wins The 2024 Copa América?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toussaint

Struggle, challenge, and rise to struggle again
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Btw if y’all want to see how far soccer has come in this country look watch this. ABC Nightline and Ted Koppel takes 10 minutes to explain the rules to the American audience before the 94 World Cup :russ:

“This is a corner kick…” :skip:

Them 94 kits though. :wow:Hope we bring em back for 2026

Toussaint

Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No. One player was unattached.
“Unattached” :laff:So you mean Semi-pro like I said :mjlol: Comparing a pro rel European system with a closed league playing on high school fields and giving their salary away. fukk outta here goofy. I’m sure you got a sister to honor kill for showing ass cheek or some shyt.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
“Unattached” :laff:So you mean Semi-pro like I said :mjlol: Comparing a pro rel European system with a closed league playing on high school fields and giving their salary away. fukk outta here goofy. I’m sure you got a sister to honor kill for showing ass cheek or some shyt.
No breh, Mike Burns was unattached. He wasn't signed to anyone. The wiki feeds say that. :mjlol:

Again breh, you don't know what you are talking about.

Toussaint

Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No breh, Mike Burns was unattached. He wasn't signed to anyone. The wiki feeds say that. :mjlol:

Again breh, you don't know what you are talking about.
He was getting paid by the U.S. soccer federation. Do you know what that means stupid? He wasn’t a full time professional. What would that make him?

Sassy hoe. :umad:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
He was getting paid by the U.S. soccer federation.
Yes, because he couldn't get a pro contract with a professional club. The US women's team had a similar contract until clubs in Europe started taking the sport seriously in the tens and a few women leagues started up in the US. There is a reason why Mike Burns was unattached, but John Harkes was signed to Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County in England. :why:

Use your head, brehdrin.

Toussaint

Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yes, because he couldn't get a pro contract with a professional club. The US women's team had a similar contract until clubs in Europe started taking the sport seriously in the tens and a few women leagues started up in the US. There is a reason why Mike Burns was unattached, but John Harkes was signed to Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County in England. :why:

Use your head, brehdrin.
Still going this a$$hole :dead: . The U.S. women’s national soccer team players clubs were their University you fukking retard. No they weren’t professional

MIA HAMM, SOCCER

Named by ESPN as best female athlete of the past 40 years, she has two World Cup victories and two Olympic gold medals under her belt.

Her first job? Customer service rep.
"This was back in 1991, and I took the semester off from school at UNC-Chapel Hill to play for the women's World Cup. I started answering phones and taking orders for Eurosport, which is a soccer supply company. Now it's one of the biggest distributors in the world, but back then it was just five of us working in an old red barn."

"The hardest part of the job was telling people their orders weren't ready. Those were never fun conversations. At that point, I was already on the national team, but the callers had no idea who they were talking to."
"The pay was only around $8 an hour, but it helped me stay in my apartment and follow my dream of playing for the World Cup. I wasn't going to go to my parents and ask for money. I had to find a way to eat."

The greatest women’s soccer player of all time answering phones for $8 an hour so she can eat and pay for the World Cup because she’s a professional :mjlol:

I told you I’m with the shyts. Coming in here fukking up the thread being a sassy Qatari and got your ass beat :umad:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Still going this a$$hole :dead: . The U.S. women’s national soccer team players clubs were their University you fukking retard. No they weren’t professional

MIA HAMM, SOCCER

Named by ESPN as best female athlete of the past 40 years, she has two World Cup victories and two Olympic gold medals under her belt.

Her first job? Customer service rep.
"This was back in 1991, and I took the semester off from school at UNC-Chapel Hill to play for the women's World Cup. I started answering phones and taking orders for Eurosport, which is a soccer supply company. Now it's one of the biggest distributors in the world, but back then it was just five of us working in an old red barn."

"The hardest part of the job was telling people their orders weren't ready. Those were never fun conversations. At that point, I was already on the national team, but the callers had no idea who they were talking to."
"The pay was only around $8 an hour, but it helped me stay in my apartment and follow my dream of playing for the World Cup. I wasn't going to go to my parents and ask for money. I had to find a way to eat."

The greatest women’s soccer player of all time answering phones for $8 an hour so she can eat and pay for the World Cup because she’s a professional :mjlol:

I told you I’m with the shyts. Coming in here fukking up the thread being a sassy Qatari and got your ass beat :umad:
you're an idiot. :dead:

You don't know what you are talking about. :dead:

Toussaint

Daps
Reppin
Michigan
you're an idiot. :dead:

You don't know what you are talking about. :dead:
What’s this supposed to show retard? That the U.S. soccer federation after 2 world cups offered the women a contract of $5,000 a month :mjlol: What’s this got to do with a U.S. men’s team member in 1995 when the U.S. federation was literally threatening to not pay them?

Marcelo Balboa, DF, 1988-2000: We were at a good point where we needed to stand up for ourselves. If I remember back in the old days, a $5 per diem wasn't enough. We knew the value after the '94 World Cup and to leave our club teams, we knew we had to stand up. It's almost similar to what is going on with the women's national team now. We knew the money that was being made and for a big tournament like that, it needed to be distributed a little better.

Eric Wynalda, FW, 1990-2000: We got on the airplane, on our way down to Uruguay, and we were flying to Buenos Aires. The federation gave us an offer. They had a meeting and decided they were going to alter the contract. The contract would pay the players incrementally on how many times they had played for their country. If you were between zero and 10, you would be paid nothing. Kasey Keller fell into that category.

This is one of the reasons why we felt this was unfair. If you were between 10 and 25 you would get paid $500, 26 to 50 you got $1,000. The number went up to $5,000 if you were higher than 50. There were several of us that fell into that category but we felt that would divide the team. So John Harkes called a captain's meeting in the back of the airplane and when we hit the ground, we informed our coach that we wouldn't practice or play until this was resolved.

You think Mike Burns was under heavy contract with the USA when they didn’t want to pay Kasey Keller you stupid b*stard :laff:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I hope y'all do a better job two years from now for the World Cup because this is the wackest Copa America since the one in Perú twenty years ago :picard:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I hope y'all do a better job two years from now for the World Cup because this is the wackest Copa America since the one in Perú twenty years ago :picard:

I can't imagine the 26 WC being better considering the US is way behind with visa application and on top of that that you know it'll be harder for West Indians, Africans, & Middle Easterners to get visas than their European counterparts. The price point doesn't help either

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I can't imagine the 26 WC being better considering the US is way behind with visa application and on top of that that you know it'll be harder for West Indians, Africans, & Middle Easterners to get visas than their European counterparts. The price point doesn't help either
It's :snoop: why the fukk y'all even want to host these tournaments anyways? :why: The Olympics I understand but the straight up lazyness involving this tournament is embarrassing for a 1st world country.

And sure, Conmebol is shady as fukk. You show them money and they'll salivate all over it. The fact we can't even get the games unless we pay for wack ass DirecTV, while at the same time ESPN is showing every single Eurocup game for "free" tells it all. But why the U.S even went to the all trouble that it means to pay every Conmebol executive to host a 2nd Copa América in 8 years is :what:

Last edited: