• Poll closed .

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Colombia home game
And this is why I think we’ll be seeing at least 1 Copa being hosted in US every decade moving forward. Even an Ecuador vs Venezuela GS match in San Fran is bringing in 30K attendance.

This Colombia match looks north of 60K.

Once they get the actual scheduling down pat, they’ll make a killing.

Eg Focus on the key markets where you have a large Latin American diaspora and schedule games there. So Florida, the Southwest, Northeast etc
I think the US will do good but I'm definitely a little concerned. At least this has been a trial run. Whats been the issue from your point of view? Attendance? Turf?
The US will do fine. FIFA holds a higher standard on things like pitch quality so that won’t be an issue. Many stadiums will be laying grass in time for the tournament. The reformatted Club world cup is also next summer so the US has another tournament to get ready.

Attendance will be booming because at the end of the day, it’s the WC. People will attend just because. I mean this Colombia game looks like it’s packing out nrg Stadium.

If there’s one nation that knows how to do big sporting events well, it’s the US.

It might not go so well for tourists but they will not have a problem selling tickets.

The big issue will be the internal travel required to attend the games. Realistically, you could host all of the WC in the NE corridor from DC to Boston. Games are very accessible by train or buses along I-95. The issue is the US is so big that having a WC in the US and not hitting Florida, Texas, Cali etc just seems odd.

From a commercial standpoint, FIFA finna cash out

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Yeah they did. They filled this entire stadium. I think only New York and Miami metro areas have more Colombians than Houston in the US.

Copa America will be hosted in the US again in the near future. Too much money to be made and I’m sure the players don’t mind it as well. It’s a bit of a summer holiday in the US and they already play WCQ back in South America.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Copa America will be hosted in the US again in the near future. Too much money to be made and I’m sure the players don’t mind it as well. It’s a bit of a summer holiday in the US and they already play WCQ back in South America.

Better up that grass quality then

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Brazilians are out here deep AF at SOFI
full