Cokeboy 2.0 Is Following WCW’s Demise Step by Step: Gave Sasha/Mercedes Creative Control

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
:mjcry:

Would be fire though. Her and Jade would’ve been two actually interesting feuds but instead

- Booked her vs Willow who’s a lower midcarder.

- Now feuding with some random woman nobody knows.

- Completely ducking Toni Storm which is the one actual money feud they may have in the womens division right now.

:ld:

her vs Willow and Vaquer actually makes sense though cause they following up on that NJPW show when she got injured and Willow won the title, it was a mini tournament and she beat Vaquer earlier in the show

who she feuds with next is though is the question :lupe: fukkery definitely gon be afoot

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Bryan Danielson is in a literal tournament for a World Title shot and just said in a Sports Illustrated article:

“I don’t want to be in that [world champion] position–I don’t feel like that’s my position anymore,” said Danielson.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
She's likely going to win the NJPW title at the PPV and then do a feud in Japan and bring the TBS belt with her and advertise AEW over there. People forget that AEW isn't just on in the United States either. They have media deals and proposed media deals all over the world.

She's also said she is going to Mexico for a match.

Bigger the company grows globally, the better. I know he not a favorite or anything but Jericho has history in Mexico and is a known name so I can see why they had him over there recently. The international fans know these former wwe stars so using them to help get the company exposure overseas helps. Why you think they sent bcc with Daniel Bryan, Ambrose, and Cesaro over to Mexico instead of like the bucks? They know who can get them that international exposure and it's the ones that have the marquee name behind them.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This is the issue tho. I don't know if fans are familiar with the concept of forbidden door or what. A lot of fans have that close minded US only mentality. When look at how much female talent has come from overseas. Toni Storm and Rhea from Australia, plenty from UK, from all over. At one point every wrestler was a random. The international ones can wrestle just as good if not better than the American ones.

I'll even ask this. Before her appearance at the rumble, how many wwe fans were fans of or even familiar with Jordynne Grace? And even now with the whole NXT and TNA partnership, she the only one that has made an appearance. But now people know who she is. That's what happens when companies work with others. The wrestlers may be unknown but they became known with exposure. Every wrestler is new to someone at some point in their career.

It helps the companies too... Like I said before, AEW has deals in other markets beyond the United States. It helps to have Mercedes going down to places like CMLL and interacting with the talent there. AEW needs all of the exposure they can get.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Bryan Danielson is in a literal tournament for a World Title shot and just said in a Sports Illustrated article:

“I don’t want to be in that [world champion] position–I don’t feel like that’s my position anymore,” said Danielson.

Would love to see him as champ like anyone else.

BD getting ready to retire tho and maybe he doesn't want the pressure or stress of being the champ. He more like let the others handle that and I'll enjoy life. I'm sure he would be doing all that media and everything like Mercedes is but he's more of the let me rest up for the next match and not go too crazy.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
This is the issue tho. I don't know if fans are familiar with the concept of forbidden door or what. A lot of fans have that close minded US only mentality. When look at how much female talent has come from overseas. Toni Storm and Rhea from Australia, plenty from UK, from all over. At one point every wrestler was a random. The international ones can wrestle just as good if not better than the American ones.

I'll even ask this. Before her appearance at the rumble, how many wwe fans were fans of or even familiar with Jordynne Grace? And even now with the whole NXT and TNA partnership, she the only one that has made an appearance. But now people know who she is. That's what happens when companies work with others. The wrestlers may be unknown but they became known with exposure. Every wrestler is new to someone at some point in their career.
I strongly disagree with that. Especially when it comes to the AEW fanbase.

There’s levels to it and these MFs are just random as fukk in the eyes of most. Vagher and Hoochicero are not Okada, Naito, Ospreay, Or even a Suzuki level name.

Jordynne grace got a nice pop. They brought her in instead of someone like *insert random tna woman* for that reason. Tony just grabs up whatever random MFs he can and puts them on his TV programs.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps

BD getting ready to retire tho and maybe he doesn't want the pressure or stress of being the champ. He more like let the others handle that and I'll enjoy life. I'm sure he would be doing all that media and everything like Mercedes is but he's more of the let me rest up for the next match and not go too crazy.

thats the point though. It shouldn't be up to him, ultimately there's a boss there who should be calling the shots best for business above all. I doubt Danielson would take his ball and go home if Tony said "Hey we're gonna put the world title on you for the summer"

Silkk

Daps
her vs Willow and Vaquer actually makes sense though cause they following up on that NJPW show when she got injured and Willow won the title, it was a mini tournament and she beat Vaquer earlier in the show

who she feuds with next is though is the question :lupe: fukkery definitely gon be afoot
It made sense but who actually gives a fucck about it?

MJF coming back for revenge on the Undisputed Kingdom makes sense but they dropped that shyt completely, Rightfully so probably.

Silkk

Daps

Who? :usure:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I strongly disagree with that. Especially when it comes to the AEW fanbase.

There’s levels to it and these MFs are just random as fukk in the eyes of most. Vagher and Hoochicero are not Okada, Naito, Ospreay, Or even a Suzuki level name.

Jordynne grace got a nice pop. They brought her in instead of someone like *insert random tna woman* for that reason. Tony just grabs up whatever random MFs he can and puts them on his TV programs.

the problem with Forbidden Door is what makes it a cool PPV/live spectacle for some is also what makes it absolute garbage week to week TV.

Lesser known foreign wrestler shows up with very little build up other than a small video package or Excalibur motormouthing the belts they've won, they challenge the AEW wrestler or vice versa, they do a staredown or cut a taped promo, they have the match (which the foreigner loses 80%+ of the time) and then they fukk off never to be seen again for another year

Why would a fan tuning in every week be invested in that? The ratings when foreign teams come play exhibition pre-season NBA games are garbage compared to regular season games. Why's that? Because people know that shyt doesn't count and that any player on the foreign team worth a shyt will eventually find their way to the big leagues anyways. Same thing with AEW, Jay White, Okada and Ospreay eventually made their way to the US. Why should I care about the people who stayed behind in Japan or Mexico?

if you told me some of these random Japanese or Mexican motherfukkers would stay around consistently for 6 more months as a regular part of the show and have storylines/cut promos/etc then you might get me somewhat interested in them

Last edited:

Silkk

Daps
the problem with Forbidden Door is what makes it a cool PPV/live spectacle for some is also what makes it absolute garbage week to week TV.

Lesser known foreign wrestler shows up with very little build up other than a small video package or Excalibur motormouthing the belts they've won, they challenge the AEW wrestler or vice versa, they do a staredown or cut a taped promo, they have the match (which the foreigner loses 70%+ of the time) and then they fukk off never to be seen again for another year

Why would a fan tuning in every week be invested in that? The ratings when foreign teams come play exhibition pre-season NBA games are garbage compared to regular season games. Why's that? Because people know that shyt doesn't count and that any player on the foreign team worth a shyt will eventually find their way to the big leagues anyways. Same thing with AEW, Jay White, Okada and Ospreay eventually made their way to the US. Why should I care about the people who stayed behind in Japan or Mexico?
Facts. I ordered the last however many FD shows but this one I got zero interest in for that very reason.

Okada & Jay White both in stupid ass multiman matches that should be tv main events instead of high profile singles matches that actually carry weight :unimpressed:

Silkk

Daps
I don't think its that comparable. The success of WCW hinged on what was happening with Hogan, win or lose. Whats happening with Mercedes doesn't matter isn't going to make or break AEW. The bulk of her value is in a “look we can sign former WWE stars not just their cast-offs.”
Exactly the point though.

They HAD TO give that shyt to Hogan because he actually changed business for the better for them.

Mercedes is no different than Saraya or Athena business wise :yeshrug:

The only comparable right now that could come into AEW that would rightfully deserve that would be Cena.

Although i’m not mad at him giving it to Mox, Jericho, or Punk at the time he did.

And should have let Cody keep his instead of taking away his booking power.