Cokeboy 2.0 Is Following WCW’s Demise Step by Step: Gave Sasha/Mercedes Creative Control

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
nothing wrong with them putting the belt on the biggest star in the division, what they should've done with Daniel Bryan when he hopped over
With Mercedes being a legit star, not to mention the amount of Mone TK probably paying her fine little ass, one can get the logic of giving her them belts even if they don’t like it
not to mention that the njpw strong womens championship was most likely gonna be hers if she hadn't got injured in the match vs willow. they just thought this event would be the right one to get the title on her. Willow won the tourney, Guilia beat her for the title shortly after last July, and then Vaquer got it back in March until Mercedes won it tonight. So who knows how long Mercedes would've had the title if she never got hurt. Vaquer is real good but doesn't have the drawing power, especially in the states, that Mercedes has.
This crossed my mind as well. Not to mention, might help put more butts in seats at NJPW Strong shows if Mercedes actually wrestles on those cards

With Britt back though, we’ll see how long Baby Girl has two belts :patrice: Not to mention she ain’t leaving AEW without winning the main women’s belt at some point

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
A woman paid more than any other female in pro wrestling right now should have creative control...

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Marks can’t be happy for a woman, a black woman, getting to develop her own character. Very few can say they have that, but the marks are furious. :skip:
This whole thread right now is dudes comparing a racist cac to a black woman having CC is wild

vv
Some variation of creative control was a must for her to sign, everyone knows WWE was/is ready to welcome her back with open arms. Snowman needed her, not the other way around.
:mjpls: what happened to Naomi when she came back.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
The fans booed mone throughout various times last night.

Other girl did a nice job as a cosplay Rhea Ripley.

I wonder how much of that was cuz of the NYC vs Boston beef. Don't know what type of reactions she got in NY when she was in WWE but don't think she was leaning into the Boston thing as much back then. There was fukk the Celtics and red sox chants so her city def played a part in the reason.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I wonder how much of that was cuz of the NYC vs Boston beef. Don't know what type of reactions she got in NY when she was in WWE but don't think she was leaning into the Boston thing as much back then. There was fukk the Celtics and red sox chants so her city def played a part in the reason.

That's exactly what it was. NY hates anyone who reps Boston hard and vice versa. Though, they went back and forth with Cena whether they loved him or hated him, Fans gonna be fickle no matter what.

What made me laugh this morning is I saw some crybabies on Twitter talkin bout "she's already using creative control!" and they don't even realize that

1. The NJPW Strong Women's Championship she would have zero control over
2. That title was literally designed for Mercedes to carry before she got hurt. Lol

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
With Mercedes being a legit star, not to mention the amount of Mone TK probably paying her fine little ass, one can get the logic of giving her them belts even if they don’t like it

This crossed my mind as well. Not to mention, might help put more butts in seats at NJPW Strong shows if Mercedes actually wrestles on those cards

With Britt back though, we’ll see how long Baby Girl has two belts :patrice: Not to mention she ain’t leaving AEW without winning the main women’s belt at some point

I don't know if I'll give Britt the belt tho. At least not at Wembley. Guess it depends on how much Mercedes can do to elevate the division until then. And then if the momentum is high, no reason to stop it.

Def agree that she could help njpw put more butts in seats. Not sure if they'll have her doing stuff thru the summer or if she'll mostly focus on All In buildup.

I'm not really familiar with njpw strong far as roster goes, but with everyone working together, I'm guessing it's wide open. Willow, Guilia, Vaquer, and Mone all the champs. Guilia left, and Willow i doubt, maybe Vaquer, but not sure who they have that could be a legit contender or draw a marquee match as close to Mercedes as possible. Maybe one of the stardom girls like Mina? Stephanie already has cmll titles so she prolly gonna focus on that company. Njpw will have to figure out the division to see how they can build up new stars.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
That's exactly what it was. NY hates anyone who reps Boston hard and vice versa. Though, they went back and forth with Cena whether they loved him or hated him, Fans gonna be fickle no matter what.

What made me laugh this morning is I saw some crybabies on Twitter talkin bout "she's already using creative control!" and they don't even realize that

1. The NJPW Strong Women's Championship she would have zero control over
2. That title was literally designed for Mercedes to carry before she got hurt. Lol
might be one of the reasons Cena had so much heat at one night stand

Last edited: