Cokeboy 2.0 Is Following WCW’s Demise Step by Step: Gave Sasha/Mercedes Creative Control

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
A choice has to be made.

Fans: we want TK to get help with the booking.

Wrestler: I have control over my booking.

Fans: no not like that.

I don't know how TK does things vs Triple H but look at the issues lately with Triple H. Issues with mvp and hurt business, fumbling dijak and losing ricochet, even saw dakota was complaining about not getting a singles push. But giving your wrestlers some creative control and input on who they are and what they do is good for morale. Obviously the head booker gonna make most of the decisions but this helps instill confidence in the talent.
HHH has writers/a booking committee.

There has NEVER been an instance where a wrestler doing the booking/having creative control was in the best interest of the company.

Dusty
Nash
Hogan
Jarrett in TNA
Etc.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
all jokes aside though..

Not letting WWE grab up Mercedes after snatching up CM Punk was hella crucial. The optics would have been nasty.

I say that to say, Tony had to give shorty everything she wanted man.. If shorty said she wanted the practice jersey Len Bias died in and 7 million dollars in pennies, hand counted...nikka had to make that shyt happen man. If creative control was what it took, so be it.

Imagine Sasha popping back up in WWE a month after Punk? yikes

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
thats exactly what shes about to do

She was just putting over Toni Storm and her creativity with her character in the clip I posted so I doubt she's getting involved in that right now though they should start something up at some point. She wasn't going to come in and start jobbing... that would have been the dumbest thing they could do.

Silkk

Daps
all jokes aside though..

Not letting WWE grab up Mercedes after snatching up CM Punk was hella crucial. The optics would have been nasty.

I say that to say, Tony had to give shorty everything she wanted man.. If shorty said she wanted the practice jersey Len Bias died in and 7 million dollars in pennies, hand counted...nikka had to make that shyt happen man. If creative control was what it took, so be it.

It’s been 3-4 months now….

What has she done for their business for her to deserve all that?

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
all jokes aside though..

the optics were more important for AEW than WWE when it came to her. The "big" free agents AEW signed (Okada and Ospreay) were guys who already wrestled there and were more renowned to AEW fans than WWE Fans. Getting Sasha was a bigger "get" in the sense of proving they can spend enough money to get someone that would be an asset to either company.

lets be real any big name that's gonna come from WWE over to AEW is gonna get to do exactly what they want creatively

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Inb4

But but Roman has his own creative :troll:

Roman Brock Rock Charlotte Becky & others control their own creative to an extent but they still had/have people writing for them

What Tony probably does is

Ok whatever you want Mercedes :ehh:

With no rhyme or reason

Her name is Jen Pepperman

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Also... you don't think that muthafukka Copeland can do what he wants? Lol.. He's out here bringing out Gangrel and shyt for his bloodbath matches... jumping off cages, breaking his body in half... :dead:

With Edge, I don't think it really matters to the rest of the roster, he's in his own universe. Mercedes will likely interact with everyone.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
It’s been 3-4 months now….

What has she done for their business for her to deserve all that?

in some instances, its almost less about what theyre doing for you and more about what they're not doing for someone else

:damn:

its petty but that's life.. there's NBA teams that would rather take back a bad return on a trade and quite literally hurt themselves long term versus take a (possibly) beneficial Lakers deal that in turn helps LA hang another banner

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
she'll be halfway there after this weekend :russ: but she's more worthy of having all the titles in those companies than anybody else there :manny:

Yeah def is cuz of how big her name is. I was trolling and meant the mens titles too :troll: But yeah I see your point.

I was thinking at times this week, it sounds crazy and highly unlikely but before all this media stuff was like what if Vaquer were to win. I was fifty fifty with this match and toni vs mina tho I'm more towards mercedes now but was like what if they had vaquer and mina win. Sounds crazy to have outsiders win those titles but who knows what they could have built off that. Maybe like a stardom or cmll invasion angle, who knows.

I think the great thing about Mercedes and AEW is the revolution she has promised when it comes to women's wrestling. Look at how there's 3 matches tonight and 4 tomorrow, and it's not just AEW wrestlers involved. It gives people the opportunity to see more of these talented women around the world. Having a big name like Mercedes def helps not only draw fans but that outside talent.

I don't know much about Vaquer but I don't think there are many on the roster that have the ability to create a high marquee match with her. Closest might be Toni as the champ but she has her program with Mina that's a great story cuz of Mariah already.

They gonna help showcase more of these international women in the future and give them that US exposure. Especially now with the relationship with Stardom strong. I don't think lot of that is possible without having a big name like Mercedes.

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
all i know is that Britt/Mercedes feud gon be real interesting :lupe:

watch it never happen on some Swerve/Keith Lee shyt cause both of em refuse to do the job :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
She was just putting over Toni Storm and her creativity with her character in the clip I posted so I doubt she's getting involved in that right now though they should start something up at some point. She wasn't going to come in and start jobbing... that would have been the dumbest thing they could do.
I just mean she's going to be doing a belt collector gimmick winning titles from different companies, aew, njpw/stardom, and im sure cmll is next

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yeah def is cuz of how big her name is. I was trolling and meant the mens titles too :troll: But yeah I see your point.

I was thinking at times this week, it sounds crazy and highly unlikely but before all this media stuff was like what if Vaquer were to win. I was fifty fifty with this match and toni vs mina tho I'm more towards mercedes now but was like what if they had vaquer and mina win. Sounds crazy to have outsiders win those titles but who knows what they could have built off that. Maybe like a stardom or cmll invasion angle, who knows.

I think the great thing about Mercedes and AEW is the revolution she has promised when it comes to women's wrestling. Look at how there's 3 matches tonight and 4 tomorrow, and it's not just AEW wrestlers involved. It gives people the opportunity to see more of these talented women around the world. Having a big name like Mercedes def helps not only draw fans but that outside talent.

I don't know much about Vaquer but I don't think there are many on the roster that have the ability to create a high marquee match with her. Closest might be Toni as the champ but she has her program with Mina that's a great story cuz of Mariah already.

They gonna help showcase more of these international women in the future and give them that US exposure. Especially now with the relationship with Stardom strong. I don't think lot of that is possible without having a big name like Mercedes.

You see it. And she's out there doing all of the media in New York for them. She's been on every radio station and they are now at 10,000 tickets sold for the show. She does well with media outlets... she doesn't make wrestling look lame or dumb like some performers would.

She's been doing well with every interview she's done. There's not many people in AEW that can do that for them.

That right there is an asset..

Silkk

Daps
in some instances, its almost less about what theyre doing for you and more about what they're not doing for someone else

:damn:

its petty but that's life.. there's NBA teams that would rather take back a bad return on a trade and quite literally hurt themselves long term versus take a (possibly) beneficial Lakers deal and help them hang another banner
That’s not the same lol

They’re doing the worst ratings & attendance in the company’s history. If she can’t help with that then what’s the point in giving her all of that vs letting her go back to WWE and deal with HHH’s :mjpls: booking

They did better business when Britt was on top. Those are facts :manny:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
We don't even know what she has control over to be worrying. A wrestler can say I want this music, this gear, this presentation, etc., and it won't even be related to the matches or anything like that. We just gotta relax and see what happens.