CNN Report: Disney+ needs a hit show badly

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
shyt is fukking hilarious

Disney will be fine and this is clearly a hit piece by Warner aka Time Warner aka AT&T aka "who will buy us next"

the Star Wars IP is enough for then to eat for a long time, just ask Baby Yoda/Grogu and they are eating very well off of that diluted ass Marvel Universe.

But at some point they gotta pivot towards some adult programming and get an Ozark style show under their belts that people go apeshyt over.

Ehhh I wouldn't be so sure about that. Those shows on Disney+ are rather expensive to produce which only increases the subscribers needed for the streaming service to be a hit. They're putting all of their eggs into the streaming service basket at the expense of everything else.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

They’re never gonna do this. Disney is for CHILDREN. Been that way ever since they came into existence..

You expecting them to release a NARCOS, OZARK type show which is nothing but violence, bad language and chicks gettin fukked?

:laff:

They cant even have a "Young Justice" type show or a "Harley Quinn" animated show on it.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Ehhh I wouldn't be so sure about that. Those shows on Disney+ are rather expensive to produce which only increases the subscribers needed for the streaming service to be a hit. They're putting all of their eggs into the streaming service basket at the expense of everything else.

the Mandalorian type shyt with the movie quality CGI is what’s costing them bread but the could do 4 sitcoms for what it costs to make the Mandalorian.

look at some bullshyt like Only Murders in the Building. That show was ehh but they got name brand talent and literally 80% of the production of that show was in one location. It can be done.

Compare that to The Morning Show (which fell off hard in season 2) and you can tell that they threw $$ at that show for a lackluster product.

There can be a healthy medium and the scripts are out there. But these streaming networks are basically all the same these days and need that killer feature to take things to the next level.

I think at some point there needs to be a “live” element thrown in the mix on some adult TRL type shyt where you go in the app and something is always on while you’re either navigating to a show or just want something “on” while you figure out what’s what it want background noise.

man fukk this, Disney+, y’all need to hire me.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Wait so because the popular shows are Marvel or Star Wars based that means they aren't a hit?

WTF kinda non-logic is that. :mjlol:

I understand Netflix churns out a lot of shyt and for some people they like always having something available, but me, I'm not gonna watch some trash just because there is a never ending pile of it. The only thing I watch on Netflix is that British baking show, because it's the perfect show to fold laundry to. :yeshrug:

They got builtin fanfare already. You can slap that sticker on anything and people gon flock.
Everything they putting out is something with an already built fanbase that's not making a hit. Thats expanding the brand.
Its all they can sell.
Its ok to admit that.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange

They’re never gonna do this. Disney is for CHILDREN. Been that way ever since they came into existence..

You expecting them to release a NARCOS, OZARK type show which is nothing but violence, bad language and chicks gettin fukked?

:laff:

Well hold on a minute. Was Scandal and How to Get Away with Murder for children? I'm not saying that they'll go full Ozark, but it's not above Disney to do mature content. I remember the controversy when they purchased ABC because of All My Children, One Life to Live and General Hospital on the air at that time. People saying how can they be this family company, but buy this network that has these shows with sex. Also, Pretty Woman and Summer of Sam are Disney movies. Now nothing too graphic will ever be on D+, but I do think once Hulu is totally theirs, there will be more mature Marvel and Lucasfilm content on Hulu, and the apps will have integration. Nothing like Narcos or Ozark, but more mature.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
@42 Monks came in here and shot the shyt out of the messenger :picard:

don't matter if it's CNN. Bloomberg will tell u the same thing. Shareholders aren't happy with the slowed rate of growth and that means that they have to get more content up that people WANT to sub for and stay around for..

They need hits. Every so often Netflix drops a Squid Game show or near that level and everyone hops on.. Man/Woman/Child.

Disney+ became too niche..

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
shyt is fukking hilarious
Disney will be fine and this is clearly a hit piece by Warner aka Time Warner aka AT&T aka "who will buy us next"

Dumb post. Disney shares down over 10% on the year. Netflix shares are up 30% on the year. AT&T sold Warner and they are a legacy company anyway. Disney supposed to show future growth and they haven't...

They need hits.