CNN Report: Disney+ needs a hit show badly

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
CNN in more trouble than Disney streaming :dead: the fukk kinda reporting is this :mjlol:

shyt is fukking hilarious

Disney will be fine and this is clearly a hit piece by Warner aka Time Warner aka AT&T aka "who will buy us next"

the Star Wars IP is enough for then to eat for a long time, just ask Baby Yoda/Grogu and they are eating very well off of that diluted ass Marvel Universe.

But at some point they gotta pivot towards some adult programming and get an Ozark style show under their belts that people go apeshyt over.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
There's stuff in the works.

The star wars and marvel products are big budget stuff delayed for the future with wack shyt like the eternals and black widow being thrown out first.

Knights of the old republic, mandalorian, Obi Wan series, X Men New animated series, she Hulk, moon knight, fantastic four, world of Wakanda are just some to name a few.

If anything, this is the best time to invest in more stocks. The streaming platform isn't going anywhere with the acquisition of FOX and ESPN.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I legit don't open Disney+ when there isn't a new season of a Marvel show or The Mandalorian. Haven't touched the app since the last ep of What If aired.
They need more (and better) original content so that there isn't a down time with Disney+ when nothing worth paying attention to is on the service.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Disney + has put out more hits recently than Prime, Hulu, Apple TV, HBO Max, and Netflix IMO.

If they can drop legit heat every 2-3 months I would enjoy it a lot better than the consistent flow of mediocrity that Netflix pumps out.

Dplus has 0 hits :heh:

All they have done is bank off already existing sheep like fanbases.
They have yet to make a non star wars or marvel show.
Its a good way to get people in the door but what development have they done since?
I know covid threw a monkey wrench into things but they should have something else in the playbook

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I've been telling people for months now that the end result this situation is going to be cable all over again :sas2:

I don't think people realize just how expensive it is operating a streaming service compared to putting your content on cable where you can easily use filler to save money. It gets mad expensive having to constantly create new content to justify the cost of streaming services and getting the numbers you need for it to be a success.

It's also why a lot of these streaming services are going to merge when it's all said and done with the end result being cablesque.

:francis: we're nearly there

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Mando and Loki felt like pretty big shows to me, you can’t have a hit running at all times lol. not even HBO can do that.
HBO maintains a pretty consistent rotation of their shows so that there is never a long period without at least 1 or 2 shows running at a given time.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Disney + is in a tough spot because Disney is really for kids. They bought Star Wars and Marvel but without those two they are just some Mickey Mouse shyt for kids..

The Obi Wan show aint coming until 2022..

I’m not fukking with Hawkeye and I love Marvel. I don’t care about that character at all. They may have jumped the gun on launching a streaming service they don’t have enough content
I agree that they rushed to have a streaming service without having enough original content to put out.
And considering Disney owns damn near everything they really should be pumping out far more stuff from the different IPs they control than what they've been doing.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HBO maintains a pretty consistent rotation of their shows so that there is never a long period without at least 1 or 2 shows running at a given time.
every show isn't a hit tho

there was a period where HBO was putting out some kinda mid shyt besides GOT, they only recently got back on their game somewhat.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
every show isn't a hit tho

there was a period where HBO was putting out some kinda mid shyt besides GOT, they only recently got back on their game somewhat.
No argument there but at least HBO churns out product regularly.
Disney+ goes through lags where there is nothing for a couple months time.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
this is big cap. what streaming service has a hit show every quarter. i agree they should have had more original shyt set up before they launched but theyve actually started pumping out stuff with marvel and star wars related things. they will need to eventually branch out but they'll be eating off of that for the foreseeable future. they've all been received well, cnn is just desperate for stories

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Dplus has 0 hits :heh:

All they have done is bank off already existing sheep like fanbases.
They have yet to make a non star wars or marvel show.
Its a good way to get people in the door but what development have they done since?
I know covid threw a monkey wrench into things but they should have something else in the playbook

Wait so because the popular shows are Marvel or Star Wars based that means they aren't a hit?

WTF kinda non-logic is that. :mjlol:

I understand Netflix churns out a lot of shyt and for some people they like always having something available, but me, I'm not gonna watch some trash just because there is a never ending pile of it. The only thing I watch on Netflix is that British baking show, because it's the perfect show to fold laundry to. :yeshrug:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
But at some point they gotta pivot towards some adult programming and get an Ozark style show under their belts that people go apeshyt over.
:mjlol:

They’re never gonna do this. Disney is for CHILDREN. Been that way ever since they came into existence..

You expecting them to release a NARCOS, OZARK type show which is nothing but violence, bad language and chicks gettin fukked?

:laff:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
shyt is fukking hilarious

Disney will be fine and this is clearly a hit piece by Warner aka Time Warner aka AT&T aka "who will buy us next"

the Star Wars IP is enough for then to eat for a long time, just ask Baby Yoda/Grogu and they are eating very well off of that diluted ass Marvel Universe.

CNN/Time warner is on some hater shyt
releasing this artcile when disney is announcing all their new shyt :mjgrin:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It's amazing that people are calling out CNN for this article when the first paragraph literally mentions that subscriber growth slowed in the first quarter :laff:

None of the shows that Disney put out are Stranger Thing level hits, which is what they need. They need a marquee show and franchise to be the face of their streaming service. They just don't have that right now.