CNN Report: Disney+ needs a hit show badly

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I've been telling people for months now that the end result this situation is going to be cable all over again :sas2:

I don't think people realize just how expensive it is operating a streaming service compared to putting your content on cable where you can easily use filler to save money. It gets mad expensive having to constantly create new content to justify the cost of streaming services and getting the numbers you need for it to be a success.

It's also why a lot of these streaming services are going to merge when it's all said and done with the end result being cablesque.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Mando and Loki felt like pretty big shows to me, you can’t have a hit running at all times lol. not even HBO can do that.

If you want your streaming service to succeed and drive subscribers, then you have no other choice but to. The more content your create, the more subscribers you'll need to help justify the costs.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Disney + has put out more hits recently than Prime, Hulu, Apple TV, HBO Max, and Netflix IMO.

If they can drop legit heat every 2-3 months I would enjoy it a lot better than the consistent flow of mediocrity that Netflix pumps out.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
They really only have Fox News to contend with and they're not chasing a rival that's running away with viewers and subscribers nor watching their backs for a fast rising upstart biting at their heels.
They have Youtube to contend with.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I always thought that one marvel or star wars show was not enough to catch up to Netflix
The lack of adult content was always going to hold them back
Netflix floods the streets with stuff and even if you think most of it is trash, they always make up for it with a Squid Game or Midnight Mass
I noticed they just announced a new Predator series or movie for Hulu. Let see if they start pushing Hulu more

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Disney + is in a tough spot because Disney is really for kids. They bought Star Wars and Marvel but without those two they are just some Mickey Mouse shyt for kids..

The Obi Wan show aint coming until 2022..

I’m not fukking with Hawkeye and I love Marvel. I don’t care about that character at all. They may have jumped the gun on launching a streaming service they don’t have enough content

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
These greedy as companies could be making bank creating shows and movie for just one service but they all want to be the big dog :russell: