CNN Report: Disney+ needs a hit show badly

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
If they really needed it as bad as the article said, why don't they just release some shows? They got like 10 of them in the works, probably at least 2 or 3 already wrapped.
if they in no rush, they must be doing all right.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Disney is bleeding subscribers. They need content to keep them year round, not just when a show comes back on. I have Disney+ and have had it since it's launch. I spend more on lunch in a day than I do per month with this service and it's still a waste of money. There is no redeeming factor for the service. The nostalgia that drew in many wore off quick and there just isn't anything else to keep your attention.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
this is big cap. what streaming service has a hit show every quarter. i agree they should have had more original shyt set up before they launched but theyve actually started pumping out stuff with marvel and star wars related things. they will need to eventually branch out but they'll be eating off of that for the foreseeable future. they've all been received well, cnn is just desperate for stories

You don't need a hit every quarter, but you do need something that's going to keep people tuned in.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If they really needed it as bad as the article said, why don't they just release some shows? They got like 10 of them in the works, probably at least 2 or 3 already wrapped.
if they in no rush, they must be doing all right.

All the Star Wars movies got scrapped or postponed. One of the Star Wars shows got cancelled because Gina Carano is Trumpset.

They do have Boba Fett coming and The Mandalorian Season 3 is filming.

Hawkeye is coming too.. but that's the thing.. is he gonna be able to gain subs??

On the movie side: Black Widow/Shang Chi/Eternals were varied levels of moderate success and disappointment.

Spider-Man 3 is mostly a Sony project..

So really the next huge event they have might be Doctor Strange 2. Everyone supposed to be in that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Thats the problem with streaming/subscription services you basically gotta be like netflix and constantly churn out low effort high quantity shyt,( even now they are turning out reality tv shows and low budget single camera comedies) or you take your time and put out high quality movies and shows and hope people stay subscribed.

I swear everytime i open up netflix i see a new season of the circle or too hot to handle from some foreign country on there

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
All the Star Wars movies got scrapped or postponed. One of the Star Wars shows got cancelled because Gina Carano is Trumpset.

They do have Boba Fett coming and The Mandalorian Season 3 is filming.

Hawkeye is coming too.. but that's the thing.. is he gonna be able to gain subs??

On the movie side: Black Widow/Shang Chi/Eternals were varied levels of moderate success and disappointment.

Spider-Man 3 is mostly a Sony project..

So really the next huge event they have might be Doctor Strange 2. Everyone supposed to be in that.
They also just released teaser trailers for She Hulk and Moon Knight.
They Secret Invasion and Iron Wars or or whatever in the works too.
Like i said they got plenty of projects. they just for some reason don't want them overlap and give each one it's own time in the spotlight.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Thats the problem with streaming/subscription services you basically gotta be like netflix and constantly churn out low effort high quantity shyt,( even now they are turning out reality tv shows and low budget single camera comedies) or you take your time and put out high quality movies and shows and hope people stay subscribed.

They aren't blowing up their budgets to produce those shows though, whereas Disney is literally blowing budgets on the Star Wars and Marvel IPs hoping that it will help drive subscribers. Even then, some of those diamond in the rough shows become major hits a la Tiger King and Squid Games that were cheap to produce and became faces of that streaming service.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

I swear everytime i open up netflix i see a new season the circle from some foreign country on there

Netflix doesn't produce everything in house. They also buy up content. Some is mid and some is high grade. They spend billions on content every quarter and shareholders are rewarded with Netflix hitting or surpassing their sub projections.

That makes investors continue to ride the train because they've been rewarded time after time.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Netflix doesn't produce everything in house. They also buy up content. Some is mid and some is high grade. They spend billions on content every quarter and shareholders are rewarded with Netflix hitting or surpassing their sub projections.

That makes investors continue to ride the train because they've been rewarded time after time.

More times than not, it's cheaper to buy up content than to produce your own, which is what Disney is learning for themselves.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
i bet nobody in this thread counters my points.. Give it a try @humminbird :mjlol:
You bring up good points:skip:
the problem is that disney+ spoiled Wallstreet in 2020 with heir numbers
they didn't predict 100m subscribers until 2024 and reached that goal in 1 year(covid contributed to that) and so now wall street is expecting them to get that same growth year over year
the only way Disney could've done that is by the same day and date release with their films and have a 2 live action MCU shows/star war shows every quarter this year which is impossible because of the production issues
Netflix has always been touted as an overvalued company and it moves like a tech stock. Disney has always moved slowly until very recently and they've been higher than they were pre-covid
Disney has more future growth because disney + has the potential to be the next Disneyland for them. we're just seeing the growing pains of the product
Long disney and Long netflix. I think they're both excellent companies for different reasons

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They also just released teaser trailers for She Hulk and Moon Knight.
They Secret Invasion and Iron Wars or or whatever in the works too.
Like i said they got plenty of projects. they just for some reason don't want them overlap and give each one it's own time in the spotlight.

Because they don't have enough. They are spaced out because there's not enough content... They need content to overlap some so there's no lag.

i said it years ago... X-Men is a gold mine. They are taking too long to get that up and going especially since this phase not hittin..