CNN Report: Disney+ needs a hit show badly

calh45

Cal
Daps

Every media outlet with a writer had 1000s of words telling us Netflix was over when D+ dropped. I didn't know anyone outside of comic stans, hipsters, and parents drunk on nostalgia buying it meanwhile Netflix been in make another Hov mode since last summer. Even if they're not making monster ass movies and shows they're making watchable shyt. Red Notice wasn't John Wick, but I liked watching it. Squid game took over the planet and every anime loving human being on the planet is gonna watch Cowboy Bebop.

They relied on the universe building strategy too much.

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They need to get back those Marvel shows from Netflix, X-Men cartoon won't be out for 2 years.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
oprah-winfrey-smh.gif

I know it's nice to be nostalgic but people won't be checking for that shyt like that

Dude, you don't get it. This reboot is going to shut everything down. It's going to do to Disney+ what MJ did to the record industry when Thriller dropped. People will be binging it all weekend, begging their friends to PM them a bootleg since they can't afford/won't buy the service (using weird phrases like "piss in my ass" and "punish the mudhole"). The government will have to start retraining cops because of all the riots that will ensue in the streets. Guys are going to start yelling "TRUDY!" when they're finished. This reboot is going to change everything. :troll:

It's not bedtime, @Zero. Wake up. :ufdup:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I have zero interest outside of Marvel content, they will eventually need to incorporate Hulu stuff and add more shows to that.

HBO Max is great for me, you got comics stuff, adult shows, cartoons, movies, etc.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
would've been smart to trim some of the fat off Hulu with them trash movies then add all the disney shyt progressively, but i dont think they can stomach ending Disney+ in its current version.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I've been telling people for months now that the end result this situation is going to be cable all over again :sas2:

I don't think people realize just how expensive it is operating a streaming service compared to putting your content on cable where you can easily use filler to save money. It gets mad expensive having to constantly create new content to justify the cost of streaming services and getting the numbers you need for it to be a success.

It's also why a lot of these streaming services are going to merge when it's all said and done with the end result being cablesque.
Except with streaming you can sub when services have shows you want and drop when they don't. There's far less friction there and dropping and coming back to cable.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Except with streaming you can sub when services have shows you want and drop when they don't. There's far less friction there and dropping and coming back to cable.

That's assuming that things aren't going to change as we move along towards this age of digital streaming and viewing. At some point, these streaming services are going to try and find ways to lock up customers long term and getting rid of the drop aspect side of things to help mask the numbers.

That's how it always goes.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think Disney is waiting until Comcast finally sells their Hulu shares to them before integrating Hulu in Disney plus
Comcast is a bytch though and is still mad about the fox deal so disney would have to wait until 2024 until comcast sells it based off their deal
This article explains it pretty well
Could Comcast Cash Out on Hulu Early? | The Motley Fool

once Hulu is integrated it’ll be a better app
Disney + Hulu would sell itself
I wonder how they would do the price and accounts though
Right now overseas has Disney + star and they love it

Damn,just reminded me im still paying for Disney Plus and not using it I think:wow:

This streaming networks would make a killing if they just got everybody on free trials,but made the cost like 5$,or something so small that people forget to cancel. Its easy to forget to cancel those smaller reoccuring charges.