Cm Punk getting ZERO FLACK for the ratings moonwalk during his reign blows my mind

I-Hate-You

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i dont think it was so much punk fans being fed up as much as punk haters tryna make noise constantly pointing out that he wasnt the last match on the card

in other words, punk fans tuned in and bought the ppv's while punk haters tried to clown his place on the card when in the end the winners were punk, his fans and WWE as the buyrates went up :ehh: :yeshrug:

that's a decent spin...and I'd expect no less.

but dudes were mad about that Cena/Big John built and headlined Over the Limit PPV. Until that buyrate bump was reported...then it was Punk/DBry! We did it brehs!

That's what's funnY he's blamed for ratings but not buys during his reign. He makes money and I'm sure wwe is happy with that .

that could work both ways. Yall don't want to blame him for the overall ratings decline, but want to give him credit for overall buyrate increases. Even for shows that weren't built around or headlined by him. Even when Vince makes it a point to go get a Rock or Brock when he wants to make sure his numbers don't tank for certain shows. Or when he books himself in a main event because he's pissed about Raw's performance...and delivers.

I'm sure Vince is enjoying the t-shirt money. I'm sure he did when Jeff Hardy sold a bunch of shirts and sleeves. Or when Rey Mysterio sold a bunch of shirts and masks. And I don't remember either of those dudes getting nearly as much praise for shyt like that.

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
A lot of those PPV buyrates are from shows where Punk fans were fed up with him not being the focal point of the builds, too. Of course, until the numbers came in. Then he drawing!

Props to the midcard for selling them shows. Good job, good effort.

Since he wasn't the main event & focal point then wasn't Punk the midcard :ohhh:

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
thats because theres clearly more shirts seen around of punks than there was of jeffs or reys, jeff and rey never had a dope shirt in their entire runs.. rey got the mask game on lock ill give him that..

i dont think a lot of people were pissed about cena/mr excitement headlining :manny: it was unfortunately expected seeing as how much they depend on cena as hes been the proven draw over a much longer period of time, thats why its important people buy HIAC to show vince theyll tune in even if that faq cena is nowhere on the card.. adults buy ppv's not kids, and cena/big johnny was not the match adults were buying the ppv for..

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's a decent spin...and I'd expect no less.

but dudes were mad about that Cena/Big John built and headlined Over the Limit PPV. Until that buyrate bump was reported...then it was Punk/DBry! We did it brehs!

that could work both ways. Yall don't want to blame him for the overall ratings decline, but want to give him credit for overall buyrate increases. Even for shows that weren't built around or headlined by him. Even when Vince makes it a point to go get a Rock or Brock when he wants to make sure his numbers don't tank for certain shows. Or when he books himself in a main event because he's pissed about Raw's performance...and delivers.

I'm sure Vince is enjoying the t-shirt money. I'm sure he did when Jeff Hardy sold a bunch of shirts and sleeves. Or when Rey Mysterio sold a bunch of shirts and masks. And I don't remember either of those dudes getting nearly as much praise for shyt like that.

Who brings up ratings and buys ??? Not me and not most punk fans it's Guys Trying to say he's a failure :pachaha:My point is do you think wwe thinks he's a failure ?? The guy outsold cena , had a story that crossed over to mainstream media which wwe loves , takes the position serious unlike orton hardy rey and always gets fan reactions . But on the same token either punks to Blame for ratings then he's the guy bringing up buy rates.
I think it's a combination of things . But you have people saying punks a failure and not a crossover star or whatever which clearly isnt true and he makes money those are things we can judge , the other stuff is subjective

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I think you guys are selling Punk short. He's brought in plenty of money to the E. Honestly, he's the biggest draw since Cena and DX. Not to mention PPV buys are up across the board his whole reign. Don't let the booking skew your outlook, the guys on a pretty big promotional run right now and the heel turn hasn't really curved it.

Mysterio and Ryder bring in alot of merch money...Punk was always decent on merch sales long before he hit this level but the last year was his next level but he's not breaking records of any sort and damn sure:laugh: hasn't had the long term impact Mysterio has had, no matter how many eastcoast cities boo the 619 set up. Crowd was hilariously quiet for him at Mania 28 too which this one guy behind me sticking up for the match when everyone was saying it was boring and they need to pick it up.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mysterio and Ryder bring in alot of merch money...Punk was always decent on merch sales long before he hit this level but the last year was his next level but he's now breaking records of any sort and damn sure:laugh: hasn't had the long term impact Mysterio has had, no matter how many eastcoast cities boo the 619 set up. Crowd was hilariously quiet for him at Mania 28 too which this one guy behind me sticking up for the match when everyone was saying it was boring and they need to pick it up.

Please stop bro. Your a knowledgeable poster but have zero objectively when it comes to punk man.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I'm the ONLY one that EVER had objectivity to Punk. Everyone else is just bandwagon posters that drop cats as soon as they get jobbed out or some shyt.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm the ONLY one that EVER had objectivity to Punk. Everyone else is just bandwagon posters that drop cats as soon as they get jobbed out or some shyt.

Well I give you that you aren't turning on him like some guys cause he's not a body builder or cause they for some reason care how much money Vince makes . And you actually support the product so that holds some more weight yhan guys coming in here just to hate and see fukkery . But you backhanded compliment him alot lol

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Not really. I can only tell the truth. I've seen the numbers, the ratings, and I have read his interviews about "changing things and putting asses in seats". That kind of shyt. He's a natural hypocrite too and that's been going in for over a year. He did alot of whining but had to flip flop to save face quite a few times. The stuff with the MMA guy...Chris Brown...trying to compare some made up match in his head of him and Austin against the Rock's return. All of that. He's funny on some subjects but puts his foot in his mouth on things that stem from jealousy or resentment in other cases.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
to be fair though, austin has also claimed himself that him vs punk would be the bigger match..

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yeah...these days. He didn't care much for any of that when Punk was talking over his head last year. And no matter what, from this point on, even if they did the match, it wouldn't carry the show with Rock being on there. He's the ONLY proven increaser of any profits in the 2000s on PPV next to Austin in 2001. If a PPV that has Austin vs Punk and Rock vs Taker on it at WM 30 were to happen, it wouldn't be Austin/Punk as the cause and effect for the buyrate. Everyone knows that. You could take the Rock off of Mania for 30 and see how that show does...good luck with that scenario.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not really. I can only tell the truth. I've seen the numbers, the ratings, and I have read his interviews about "changing things and putting asses in seats". That kind of shyt. He's a natural hypocrite too and that's been going in for over a year. He did alot of whining but had to flip flop to save face quite a few times. The stuff with the MMA guy...Chris Brown...trying to compare some made up match in his head of him and Austin against the Rock's return. All of that. He's funny on some subjects but puts his foot in his mouth on things that stem from jealousy or resentment in other cases.

:mindblown: so what you really saying is he talked shyt about the Rock . That's literally all you said :heh: Rock saying he's never leaving again is cool with you but punk talking about change is where you draw the line ? He did bring change he put the focus back on the title and off cena :upsetfavre:
Rock doesn't need another publicist you know that right ??
You ok with rock doing corny tours of towns to make fun of cena , and pandering to the crowd with a sing along ??

The Great One

Swag Surfin
Daps
thats because theres clearly more shirts seen around of punks than there was of jeffs or reys, jeff and rey never had a dope shirt in their entire runs.. rey got the mask game on lock ill give him that..
If you are talking merch sales, see below, if you are just saying Punk had a doper shirt, then that is your opinion.

Rey Mysterio has easily sold 10x more merch than Punk. And I mean I think 10x is LOW. And Jeff Hardy was number 2 or 3 (behind Cena and Rey) for like 5 years, he has also outsold Punk by 5x EASILY. And I literally mean easily. The shirts, the pendants, the arm sleeves, the hats, his action figures, hell they were even selling a Jeff Hardy MASK of his facepaint the last 6 months of his run before he quit.

Punk has had one year of merch sales, his other shirts sold NOTHING.
When have you EVER seen ANYONE in a WWE crowd rock these shirts?
http://i50.tinypic.com/35kv4i8.jpg
http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/28/d/AAAAAvboNroAAAAAACjdRw.jpg?v=1169703199000
http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/1195333/13111398/0/1276167736/CM_Punk_Salvation_T-Shirt.jpg

And this new yellow shirt, which Vince shytTED on national television, is nowhere to be seen in audiences in the last month.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
you misunderstood my post

but u trippin if u dont think the best in the world t shirt hasnt easily outsold any rey mysterio or jeff fukking hardy shirts, show me one rey or jeff shirt that sold more.. hell at least i can recall a couple of rey shirts, i cant recall what 1 jeff hardy shirt looks like..