Cm Punk getting ZERO FLACK for the ratings moonwalk during his reign blows my mind

Daps
dude if he attacked daniel bryan that's a heel turn right there, stop reaching like he "had to attack the rock" c'mon now. shyt, if he attacks aj, that's a heel turn.

Daniel Bryan who was still a douchebag heel at the time? He was feuding with him for two months prior so why exactly would the crowd boo him for attacking DB?

AJ? How often does a wrestler attack a female these days? The last one was Y2J hitting Shawn's wife in 08, Orton RKO Steph in 09, and Big Show accidentally pushing AJ earlier. Intergender attacks are pretty much a no-no these days.

If he GTS'd Cena that night it woulda been business as usual and a regular RAW. They were having a match that night. Who would've cared? the Rock swooping in and getting an automatic title shot at RR was the reason Punk attacked him. The logic was there.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Again so miz, del rio, Orton , sheamus last wwe title reign did better business ?? and we're more memorable ? You guys saying this but based off what ?
Who should have the belt cena ? What heel beside punk is even over , Vickie ?

So we attribute all the ratings to punk ? I guess he should transcend mnf ,?
Show me were cena as champ was outrating football

Summer slam , noc , mitb wrestlemania show ppv growth I guess since punks champ he should get the credit right ??:lawd: cause he's getting all the blame
You think Vince looks at the ratings and says wow punk gained viewers while shame vs Barrett lost viewers punks a failure ???
@R=G you can't compare the 10 pm of a 2 hour show to 3 hour show. But even with that comparison if the breakdown shows the segment before punk lost viewers how is that punks fault
Ryback who some people want to win isn't gaining any viewers but punks a disappOintment?

Unify the belts, D Bryan could have stayed champ or beat Punk for his title. Sooner or later Punk will lose the title and odds are it will be to Cena but people don't seem to ant that, but what other choices are there for a good feud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Daniel Bryan who was still a douchebag heel at the time? He was feuding with him for two months prior so why exactly would the crowd boo him for attacking DB?

AJ? How often does a wrestler attack a female these days? The last one was Y2J hitting Shawn's wife in 08, Orton RKO Steph in 09, and Big Show accidentally pushing AJ earlier. Intergender attacks are pretty much a no-no these days.

If he GTS'd Cena that night it woulda been business as usual and a regular RAW. They were having a match that night. Who would've cared? the Rock swooping in and getting an automatic title shot at RR was the reason Punk attacked him. The logic was there.
:ufdup: .. u know damn well these fools aint tryna hear anything logical

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Even after the heel turn, he was fishing for cheers and trying to be a cute type of heel that gets heel pops and that kind of shyt. When Heyman came out, he started insulting and sounding like a heel for the first time in awhile. They could of EASILY did a double turn with Bryan. It was no big deal.

Look at how things are today...Bryan is a tweener and he sells the most merchandise and the crowd comes alive for him more than anyone except Vickie.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course I can compare it. Thats the new standard. The 10pm use to be a winning hour. EVEN if the 3 hour format was not accepted by the mass at large, they could always go back to their OWN personal range of things and watch the two hours they're used to and by that account, the 10pm hour should still be a winner instead of losing viewers by the month now. shyt has been a complete joke since Raw 1000. McMahon segments saved some shows from being ALL TIME 1995 disaster levels on the rating historys records recently but that is as far as it goes. There are no memorable promos or anything. Bryan had the arena red hot with "This is Awesome" chants but even that wasn't enough to turn the tide for the everyday viewer.

When AJ stole the spotlight after Over the Limit, she had the entire crowd chanting for her and popping big when she pushed Punk through that table. Show went off to her on the second rope and the crowd going "YES! YES! YES!" with her.

So are you saying punk isn't bringing in viewers when he closes the show ? Or his segments don't ? Either way is false ,who's responsible for the increased ppv buys? Why did dbry and ryback not gain viewers ?
Your all over the place with your bias against punk . Show me punk bringing down ratings ? You say punks made no impact his mitb response is nothing his merch sales are nothing , then you want the even more unproven dbry to headline everything

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even after the heel turn, he was fishing for cheers and trying to be a cute type of heel that gets heel pops and that kind of shyt. When Heyman came out, he started insulting and sounding like a heel for the first time in awhile. They could of EASILY did a double turn with Bryan. It was no big deal.

Look at how things are today...Bryan is a tweener and he sells the most merchandise and the crowd comes alive for him more than anyone except Vickie.

Show me this merch list you keep quoting :whoa: this is like the 1000 time you said this yet where is the rating spikes when he's out he's on the show more than punk already .
He was not fishing for anything why do you make stuff up ? He's the same he been since he attacked rock , now he whines more and has heyman.
He beat up king to get a pop :aicmon: you can't believe this stuff

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I don't give a fukk about any rating spikes..that's all Vince McMahon and gimmick champion vs champion matches. Alone..Punk has never drew no damn AJ Lee type increase or anything. If he did, they woudn't have brought Cena back while his shoulder was completely fukked up and he performing one arm shots to the ribs.

Show me this merch list you keep quoting
WWEShop - WWE Wrestling Superstar Merchandise, WWE Clothes, Action Figures & More

He was not fishing for anything why do you make stuff up ? He's the same he been since he attacked rock , now he whines more and has heyman.

He's the same? Did you watch Raw 1000? He was hiding and ducking when Cena got laid out and then he went for cheap pins. Earlier that night, face to face with the Rock, he didn't do a damn thing but attacked him at the end of the show when his back was turneed. That's not the same. That's a insecure heel who then used double talk justification when it was all said and done.

Now of course I dont expect some midget Shawn Michaels worshipping homosexual from little New Jersey to get the gist of that..that's to be expected but common sense should prevail for everyone else.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
So are you saying punk isn't bringing in viewers when he closes the show ? Or his segments don't ? Either way is false ,who's responsible for the increased ppv buys? Why did dbry and ryback not gain viewers ?
Your all over the place with your bias against punk . Show me punk bringing down ratings ? You say punks made no impact his mitb response is nothing his merch sales are nothing , then you want the even more unproven dbry to headline everything

When the fukk has CM Punk ever brought in huge viewers except for this last week? LOL. The McMahon stuff was all him. Punk has been all over shows for weeks and months to huge comical viewer losses. He hasn't been getting no 800k increases on a regular basis. He never has.

Unproven D Bry? If anything was taken from the weekend of WM 28, since I was there LIVE and on the Raw the next night, is that Daniel Bryan is anything but unproven. He loses and loses and loses but he's bigger than anyone in the WWE. They've been chanting that shyt at baseball games, media outlets, and other sports venues. When it got popular, that little Sanchez garbage monger ALL OF A SUDDEN want a piece of the pie. Yeah right:laugh: Bryan is the MVP of pro wrestling in 2012 and it's not even close.

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
yo why the cm punk riders getting so angry? all they can do is blame vince and booking. they wanna talk about logic, no one even disputed i-hate-you's and cobatron's money posts. they just try to discredit anyone talking bad about their hero.

grow up. the facts are the facts, he's just not that good. he's good, but he's not that good. they gave him a year run, they gave him attitude era rub and yet he's still the same old boring schtick every week. no innovation, no creativity. the man the internet place their faith in. meanwhile daniel bryan continues to evolve and prevail based on the circumstances AND BAD BOOKING.

im done with yous. just don't say the people in this thread didn't warn you.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
yo why the cm punk riders getting so angry? all they can do is blame vince and booking. they wanna talk about logic, no one even disputed i-hate-you's and cobatron's money posts. they just try to discredit anyone talking bad about their hero.

grow up. the facts are the facts, he's just not that good. he's good, but he's not that good. they gave him a year run, they gave him attitude era rub and yet he's still the same old boring schtick every week. no innovation, no creativity. the man the internet place their faith in. meanwhile daniel bryan continues to evolve and prevail based on the circumstances AND BAD BOOKING.

You should've been done before you started. I find it insulting when someone chooses to have strong, vocal opinions on subjects on which they possess little to no knowledge. From your suggestions in here, it seems like you haven't watched WWE in some time. Thats fine, its mostly terrible (Edge's segment with Hell No last month was godawful), but you don't even know whats going on, so why try to disagree with people that do?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Warned us about what ?? You realize you can like dbry and punk right ? Punk does the same thing every week huh ? Smh at your hate , his merch sales , ppv increases and rating bumps speak otherwise . He's outselling cena still why is that ??

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Hes not solely responsible for any rating bump:laugh:

Dont make me start posting these Observers again where they shyt all over the numbers his segments have done without Rock/Vince/AJ.

thevarangian

complete mark
Daps
Ratings have been in a downward trend for years. Punk is a rare shining star circling a terrible black hole. Regardless of how bright he shines, the end is inevitable.

It's like how people blame Obama for the economy being in the shytter.