Clyde Drexler's career and resume is looking pretty good compared to these guards who will retire ringless journeymen

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
What success did Drexler have? He won a ring with a team who won a ring the previous season. People crucify KD for joining a team that LOST in the finals the previous year.
He won the western conference three times, twice as the overwhelming #1 option and team leader, and won a title..nothing the other players listed have done.

If you're comparing him to Kevin Durant what does that tell you...

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

D WILL HAD TO GET
MULTIPLE ANKLE SURGERIES.

HIS BODY WAS DONE.

NEXT YOURE GONNA
TELL ME ROSE WAS NEVER BETTER
THAN CP3 BECAUSE HE TORE HIS ACL.

LIKE I SAID CP3 HAS LONGEVITY
ON HIS SIDE.

:devil:
:evil:

I hear you but at some point you gotta start recognizing that longevity has to be apart of this conversation

If we both in the desert in the hot sun and you fall out but I keep going that means I’m stronger

I outlasted you :pachaha:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You keep talking about rankings. We're talking about performance and results. Quit ignoring his failures.
I’m talking about All NBA teams, yearly MVP voting, etc.

Williams was able to back Paul in the post, but he was not considered better.

And Clyde Drexler isn’t better than most of the two guards after Him.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'll just let this explain it, pulled from Reddit, but these are opinions I've held for years about West and posters can attest I've said as much for a long time:

He was a lead guard, in contrast to an off-guard.

The distinction of point/shooting is one way of simplistically dividing duties, but the lead/off distinction has a long history as well. West typically both his team’s lead passer and the primary guard scorer, and when a player is both, this is called a “lead guard”.

In today’s game this is actually pretty typical and more often than not gets called “point guard”, but if the player is larger sometimes other terms get used.

If West happened to play with a smaller guard, he might get called a shooting guard today, but that would not change what his job on the court was.

Neither Ray nor Reggie were better players than Clyde. Neither of those guys were #2s on championship teams and all had burn as #1s but only Glide took teams to The Finals as a #1. This is to say nothing of the fact that Glide was twice a Top 5 MVP finalist, including a runner-up---->neither Ray nor Reggie were ever in legit MVP discussion...

Pierce also wasn't better than Glide. Glide led 3 WCF runs as a #1, he was just a better scorer and first option to have than Pierce as your #1...

Bruh are you being dense on purpose?

In Rd1 vs Chicago, Shaq averaged 20-11, including a 30-20-5 game in the closeout G6. No washed C is giving you 30 and 20...

In the ECF vs Detroit Shaq was 22-11, including 28-16 in the closeout G6 that sent Miami to its first NBA Finals. No washed C is giving you 28-16 to clinch a Finals trip...

To be clear, my point is not that Shaq was LA Shaq, if you saw me say that quote it. My point isnt even that he wasnt a declining player---->he clearly was...

But saying Shaq was washed when he got to Miami is objectively false, he was runner-up for MVP and Miami's best player his first season and got them to an ECF, and in his second year he was still 20-9 in the regular season, and 18-10 in the playoffs. He wasn't at his peak and was definitely at the end of his prime but post-prime guys don't finish Top 2 in MVP, and post-prime guys arent posting 30-20 and 28-16 games in elimination playoff games...

Calling Shaq washed when he arrived in Miami undermines how critical he was to fulfilling championship goals for a team with no championship background. As others have pointed out, he was still the best player at his position in basketball, the mistake you're making is comparing Miami Shaq to LA Shaq and expecting the same level of production...

Nobody thinks he was LA Shaq...

MVP does matter, bruh. It's not the only thing that matters but it's relevant, as is how often you are a legit MVP candidate...

That said you could make the argument that Russ and Nash are both better than Glide, just like you can make the argument Glide is better than both. There is no dramatic separation between those three guys on a historical scale...
It's combo guard, and they've always been seen more as SGs than PGs.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He won the western conference three times, twice as the overwhelming #1 option and team leader, and won a title..nothing the other players listed have done.

If you're comparing him to Kevin Durant what does that tell you...
Is Jimmy Butler better than Harden, George, Paul, Westbrook, etc,? He's won the east twice as the best player on his team, but I don't think most consider him a top 25 player. Sohh if next season he goes to the Nuggets and they repeat, do we praise him like yall doing Drexler or do we hate him like yall did KD?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Is Jimmy Butler better than Harden, George, Paul, Westbrook, etc,? He's won the east twice as the best player on his team, but I don't think most consider him a top 25 player. Sohh if next season he goes to the Nuggets and they repeat, do we praise him like yall doing Drexler or do we hate him like yall did KD?
Yes. Especially Westbrook, george, and imo harden. How you perform when it counts really matters.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I’m talking about All NBA teams, yearly MVP voting, etc.

Williams was able to back Paul in the post, but he was not considered better.

And Clyde Drexler isn’t better than most of the two guards after Him.
Oh so individual regular season single player awards, not performance and success on the court and winning...

Again, don't say these players didn't have the teams....it seems you just don't value success as much as you do "being good"

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Why wouldn't Clyde's game translate? You don't have to do all of those fancy moves when you can easily get to wherever you want on the court, which is what Glide did easily. What were his strengths? Finishing, slashing, strong, hang time and a solid midrange, defense, passing and rebounding. In this era, he'd probably be more like Westbrook, but the difference is that Clyde knew how to harness his athleticism.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Why wouldn't Clyde's game translate? You don't have to do all of those fancy moves when you can easily get to wherever you want on the court, which is what Glide did easily. What were his strengths? Finishing, slashing, strong, hang time and a solid midrange, defense, passing and rebounding. In this era, he'd probably be more like Westbrook, but the difference is that Clyde knew how to harness his athleticism.
Plus he clearly WOULD develop those many of those skills. If Russell Westbrook or harden were born in the 60s they're Dennis Johnson :manny:. And if Adrian dantley was born in 1984 he would be Carmelo Anthony. The game changes and ballers change along the way

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Oh so individual regular season single player awards, not performance and success on the court and winning...

Again, don't say these players didn't have the teams....it seems you just don't value success as much as you do "being good"
Deron Williams aint win shyt.