Clyde Drexler's career and resume is looking pretty good compared to these guards who will retire ringless journeymen

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
"10x all star, nba champion, 5x all nba, nba top 50 and 75, has achieved at every level, but he sucks because I don't like his shooting form" :heh:
No one said Drexler sucks except you and a few others.

He got passed by other multiple-time all-stars and all nba, top 75 of all time players, just like Drexler passed Sam Jones, David Thompson and George Gervin. That's what happens. :manny:

Last edited:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
He brings it back behind his head with adds to the inconsistency and also made a slower trigger. He kicks his feet too much which leads to more erratic shots from distance (which indeed was a problem for MJ too, and a reason MJ was never consistent from distance).

You ignored that he was 25.9% lifetime in the playoffs from the normal line. You ignored that he was 15.5% lifetime in the Finals and that's even counting one series with the short line. His shot was REALLY bad under pressure.

How do you explain that?

Are you co-signing the take of someone who says Drexler was superior to Kobe? :patrice:

IM NOT CO-SIGNING ANYTHING BUT THE TRUTH LIES IN THE MIDDLE

HES CLEARLY A TOP 5 SG ALL TIME AND WOULD EAT IN THIS ERA

U KEEP STICKIN TO SHOOTING .: LOOK AT WADE .. WORSE SHOOTER THAN DREXLER AND CONSIDERED A TOP 3 SG

ITS CRAZY TO ME THAT U A BLAZER FAN TRYNA TALK DREXLER DOWN

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
IM NOT CO-SIGNING ANYTHING BUT THE TRUTH LIES IN THE MIDDLE

HES CLEARLY A TOP 5 SG ALL TIME AND WOULD EAT IN THIS ERA

U KEEP STICKIN TO SHOOTING .: LOOK AT WADE .. WORSE SHOOTER THAN DREXLER AND CONSIDERED A TOP 3 SG

Debating shooting form for players who have had success in the NBA is nonsense in the first place. For college or prospects yes, but if you're getting buckets who cares, word to Shawn Marion.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Don't know how you decided Wade was worse than Drexler. Wade 34% lifetime from three in the playoffs, Drexler just 26% (from the real line). And Wade had good form with a moderately consistent midrange, while Drexler's midrange abandoned him in the heat too.

Wade also had far better handles and moves, and was a smarter player, so he could break down the zone and modern defences better than Drexler.

Gotta be real. I take about players based on how they played, not whether they played for my team. There are other Blazers (pre-injury Brandon Roy or pre-injury Sabonis) that you'll only see me hype.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Debating shooting form for players who have had success in the NBA is nonsense in the first place. For college or prospects yes, but if you're getting buckets who cares,

Career 26% from three in the playoffs on the normal line.

Career 15.5% from three in the Finals.

That's why you should care. Everyone with bad form craters under defensive and mental pressure.

word to Shawn Marion.

Career 31.8% from 3pt in the playoffs. (on few attempts)

Career 30.8% from 16-23 in the playoffs.

Career 30.3% from 10-16 in the playoffs.

You're proving my point for me. Over his career, Marion was an AWFUL jump shooter under playoff pressure.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Don't know how you decided Wade was worse than Drexler. Wade 34% lifetime from three in the playoffs, Drexler just 26% (from the real line). And Wade had good form with a moderately consistent midrange, while Drexler's midrange abandoned him in the heat too.

Wade also had far better handles and moves, and was a smarter player, so he could break down the zone and modern defences better than Drexler.

Gotta be real. I take about players based on how they played, not whether they played for my team. There are other Blazers (pre-injury Brandon Roy or pre-injury Sabonis) that you'll only see me hype.

LOL ALRIGHT BRUH .. U LOVE CHERRY PICKIN

CAREER WISE

DREXLER = 32% FROM THREE

WADE = 29% FROM THREE

AND DREXLER WAS ACTUALLY GOOD FROM MIDRANGE .. MUCH BETTER THAN LEBRON

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
LOL ALRIGHT BRUH .. U LOVE CHERRY PICKIN

CAREER WISE

DREXLER = 32% FROM THREE

WADE = 29% FROM THREE

I don't cherry-pick, short-line threes from 95-97 are always different from regular threes so you have to put those to the side, I'm consistent on that. And I ALWAYS consider playoff #'s to be more meaningful than regular season, especially when you're talking 1990s and earlier when the three-point shot wasn't even guarded in the regular season unless you were in the clutch or named Reggie Miller.

AND DREXLER WAS ACTUALLY GOOD FROM MIDRANGE .. MUCH BETTER THAN LEBRON

Drexler had the exact same inconsistencies from midrange that he did from 3pt. He was streaky as hell and missed a lot more than he made, especially in tight situations. Did you watch that 4 minute clip of Drexler scoring on MJ? Four minutes of scoring highlights, and yet there were only two midrange jumpers in the entire clip.

We don't have stats from most of Drexler's career, but the only years we do have (97 and 98), he actually shot worse from midrange than LeBron's career averages. It's too small a sample size to determine much from, but I'd bet anything his earlier seasons were worse, not better, cause in general he shot better in Houston when he had the pressure off of him than he had previously in Portland.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Career 26% from three in the playoffs on the normal line.

Career 15.5% from three in the Finals.

That's why you should care. Everyone with bad form craters under defensive and mental pressure.

Career 31.8% from 3pt in the playoffs. (on few attempts)

Career 30.8% from 16-23 in the playoffs.

Career 30.3% from 10-16 in the playoffs.

You're proving my point for me. Over his career, Marion was an AWFUL jump shooter under playoff pressure.

I don't cherry-pick, short-line threes from 95-97 are always different from regular threes so you have to put those to the side, I'm consistent on that. And I ALWAYS consider playoff #'s to be more meaningful than regular season, especially when you're talking 1990s and earlier when the three-point shot wasn't even guarded in the regular season unless you were in the clutch or named Reggie Miller.

Drexler had the exact same inconsistencies from midrange that he did from 3pt. He was streaky as hell and missed a lot more than he made, especially in tight situations. Did you watch that 4 minute clip of Drexler scoring on MJ? Four minutes of scoring highlights, and yet there were only two midrange jumpers in the entire clip.

We don't have stats from most of Drexler's career, but the only years we do have (97 and 98), he actually shot worse from midrange than LeBron's career averages. It's too small a sample size to determine much from, but I'd bet anything his earlier seasons were worse, not better, cause in general he shot better in Houston when he had the pressure off of him than he had previously in Portland.
You keep talking about the pressure of the playoffs, playoff shooting %, playoff 3pt..

Where the wins at? Going back to my core point, do you view Clyde Drexler's career more impressive than Chris Paul, James Harden (you've agreed here), Paul George, or dame Lillard? It seems you value playoff performances by the numbers and not by the actual success. Taking 2 mid tier blazers teams to the finals and winning with the rockets and having them execute one of the most impressive turnaround and playoff runs ever cannot be undermined by 3pt % or shooting form.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
And my point is that Shawn Marion has a WOAT form but had a full NBA career so why does someone's form matter if it doesn't impede their path to success? Arguing shooting form for players who make all star games is crazy.

Because he shot like absolute dogshyt on jumpers in the playoffs. Just terrible, worse than Westbrook, worse than anyone. It was a really bad example to bring up.

The question was whether Drexler would be a good shooter in this era. My argument was no - his form was bad in a manner that would hamper it in any error. You're not showing what's wrong with that argument.

You keep talking about the pressure of the playoffs, playoff shooting %, playoff 3pt..

Where the wins at? Going back to my core point, do you view Clyde Drexler's career more impressive than Chris Paul, James Harden (you've agreed here), Paul George, or dame Lillard? It seems you value playoff performances by the numbers and not by the actual success. Taking 2 mid tier blazers teams to the finals and winning with the rockets and having them execute one of the most impressive turnaround and playoff runs ever cannot be undermined by 3pt % or shooting form.

Because arguing "wins!" or "rings!" without context is completely meaningless. It's why we don't have George MIkan in our top-10. It's why Scottie's 6 rings are viewed differently than Kobe's 5. It's why Jason Terry's title is viewed differently than Dwayne Wade's.

Every player has different teammates, different opponents, different circumstances. Just blindly discussing their wins doesn't mean anything if you ignore context. I'm not hyper-focused on numbers, I'm hyper-focused on how did they actually play?, and numbers are just one way of those that. Wins doesn't tell me anything about how they played. Derek Fisher is #2 in NBA history in playoff wins, does that tell you he's an elite playoff point guard, or do you need more context?

Daps

CP3 JUST HAS LONGEVITY
ON HIS SIDE...

AT THEIR PEAKS D-WILL
WAS BETTER THAN HIM,
THEN D-ROSE TOOK THE MANTLE,
THEN STEPH CURRY...

HE WAS NEVER CONSENSUS
BEST PG IN THE LEAGUE
BUT HES SUPPOSED TO BE
A TOP 4 PG OF ALL TIME?
:devil:
:evil:

D-will was never better than cp3 you can get all the way the fukk outta here with that

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
You the only nikka alive who thinks winning MVP means you have to be considered the best player in The League. Literally everybody else knows that isn't what it means, except you...

You're probably the only nikka in the world who thinks Pierce was better than Clyde, too šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£...

You did not watch Clyde Drexler play in real time. You base everything on what you can find on basketball reference. 30 year old Clyde Drexler isnt winning a championship with 2008 celtics in place of Pierce. Whereas Pierce at Clydes age in HOU would still win easily playing next to Dream.

Clyde played with better players earlier in his career so he won more.