Clyde Drexler's career and resume is looking pretty good compared to these guards who will retire ringless journeymen

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I started watching the Blazers religiously in 1987, and probably saw more Clyde Drexler games in real time than anyone else here. Are you just going to ignore that and move the goalposts depending on who you're arguing with?
That's exactly what he's gonna do. Hip hop and sports, the only mediums where dudes act like if you weren't around for something you can't have an appreciation or knowledge for shyt before your time...

And I love how I've always been open that my sports awareness began in 1999 and dudes act like that was 2015 or something. It's 2023 abd dudes still act like '99 was 4 years ago instead if 24 years ago 🤣...

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I started watching the Blazers religiously in 1987, and probably saw more Clyde Drexler games in real time than anyone else here. Are you just going to ignore that and move the goalposts depending on who you're arguing with?
In my case, i’m not questioning your knowledge, we just view the game and this situation differently, and thats fine and great. To be clear.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

What goal post am i moving? I’ve never actually ranked or compared Drexler to the players listed in the OP. Aside from Dame, i wouldnt want any of those frauds on my team over Drexler.

But are you denying that @murksiderock talks from court-side perspective about players he never actually seen play? Using accolades & statistics without context to compare players is asinine.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
  • NBA champion (21ppg starter)
  • 3 NBA finals
  • 5x all NBA (consider the shooting guards of the era)
  • NCAA title game
  • 2 gold medals
Got to play with his homie Hakeem twice and go to title game/series both times. Led 2 blazer teams to the finals.

Would you rather have the career of Clyde drexler, or James harden, Chris Paul, dame Lillard, Paul George, etc (today's stars who ain't gonna do it almost certainly)

This is a top 10 shot in nba history for me. If not that, it's the greatest finger roll ever. You have to watch it multiple to really appreciate the skill