Citing the Anti DEI bill passed in Texas. The University of Texas fires 60 people from its staff

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
Earlier this year, some UT-Austin students said the university’s steps toward complying with the law already felt like an overcorrection. Since the law went into effect, the university has closed down the school’s beloved multicultural center and discontinued a scholarship program for undocumented students.

Hundreds of students gathered Tuesday evening in three different locations across campus to discuss the closure of the DCCE. At the start of one of the meetings, organizers asked students if they were in an organization that was affected by the decision.

Some attendees responded they were with Longhorn TIES, a group for students who identify as neurodivergent, RGV Familia, composed of students from the Rio Grande Valley, and Women in STEM.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Im not asking why or looking for excuses for inaction.. I'm asking what specifically is the Biden administrations plan to address what is happening to DEI and black folks while he is president right now? And if he is re-elected what is his plan to address this cause it will continue to happen and keep going on regardless of who wins in November. Black People are losing jobs and black history being stripped from schools while Biden is in office right now and Biden is sitting on his hands. Whats the plan?
The attack on equity programs has been in the works for years, on local,stare, and fed levels.
State legislatures are voting the repeals in for their public university systems. The Supreme Court ruling against Affirmative Action in 2023 became a springboard for many of these bills to be introduced and voted in the different states.

On a federal level, this administration has publicly committed to diversity in leadership and staff in the different departments.

Not sure what the president or the Sec. of Education can do about these decisions made by governors and legislatures.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
It's not out voting people, it's about withholding votes. Clearly our votes matter otherwise these politicians wouldn't be shucking, jiving, and pandering to us every four years.

The Democrats, especially, know they can count on us at 80%+ rates to vote for them. We contribute to their wins and losses so maybe they should work harder to get our votes by fighting Republicans at every turn and standing on results as opposed to existing solely to point at Republicans and saying "they're worse than us!"

We don't care that Republicans are shyt. We care that you stop them from being shyt and do whatever it takes. Cause they are doing that

It's not that the "Liberals" are a group of white people who control what Black people do.

There's plenty of Black, liberal politicians. I consider myself as a liberal, not a separate group being controlled by the mysterious "liberals".

Withholding votes is not a strategy. It's voter suppression that been injected into our conversations by white supremacists and their minions.

You get mad cause a girl doesn't talk to you. Your plan is to stop talking to all women altogether. That's fine, but

if your goal is *puzzy*

then ignoring all women will get you the opposite.

no *puzzy*

Same with 'not voting' only thing that does is eliminate your ability to help choose.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Those are teenagers to young adults, I'm not expecting them to make reasoned decisions for the sake of their people long term

I don’t have a clear perspective either way on this matter, but I will point out that the Civil Rights Movement was really spearheaded by teens and young adults. David Halberstam has a book called “The Children” which unpacks this.

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
I don’t have a clear perspective either way on this matter, but I will point out that the Civil Rights Movement was really spearheaded by teens and young adults. David Halberstam has a book called “The Children” which unpacks this.

Added to my reading list

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The attack on equity programs has been in the works for years, on local,stare, and fed levels.
State legislatures are voting the repeals in for their public university systems. The Supreme Court ruling against Affirmative Action in 2023 became a springboard for many of these bills to be introduced and voted in the different states.

On a federal level, this administration has publicly committed to diversity in leadership and staff in the different departments.

Not sure what the president or the Sec. of Education can do about these decisions made by governors and legislatures.

Respectfully. That's not what I asked and nothing in that link or action plan address the issues at hand. What are the dems and Biden going to do about black history being stripped out of text books and the full on assault on anything related to DEI that's causing people to loose jobs right now? And if re-elected what will Biden do to STOP what is already happening under his watch?

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not that the "Liberals" are a group of white people who control what Black people do.

There's plenty of Black, liberal politicians. I consider myself as a liberal, not a separate group being controlled by the mysterious "liberals".

Withholding votes is not a strategy. It's voter suppression that been injected into our conversations by white supremacists and their minions.

You get mad cause a girl doesn't talk to you. Your plan is to stop talking to all women altogether. That's fine, but

if your goal is *puzzy*

then ignoring all women will get you the opposite.

no *puzzy*

Same with 'not voting' only thing that does is eliminate your ability to help choose.
Never used liberals for a group of white people, I use it in its proper meaning; an ideology. People who consider themselves liberals, including black people.

Withholding votes also doesn't mean not voting. It means things like voting "uncommitted", "uninstructed", or even third-party. Any party that sees a bloc of voters showing up and choosing to vote against status quo will lead to change. It's happened to various voting blocs including Asians, Latinos, Gays, and more recently Arabs and Muslims.

Your analogy is flawed because the girl that curved you is just that, one girl. If you go for her friend and she's feeling you, that changes the dynamic.

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
Yeah so don’t live in Houston or be around family in a black city that you grew up in
1000px-Houston_superneighborhoods.png

That's crazy
What's the shyt in the upper right??

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Respectfully. That's not what I asked and nothing in that link or action plan address the issues at hand. What are the dems and Biden going to do about black history being stripped out of text books and the full on assault on anything related to DEI that's causing people to loose jobs right now? And if re-elected what will Biden do to STOP what is already happening under his watch?
Again, these DEI decisions are made by elected officials on state level, the "history revisions" of textbooks are being made those same officials, their appointees, and elected members of local school boards.

The Dems. in these lawmaking bodies can vote against these measures, and if they have the numbers can block them. If not, they will go through.

What do you think Biden and the current Sec. of Ed have the power to do to counter these laws enacted under State lawmakers about state universities? What would you want them to do?

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, these DEI decisions are made by elected officials on state level, the "history revisions" of textbooks are being made those same officials, their appointees, and elected members of local school boards.

The Dems. in these lawmaking bodies can vote against these measures, and if they have the numbers can block them. If not, they will go through.

What do you think Biden and the current Sec. of Ed have the power to do to counter these laws enacted under State lawmakers about state universities? What would you want them to do?

So they will do nothing. Got it.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
You speak white supremacist party shill, ma’am.
Here's the thing. The differences between the parties have been explained ad nauseum to people like you - by people that don't even like the Democratic Party. (such as myself). I could do so again, in detail, but you would just dismiss it all and go right back to "shills" and "tangibles" and all of that. That's why I don't even bother with both siders at this point. Just like Trump supporters. There is nothing I can say, no facts I can disseminate that's going to get them to concede any point. It's therefore not worth it. I simply call them idiots and morons and keep it moving.