Ciara getting ripped a new one for her Independent woman anthem

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Literally everyone in R&B/Hip-Hop makes music about a life they don't live but it's a problem when Ciara does it? :dahell:

I bet they would have no issue with Beyonce doing it.
I remember how angry i was when i found out MJ wasn't really about that zombie life after hearing thriller for the first time. Pisses me off when artists aren't authentic to what they sing about.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
The power of media, tricked or social engineered a generation into this life, It's unfortunate.

:francis:

The wall is claiming the Millenial women....and GenZ to an extent:
- No man (stable one at that)
- No House
- Debt-Ridden
- Bad kids due to a lack of Father
- Broke
- Depressed because they can't live out their IG fantasies
- They got another 50 years of this or more

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Beyoncé was neither a mother nor married when she sang Irreplaceable and even when she did, she had so many love songs to counteract the heartbreak ones. For every Me, Myself and I or Irreplaceable in her discog there is a Dangerously In Love or Love on Top.
No disrespect but I'm surprised you don't see the contradiction in your statement. That is no different than some 90s and early 2000s rappers who song knucklehead shyt and once in a while come out with a Lord forgive me type song. Which message do you think had more influence. I don't have a problem with Beyonce personally. Still, she promotes a culture for women that actually works against them. And she was raised in a two parent household with a father that had the resources to push her career. She wasn't struggling women having to find independence to survive.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Do u hear the Asian community talking about this BS movement in mass...Arab community... Indian? It's a cultural thing that you seem to not be able to grasp. If you think there is no long term harm in promoting not needing the opposite sex then you clearly can't see past your nose. :camby:
That's exactly why the industry rather promote black artists to do it than other races. They could easily find another white Cardi B but they don't want to message to their daughters.

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
That's exactly why the industry rather promote black artists to do it than other races. They could easily find another white Cardi B but they don't want to message to their daughters.
Exactly. It's a real problem that these females don't see or care to put some thought behind it.

I keep the same energy also when it comes with gang bang culture that's eating us up from the inside as a community.

We got some work we need to do but alot of these folks are hypnotized.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
To play devil's advocate here, to need a significant other and to want a significant other are two different things :yeshrug:

However when dead beat parenting, incels etc. is at an all time high in the community, this might not be the best message to send out there.
As a traditional Christian or whatever she calls herself, and a model citizen you should be held accountable for what you say more than say a self-proclaimed savage such as Durk or Thug.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
yall nikkas are miserable...I really do think yall hate women. Its like yall just mad these chicks are getting at Ciara. I dont follow Ciara like that but cmon with this single lady shyt...why not promote songs about love, motherhood....health etc

your a fraud...yea alot of artists are frauds and they should be called out to

Daps
:gucci:

Probably shouldn't dignify this with a response, but raising healthy, emotionally balanced kids for one...

it was a simple 2 word question lol, calm your feelings down, i ain't even have a coffee yet and i didn't tag you to begin with :mjlol:

but plenty of people do that without being in a relationship. i think ciara's point actually supports this, if you are in a position to raise kids on your own or as a co-parent..... you have to be secure and stable and love YOURSELF, before you get involved with others.
some of our greatest leaders were raised by single parents :lolbron::obama:
some single people adopt kids and do just fine
some parents die and the kid grows up just fine
etc

im bored with this topic tho :russell:

Last edited:

Duke Wy Lin

It's been a good run. Wish y'all the best ✊🏿
Daps
it was a simple 2 word question lol, calm your feelings down, i ain't even have a coffee yet and i didn't tag you to begin with :mjlol:

but plenty of people do that without being in a relationship. i think ciara's point actually supports this, if you are in a position to raise kids on your own or as a co-parent..... you have to be secure and stable and love YOURSELF, before you get involved with others.
some of our greatest leaders were raised by single parents :lolbron::obama:

Everything you said flies in the face of research on children who are raised in single parent households :gucci:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Everything you said flies in the face of research on children who are raised in single parent households :gucci:

Chris Rock made a great joke about single parents...
"Yeah, You can drive a car with your feet, but it doesn't mean it should BE DOnE!!!"

Yeah, you can walk with one leg and crutches...but isn't it nice to have two healthy legs to get the job done?

Bird brains can see this....but hey..."Independent Woman" lol...