Ciara getting ripped a new one for her Independent woman anthem

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
She could transition to Anita baker type music. Making songs about how great it is to be a wife and a family woman.

But like someone said this is all she knows. You don’t just magically change what you’re attracted to. She’s attracted to staying out, twerking, being in VIP, coming home at 3 am. She just doesn’t want the cons of that life.

But Russell doesn’t seem to care so I guess it works for them.

She would have to find an entirely new fanbase. Her fanbase has always been shaky, which is why her career stalled. She tried to transition to R&B pop and her fans were mad that she ditched the ATL/crunk/Jazzy Phe sound that made her popular.

So I disagree that this is a reflection of the music she really wants to make, and agree with whoever said she's trying to catch the Summer Walker/SZA fanbase. But that is not her lane. However, this has been the main reason she hasn't fully popped... she really doesn't have a strong lane. I think she should maybe stick to "dance music" like Level Up and 1, 2, step.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
I disagree. 90% of her catalog is love songs. Songs about the ups and downs of romantic relationships. Same as many R&B/Pop girls so comparing her or even Ciara to rappers whose music PRIMARILY glorifies violence, gang culture, drug dealing AND using is a false equivalence and a bit insane.

Beyoncé has consistently said the same thing and her music reflects this: Make sure you have your own goals and your own thing. THAT is independence. Like Bey’s mama was not a ”traditional” homemaker, she was a whole business owner while her dad was corporate. Women NEED to be able to stand on their own 2 feet, and that doesn‘t mean have a bad attitude, refuse to compromise or none of that shyt. It means being able to take care of yourself regardless if a partner is there or not. Both genders should strive for that and ppl who use that to mistreat others or harden themselves against love should be left right where they are. Alone and bitter.

Like these women in the tweets are basically mad that’s Ciara has the OPTION to be a “soft life” wife or whatever but won’t because she has a love for music still. Very weird.
Don't take this to offense but you are regurgitating feminist talking points. The purpose of "independence" is the benefit capitalism, not women. There's not much I could put in a thread if you don't understand that but I will say this. Blacks own less than five percent of the wealth in this country along with two parent households and marriage continues to be a problem. Yet, other demographics are getting married you and creating wealth within households. For blacks, the ideology promoted is "independence" which is another name for individualism. As a result, money is going outside of households into the economy versus building within. In other words, this independence logic is promoting blacks to play checkers while everyone else is playing chess.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Ciara: defied the odds and suckered in a superbowl winning black QB to marry her and raise her child and yet she’s still bird.

Ayesha Curry: married a future Hall of famer, multi championship winning God fearing superstar, and yet still complains about the lack of attention she receives.

Jada Pinkett-Smith: married to an A-list Oscar winning superstar, was known as Mr Hollywood at one point, tall, good looking and charming and yet she still has to be center of attention and treat him like a bytch, for not being 2Pac in a business suit.

Y’all will learn that you can do everything right, be the ideal man, and yet, it will never be enough. If she’s from the streets, that’s where she’ll end up again. If she craves attention, it’ll never be enough from just you. If she covets success, she will always envy and resent you.

But hey, even if you don’t believe what I’m saying, just look at the facts. At least Lebron James and his wife have done it right so maybe there is hope.
:dead:

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
Don't take this to offense but you are regurgitating feminist talking points. The purpose of "independence" is the benefit capitalism, not women. There's not much I could put in a thread if you don't understand that but I will say this. Blacks own less than five percent of the wealth in this country along with two parent households and marriage continues to be a problem. Yet, other demographics are getting married you and creating wealth within households. For blacks, the ideology promoted is "independence" which is another name for individualism. As a result, money is going outside of households into the economy versus building within. In other words, this independence logic is promoting blacks to play checkers while everyone else is playing chess.

Even if BW of college age en masse decided to just get a "Mrs. Degree" as opposed to matriculating solely for career purposes that 1) men of their age and a little older would be receptive to marriage that early and 2) that they wouldn't have to work anyway.

We do not live in a world where even half of BW can afford to be SAHM or just focus on being married. As a collective we HAVE to work and have ALWAYS had to. Y'all mad at entertainers for referencing the landscape that they were BORN INTO not MADE.

AND LASTLY, let's not act like Black Americans specifically have not been completely ruined at nearly every turn trying amass wealth as a collective or even political power. And I don't say this to say the community is without fault in certain ways, but you're looking at symptoms and thinking the root is Ciara or Beyoncé and not white supremacy.