Ciara getting ripped a new one for her Independent woman anthem

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
well sorry to tell you, there is going to be a point in her life when she is single. but good news, she can still thrive through it!
That’s expected and it doesn’t mean a person isn’t productive while not in a relationship. But the bottom line up front is yes I do want the women in my family to need a man.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
As bad as the violence portrayed in hiphop is for our people , this "i-n-d-e-p-e-n-d-e-n-t" sista act in r&b is almost as harmful. Life is hard. Normalizing sistas/brothas been on their own well into their 30's is leading our people to the slaughterhouse. Cacs/asians/hispanics do not think like this. They find a mate, get married, combine resources and build. We are wasting time. shyt is sad.

Last edited:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
As bad as the violence portrayed in hiphop is for our people , this "i-n-d-e-p-e-n-d-e-n-t" sista act in r&b is almost as harmful. Life is hard. Normalizing sistas/brothas been on their own well into their 30's is leading our people to the slaughterhouse. Cacs/asians/hispanics do not think like this. They find a mate, get married, combine resources and build. We are wasting time. shyt is sad.

Lone wolf mentality works for other ethnic groups, not us as we have been sabotaged for centuries...by design!!

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Surprised at some of the responses

Funny thing is Ciara is not the first or last artist who will make songs that don't match up to they lifestyle. The issue a lot of people are having is Ciara's whole 'comeback' has been centered around basically getting 'saved' by Russell Wilson and broadcasting it to the world and singing the highest of praises about him, not about her music(she was washed musically over a decade ago). She needs to be on Food Network or something baking cookies like the housewife she portrays herself to be, not making single woman music. That isn't her lane anymore women got SZA and Summer Walker for shyt like that now.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Funny thing is Ciara is not the first or last artist who will make songs that don't match up to they lifestyle. The issue a lot of people are having is Ciara's whole 'comeback' has been centered around basically getting 'saved' by Russell Wilson and broadcasting it to the world and singing the highest of praises about him, not about her music(she was washed musically over a decade ago). She needs to be on Food Network or something baking cookies like the housewife she portrays herself to be, not making single woman music. That isn't her lane anymore women got SZA and Summer Walker for shyt like that now.
She just needs to make music that reflects her current life

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
No disrespect but I'm surprised you don't see the contradiction in your statement. That is no different than some 90s and early 2000s rappers who song knucklehead shyt and once in a while come out with a Lord forgive me type song.
I disagree. 90% of her catalog is love songs. Songs about the ups and downs of romantic relationships. Same as many R&B/Pop girls so comparing her or even Ciara to rappers whose music PRIMARILY glorifies violence, gang culture, drug dealing AND using is a false equivalence and a bit insane.
Which message do you think had more influence. I don't have a problem with Beyonce personally. Still, she promotes a culture for women that actually works against them. And she was raised in a two parent household with a father that had the resources to push her career. She wasn't struggling women having to find independence to survive.
Beyoncé has consistently said the same thing and her music reflects this: Make sure you have your own goals and your own thing. THAT is independence. Like Bey’s mama was not a ”traditional” homemaker, she was a whole business owner while her dad was corporate. Women NEED to be able to stand on their own 2 feet, and that doesn‘t mean have a bad attitude, refuse to compromise or none of that shyt. It means being able to take care of yourself regardless if a partner is there or not. Both genders should strive for that and ppl who use that to mistreat others or harden themselves against love should be left right where they are. Alone and bitter.

Like these women in the tweets are basically mad that’s Ciara has the OPTION to be a “soft life” wife or whatever but won’t because she has a love for music still. Very weird.

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
She just needs to make music that reflects her current life

Ciara was once a single woman. Not like she singing from the perspective of a man

And why don't we take male artist to task with how they promote promiscuity and drug use in their music, i.e. Future. Aren't men suppose to lead? That's if the state of the community is truly the concern

Sounds like some y'all just want a woman who is codependent so she'll settle for ur bullshyt

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Ciara is just selling the equivalent of dope-dealing/gangsta music to black women.

The sad thing is, financially, she doesn't HAVE to do this. Russ, I'm sure has made or will make over 100 mill in his career. She's choosing to make this thotty, "I dun need no man" garbage.

I'm glad people are calling it out.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Ciara is just selling the equivalent of dope-dealing/gangsta music to black women.

The sad thing is, financially, she doesn't HAVE to do this. Russ, I'm sure has made or will make over 100 mill in his career. She's choosing to make this thotty, "I dun need no man" garbage.

I'm glad people are calling it out.

These delusional broads see Ciara as THEIR endgame: to have kids with the swagged out breh, and let the 'cornball' straight laced breh raise them.

Basically their lifelong plan is getting exposed and they HATE IT.