Ciara getting ripped a new one for her Independent woman anthem

Admiral Kali

All Star
Daps
the research says raising a healthy and emotionally balanced child "you can reach only in a healthy relationship"? these are your words, i asked you to prove it. i named two prominent individuals that didn't have that and i'm pretty sure you know some personally whether you want to deny it for the sake of "winning" this topic.
and i would bet the large amount of those single parent households had a hard time supporting themselves even before they had the kid which goes to what ciara is saying.... love yourself, take care of your shyt whether you are in a relationship or not. it's not rocket science.
Yes. Naming two prominent black men who overcame the odds does not make it the norm.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Ciara was once a single woman. Not like she singing from the perspective of a man

And why don't we take male artist to task with how they promote promiscuity and drug use in their music, i.e. Future. Aren't men suppose to lead? That's if the state of the community is truly the concern

Sounds like some y'all just want a woman who is codependent so she'll settle for ur bullshyt
We did!!! We called Future corny for quitting lean but saying he was scared to admit it on records.

And I don't know if you noticed but Future's music and his act doesn't command the same respect it used to

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
We did!!! We called Future corny for quitting lean but saying he was scared to admit it on records.

And I don't know if you noticed but Future's music and his act doesn't command the same respect it used to

He had the best selling rap album of last year...or at least was in the top 2. Songs sit at the top the charts

And is not just the lean, drug talk that is questionable

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
As bad as the violence portrayed in hiphop is for our people , this "i-n-d-e-p-e-n-d-e-n-t" sista act in r&b is almost as harmful. Life is hard. Normalizing sistas/brothas been on their own well into their 30's is leading our people to the slaughterhouse. Cacs/asians/hispanics do not think like this. They find a mate, get married, combine resources and build. We are wasting time. shyt is sad.

This is hardcore FACTS!!

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
He had the best selling rap album of last year...or at least was in the top 2. Songs sit at the top the charts

And is not just the lean, drug talk that is questionable
Don't move the goal post. You orignally said WE NEVER check male artist for drug talk and I'm saying we did.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Bro these black men deserve RESPECT. Real life unappreciated superheroes and c00n ass nikkas like this @Bare King have the audacity to say they are useless . :pacspit:

Yeah they ain’t perfect This is the greatest time in history to be a black man because of the sacrifices that black men before have made:blessed::banderas:

But as a black man you can’t work in the factory and get respect you have to own it for half the respect and on top of that they’ll STILL disrespect you :stopitslime:

The 9 to 5 breh is the most hated demographic in this era. Bar none. The social media lifestyle is really about lovong your fantasies as a clout demon

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
That train down left the station. The early 00’s destroyed traditional roles

Women: ‘I’m independent. I don’t need no man. We the nggas with money :hhh:

Nggas: okay :mjgrin:

Women: I’m tired of making all these decisions I like a man with a plan :francis: I want a soft life:damn::damn:

Too late for them birdbrain feminist thots.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Nah, this shows you how much Ciara needs a man. Bih is tone deaf as Hell. Its like that time Tamia made Stranger in my House and we thought her and Grant was going through it. She wants the priviledges of being Mrs. Wilson while pretending she is living Keyshia Cole life. She's a Studio Independent Woman

This.

prolific posting.

Art Barr

Last edited:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Ciara: defied the odds and suckered in a superbowl winning black QB to marry her and raise her child and yet she’s still bird.

Ayesha Curry: married a future Hall of famer, multi championship winning God fearing superstar, and yet still complains about the lack of attention she receives.

Jada Pinkett-Smith: married to an A-list Oscar winning superstar, was known as Mr Hollywood at one point, tall, good looking and charming and yet she still has to be center of attention and treat him like a bytch, for not being 2Pac in a business suit.

Y’all will learn that you can do everything right, be the ideal man, and yet, it will never be enough. If she’s from the streets, that’s where she’ll end up again. If she craves attention, it’ll never be enough from just you. If she covets success, she will always envy and resent you.

But hey, even if you don’t believe what I’m saying, just look at the facts. At least Lebron James and his wife have done it right so maybe there is hope.

Daps
Yes. Naming two prominent black men who overcame the odds does not make it the norm.
"Yes" is incorrect, as i posted the "nos"and as your report shows since it doesn't give any "100% of" figures which would make "___ only happens" a correct statement.

Now if yall would have said "generallly, "likelihood", "majority", "less" which is the word that the title of your report chose to use, and an abundance of other accurate terminology, we wouldn't be here playing semantics.
if yall want anybody, man or woman, sexual relationship, business, or platonic or whatever to need you.... we gonna have to use correct terms and not be willing to jump out of windows with our feelings to prove false points. we gonna have to have proper communications, use the right vocabulary, and have a level of comprehension before asking to "start conversations" and whatnot.

:hubie:

Last edited:

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Russell went out there and wifed a woman that still wants to be in the streets.

That's why the harlots celebrated so much when he got with her.

jay83

Superstar
Daps
She could transition to Anita baker type music. Making songs about how great it is to be a wife and a family woman.

But like someone said this is all she knows. You don’t just magically change what you’re attracted to. She’s attracted to staying out, twerking, being in VIP, coming home at 3 am. She just doesn’t want the cons of that life.

But Russell doesn’t seem to care so I guess it works for them.