Chained Echoes December 8 (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Game Pass, Switch, and PC via Steam and GOG)

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man, I'm like this game is pretty difficult :ehh: they really keeping you on your toes, almost 9 hours in and still only one weak healing ability. :sadcam:

I've been wondering about class unlocks and what's the point... Only to finally stumble through the menu and realize you have to equip the class perk to a particular slot...:snoop:

All these battles I'm barely skimming by or random enemies I've lost too... The whole time I'm thinking as soon as I get a decent healing ability I'm Gucci. Only for you to have healing from VERY early on....smh

Ah well game should be a breeze now that I actually can heal. :pachaha:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Man, I'm like this game is pretty difficult :ehh: they really keeping you on your toes, almost 9 hours in and still only one weak healing ability. :sadcam:

I've been wondering about class unlocks and what's the point... Only to finally stumble through the menu and realize you have to equip the class perk to a particular slot...:snoop:

All these battles I'm barely skimming by or random enemies I've lost too... The whole time I'm thinking as soon as I get a decent healing ability I'm Gucci. Only for you to have healing from VERY early on....smh

Ah well game should be a breeze now that I actually can heal. :pachaha:
I can see how some folks got tripped up on the difficulty *very* clearly now.

But the game's quality ain't no joke. Its.... waaay better than I thought it'd be. From music to the gameplay to the presentation - this is better than a lot of throwback homages. Shouldn't even be compared against them.

The healing stuff is probably something that's gonna trip up a lot of people who don't understand when and how to heal in a offense oriented game. There's some other spells later that do stuff like health regen, hp absorbing shield, repulse, etc. But all of that isn't standard chunk healing that you just whip out whenever you get smacked immediately like in traditional stuff.

I don't think people get what these statuses do either. Like Blind for example - it means the next physical attack WILL miss. The round that you're blinding an enemy is also the round where you better be laying out regen, att/mag down, buffing, etc. And while you're doing that, you need to be dropping some bleed/poison/toxic to keep shyt churning too. There are no empty turns. Even something like decoy/trap/defend to keep your counter amps procced is something they expect people to pick up pretty early.

Its a big throwback to FF4-6 if anything.

My biggest complaint (if I can call it that tbh) is the crystal system. It relies on managing a lot of shyt you can't really control when it comes to drops so its kinda.... make or break there.

The game is great. Huge surprise for me. I straight up deleted Front Mission 1st after giving this a shot.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can see how some folks got tripped up on the difficulty *very* clearly now.

But the game's quality ain't no joke. Its.... waaay better than I thought it'd be. From music to the gameplay to the presentation - this is better than a lot of throwback homages. Shouldn't even be compared against them.

The healing stuff is probably something that's gonna trip up a lot of people who don't understand when and how to heal in a offense oriented game. There's some other spells later that do stuff like health regen, hp absorbing shield, repulse, etc. But all of that isn't standard chunk healing that you just whip out whenever you get smacked immediately like in traditional stuff.

I don't think people get what these statuses do either. Like Blind for example - it means the next physical attack WILL miss. The round that you're blinding an enemy is also the round where you better be laying out regen, att/mag down, buffing, etc. And while you're doing that, you need to be dropping some bleed/poison/toxic to keep shyt churning too. There are no empty turns. Even something like decoy/trap/defend to keep your counter amps procced is something they expect people to pick up pretty early.

Its a big throwback to FF4-6 if anything.

My biggest complaint (if I can call it that tbh) is the crystal system. It relies on managing a lot of shyt you can't really control when it comes to drops so its kinda.... make or break there.

The game is great. Huge surprise for me. I straight up deleted Front Mission 1st after giving this a shot.
I'm trying not to get spoiled (already saw something about a there being a plot twist :shaq2: )

But overall man I can't agree more with you so far. Funny thing is the moment I unlocked my hp regen ability is the moment I stumbled upon the class equipment slot lol. I thought it was just a second accessory slot...

The game hits soany great beats, like you said even better than some of the old school games that Inspired it. Also the crystal stuff is also I was hung up trying to figure out and just kinda came to the conclusion it's random luck and you seem to have confirmed that some what.

The combat low key might have taken the crown from persona 5 for best turn based combat.

I'd love to see dude make another rpg in this vain with a bigger budget.

So far I have to give it a very solid 9/10

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe I'm earlier in the game so I'm at the a different section but Viktor seems to be an OP healer...?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Maybe I'm earlier in the game so I'm at the a different section but Viktor seems to be an OP healer...?
I wouldn't say OP more like.... best and only early in the game.

If you try to heal shot for shot with him, he'll be ass out. I'm kinda getting to a point where I need him for TP more than HP. He's definitely a solid choice for the Cleric class you unlock early on.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't say OP more like.... best and only early in the game.

If you try to heal shot for shot with him, he'll be ass out. I'm kinda getting to a point where I need him for TP more than HP. He's definitely a solid choice for the Cleric class you unlock early on.

Eh early on I've been able to do that fine, dude has a lot of AOE healing. But I'm only in the mines, so probably way too early in the game.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Eh early on I've been able to do that fine, dude has a lot of AOE healing. But I'm only in the mines, so probably way too early in the game.
He's solid don't get me wrong lol. Its just that these enemies later on do wild shyt to the point where a healer isn't the only solution to what they can throw.

For me to call him overpowered, I think his healing would have to straight up negate the type of stuff they can throw at you.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So the story is starting to really ramp up and man it's really good.

I really didn't expect something this well written so far. I don't know if it'll hold up but it has my complete interest as of now.

:ohlawd::ohlawd:

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Just picked this up. Saw the art style, watched a 6-minute review/synopsis and was sold. Hopefully work lets me start today.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
35+ now and these first few pages yal were straight full of shyt :mjlol: money an issue huh. can't grind huh.

I don't think Act 3 is all that long. Around that time is when you're able to do a lot more side stuff though.

I've never hurt for money; haven't bothered to grind but with pilfer I'm sure you can steal nuggets from the monster, run and repeat. No foubt this game also has certain high in SP monsters as well.