Chained Echoes December 8 (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Game Pass, Switch, and PC via Steam and GOG)

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finished it. Game was pretty easy except for some of the sky armor fights when you are underpowered. Agility buffs are super OP late game.

Not sure why they are setting up for a sequel when it is going to take dude 7 years to make it. :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Had no idea this was out :snoop:
incredible game fr. charm inside and out, gameplay solid and builds upon itself through, well told story that makes you ask questions exactly when you should, soundtrack hits, pays homage to other classics.

hard not to love this game

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
incredible game fr. charm inside and out, gameplay solid and builds upon itself through, well told story that makes you ask questions exactly when you should, soundtrack hits, pays homage to other classics.

hard not to love this game
Switch vs Ps5?

I wanna cop but am getting mixed messages on which port.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I put like 66 hours into this game. Totally worth playing.
Screenshot-20230815-182620-Chrome.jpg

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Switch vs Ps5?

I wanna cop but am getting mixed messages on which port.
I remember my friend told me it runs pretty well on the switch. So, if you like handheld gaming, then it might be best to get on switch.

The game is one of the best recent RPGs imo.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: Game is overrated, but despite that, it's a decent game.

Battle system needs to be tweaked on the sequel. Dialogue was laughably bad, the script tried to copy Final Fantasy Tactics political intrigue angle but failed. The non-binary, 'anybody can be anything' moral was stupid and nonsensical. The story WAS decent for the most part if you ignore the aforementioned. Hated the ending too. It was a nice throwback down memory lane, but other than being a clone, it doesn't really have much going for it. Sea of Stars will be the better Chrono Trigger clone when it drops IMO.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Gaddamn I'm having such a blast. Since I saw a trailer in a @The Mad Titan thread I had my eye on it and 15 hours in I'm getting more and more:banderas: moments. God bless this game.
This game did some pretty interesting things with the plot but that damn meter you had to keep in range drove me crazy. The end game bosses were brutal too.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
This game did some pretty interesting things with the plot but that damn meter you had to keep in range drove me crazy. The end game bosses were brutal too.
So far I like it, it gives the encounters a particular rhythm I have to pay attention to.

I figured out only halfway through my 15 hours that there was always a type of attack that could reign me in backwards on the meter (adding to the defensive option, the switch option and the turbo option that all decrease the bar).

Forces me to adapt and plan my attack cycles more carefully instead. It makes the game more dynamic imo, even though tbf you get pretty quickly in the overheat zone. I don't know yet what the math is but I noticed that some moves push you on the bar quicker than others.