Certified dime piece finally ends the 50/50 debate that had the black community in a chokehold

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
it's not a real conversation to begin with. The 50/50 convo is about men who need help from the women they're dating to pay bills.

Those arrangements probably fair poorly because the woman will invariably get the short end of the stick in the arrangement.

:manny:

With the cost of housing, food, and cars, you effectively need $150k to support a family in a general area. Hell if it was me, I'd need $200k. Can you do it on less, say $80k? Sure, but you just barely getting by. And we haven't even brought up a 2nd car, kid's college, vacations, or outside investments.:whew:

Now how many men making $150k+? :sas2: How many if these women got a man making $150k?:sas2:

Veteran
Daps
I hate when women use the argument "why would you want me to do/feel xyz" bytch we are a team and both contribute! Wtf is up with birds making it seem like the man is supposed to suffer thru all the bullshyt while the woman is pampered? I'm not sacrificing my health, peace and comfort for a thankless, narcissistic woman... :dahell:

Why do they make in seem like men don't cook, clean, or house maintenance? :skip:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I don’t typically pay attention to these debates but childcare/domestic work are major duties that fall very heavily on women, but are unpaid. But they’re paid and costly when someone else does it. A man who doesn’t pay everything and isn’t fully taking over some of the household should def at least offer more than 50% of bills.

That said my Dad is a provider. That specific life isn’t quite for me (to exclusively stay at and tend to home/raise children) but let’s not act like more often than not women don’t benefit from splitting the bills but covering all the household and family management.

Veteran
Daps
splitting bills down the middle AND being expected to perform duties that we've been socialized to associate with women.

Get familiar with the idea of "invisible labor" in the context of relationships.

Here's another post assuming men don't cook, clean, or do home maintenance.

Why is everybody assuming that? :patrice: :jbhmm:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Here's another post assuming men don't cook, clean, or do home maintenance.

Why is everybody assuming that? :patrice: :jbhmm:

Men do cook, clean and do home maintenance, women just happen to do it much more than men.

Veteran
Daps
Men do cook, clean and do home maintenance, women just happen to do it much more than men.

That's an assumption that shouldn't cover every man though.

And we all know every source online isn't accurate.

Veteran
Daps
Do you believe that the Bureau of Labor Statistics is an accurate source?

Yes. Not what you posted though.

But as I said, that's not every man. We need to stay away from that notion as if men don't thoroughly clean or cook.

Men really want 50/50 incase of divorce. Lessens the blow much more.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
So the man has to pay all the bills and then has no say so in anything regarding the home and children?

What good is he then other than a dollar sign?

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
These types of females are stupid. You have to be loving and sweet and traditional for a man who can pay all of your bills to want to pay all of your bills. They're not sweet or loving or traditional so like Willy Wonka said ...

willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-gene-wilder.gif

Good day Ma'am

Last edited: