Certified dime piece finally ends the 50/50 debate that had the black community in a chokehold

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I’m still tryna figure why so many black women believe doing it by themself is better than 50/50. :dwillhuh:They’d have 50% more income to spend or save.
To be honest, it’s not about that and a lot of men keep missing the point. Purposely.

Even when men and women split the bills, many wives complain the the housework and child-rearing isn’t split down the middle.

Women get burned out because they’re expected to do majority of the cooking and cleaning day-in day-out because that is “women’s work”.

If you truly have an egalitarian marriage where things are split down the middle then that’s perfect and to be fair, no one should complain.

It’s the women who work a full day like their husbands, who return home at 530, 6, 630 pm to a husband asking “what’s for dinner?”, looking at a sink full of dishes, looking at piles of laundry, looking at floors that need to be vacuumed/mopped, while their husbands say that they had a long day at work and are too tired to do any of those things.

AGAAAAAAIN- if you’re a man who has no issue splitting those duties with your wife, I don’t think there is room to complain. 🤷🏾‍♀️

But if a woman is working full time and coming home M-F doing all the housework and child rearing while her hubby is chilling- nah. That’s a raw deal and remaining single is actually easier.

I knew a white girl who had to run from work to get the baby from daycare by 6pm while her (white) hubby literally got home from work everyday by 5pm and was watching tv when she came home with the child. Dirty house, no dinner ready. Not to mention she also had to leave early every morning to drop the child at daycare. <— there are women of all races who deal with shyt like that, which causes burnout.

Women have witnessed mothers, sisters, etc deal with that shyt and they don’t want to deal with it.

My family is a mix of egalitarian and traditional marriages. The men in my family are awesome, to the point that ppl get annoyed when I talk about them. Truthfully I’d rather be single if I couldn’t find a man like the men in my family. 🤷🏾‍♀️ But that isn’t everyone’s experience.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
The only way to have this convo is with discussing salaries, cost of living and the expectations of each person.

And it’s weird that all these women want to get degrees, get jobs and then get married and pay no bills, when they’re paying more when they’re single.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
This argument is getting repetitive :unimpressed:

Let's focus on getting out of debt & building wealth
Can't do that when you're told you're "supposed to" do it with someone and that half of the species can't grasp realistic financial expectations.

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
:mjlol:Black people swear they know how nonblack households are ran. They think all nonblack women are sahm.

All of this shyt stems from the envy of non black women. Meaning the envy of their perceived lives via media. To be real black people are still very isolated till this day from other races and place standards on ourselves that are solely based on media propaganda to ourselves. Which fukks us up.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
it's not a real conversation to begin with. The 50/50 convo is about men who need help from the women they're dating to pay bills.

Those arrangements probably fair poorly because the woman will invariably get the short end of the stick in the arrangement.

:manny:
This is about women wanting to fukk whoever they want to fukk..
And the nikkaz they want to fukk don't make enough money, aren't traditional, and don't care about that bytch enough to pay for everything, sometimes not anything.

So women got jobs to have money, so they don't have to be submissive to a nikka that they really wouldn't be fukkin in the first place.
The nikka who will actually pay for everything.

But deep inside they still are women and they want traditional things, like being pampered and taken care of.

However The men that can do that, these women don't want to give them p*ssy...until that p*ssy is past its prime.

In summation, These hoes ain't traditional and the dikk they want ain't traditional.
So 50/50 for everybody

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
All of this shyt stems from the envy of non black women. Meaning the envy of their perceived lives via media. To be real black people are still very isolated till this day from other races and place standards on ourselves that are solely based on media propaganda to ourselves. Which fukks us up.
:yeshrug:A lot of black people really think that all white people are either living like a hallmark movie or the Mccallisters. Media is really powerful and lowkey some black people really feel like nonblack people. Are far more superior them black people. Just look at the pedestal they put them on.

Last edited: