CDC: Don't wash your raw chicken!

hatealot

Banned
Daps
only cleaning i do is with vinegar or lemon juice . i never wash my chicken with water
even with lemon juice i think its bullshyt n i do it out of habit

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was about to come in here like "NO shyt" but apparently alot of y'all weren't up on the way bacteria works?

The best way to "clean" your chicken is to put it in the pan right out of the package, season in the pan, and COOK that shyt.

"This chicken has bacteria emanating from it's soul lemme wash the outside of it surely that will prevent bacteria from growing on the rest of the chicken" :_banks:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I have a large sink with no separators, so I use a dish pan for my dishes. I have a drying rack on the side. When I prep food all dishes get washed, dishpan is placed on the floor, sink is cleaned and bleached, and then I clean the food.
My dish rack is on the counter next to the stove and its strictly for airdrying dishes

Once the dishes is dry, they get put up. It takes all of 5 min. Then I clean the sink after I put the dishes up to airdry (if I don’t feel the need to run the dishwasher. I don’t use many dishes so I dont use it most of the time).

If I PLAN on cooking to where I need to clean something, i have a clean sink then I put whatever it is in a bowl to clean it before I cook. After, i leave the bowl in the sink until after the other dishes get dirty, usually soaking it.

I don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink for long because it will attract bugs. I DEFINITELY don’t leave random food in the sink either...

nikkas in here comparing their sinks to trashcans and shyt like they just leave shyt lingering for days:hubie:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Folks talking about cleaning the sink afterwards aren't understanding what the problem is. shyt is atomized and put out as mist all over your kitchen. Including the clothes you're wearing. Unless you're cleaning the whole kitchen you're still spreading shyt. It's not only the water you can see, but as water impacts there are fine mist particles that are created and carries bacteria that can float around the kitchen.

Someone said something about showering but unless your skin is covered in salmonella instead of normal skin bacteria shyt isn't the same ...

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Wash them and put them up lol.
tenor.gif

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I know that. We talking about people who season food in a metal sink without a bowl.
Who does that though and what does that got to do with the article saying that people shouldn’t wash their food AT ALL... especially meat.

Who is seasoning their food in the metal sink:gucci:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Folks talking about cleaning the sink afterwards aren't understanding what the problem is. shyt is atomized and put out as mist all over your kitchen. Including the clothes you're wearing. Unless you're cleaning the whole kitchen you're still spreading shyt. It's not only the water you can see, but as water impacts there are fine mist particles that are created and carries bacteria that can float around the kitchen.

Someone said something about showering but unless your skin is covered in salmonella instead of normal skin bacteria shyt isn't the same ...
What mist though:gucci:

nikkas washing dishes with showerheads at full blast with nuclear hot water or something???

How I was taught, if you have separated sinks, you fill one side with hot clean water, wash the dishes in it, then rinse in the other side and put them up to dry or dry them immediately.

Even if you don’t do that, there shouldn’t be no mist when you just rinsing off some gotdamn chicken