CDC: Don't wash your raw chicken!

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
What mist though:gucci:

nikkas washing dishes with showerheads at full blast with nuclear hot water or something???

How I was taught, if you have separated sinks, you fill one side with hot clean water, wash the dishes in it, then rinse in the other side and put them up to dry or dry them immediately.

Even if you don’t do that, there shouldn’t be no mist when you just rinsing off some gotdamn chicken
When water is falling from your faucet and hitting dishes or the surface of your sink, not only do you see splashing in big drops of water that bounce off what it hits but mist is also created which isn't as visible. Bacteria is light enough to be carried in that back splashing mist and water. The irony, is that it even may be worse if it's washed in hot water which can then carry the bacteria in steam. Doesn't take a high powered showerhead to do this.

Also not all bacteria and germs are created equal. Some are worse than others. Germs on normal dirty dishes are not the same or as harmful as say Salmonella which is the main thing to worry about with raw chicken. So while the same principle applies the danger is not the same.

Like I said folks are free to do what they want but just spread the facts. :hubie:

Germs will die in the normal cooking process. You'll be better off maybe filling up a bowl or something with water and then bathing the chicken in that instead of using running water over the chicken

Now if as you said you're filling up the sink with water and doing it then yeah that's better.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I spray around my sink with this after seasoning my chicken in the sink

8988609-21.jpg

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
When water is falling from your faucet and hitting dishes or the surface of your sink, not only do you see splashing in big drops of water that bounce off what it hits but mist is also created which isn't as visible. Bacteria is light enough to be carried in that back splashing mist and water. The irony, is that it even may be worse if it's washed in hot water which can then carry the bacteria in steam.

Also not all bacteria and germs are created equal. Some are worse than others. Germs on normal dirty dishes are not the same or as harmful as say Salmonella which is the main thing to worry about with raw chicken. So while the same principle applies the danger is not the same.

Like I said folks are free to do what they want but just spread the facts. :hubie:

Germs will die in the normal cooking process. You'll be better off maybe filling up a bowl or something with water and then bathing the chicken in that instead of using running water over the chicken
So how do you wash your food then breh:comeon:

How many people you know got salmonella poisoning in your lifetime from this poisonous mist :comeon:

And you might as well not shower or flush your toilet too then i guess

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
So how do you wash your food then breh:comeon:

How many people you know got salmonella poisoning in your lifetime from this poisonous mist :comeon:

And you might as well not shower or flush your toilet too then i guess
Not all foods have salmonella on it like chicken. So I wash veggies and stuff like that under the faucet normally. Meats, especially chicken, if I do clean them, I bathe them like breh posted in the video above.

The bathroom is nasty as fukk from toliets and I just take that L. Just have to keep it clean.
The Shower isn't a concern because while you have germs on your body it's not salmonella that is not only toxic as hell and can make folks extremely sick but usually you're not going to get sick from most germs on your skin.

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk that I use a little bit up soap and water. Seen ma, grandma, and great grandma do it. fukk that mumbo jumbo

You use soap on your chicken bruh? :picard:

And wen yall run water over your chicken how the hell are u figuring that gets the bacteria off any better than 500+ degree heat would??

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Folks talking about cleaning the sink afterwards aren't understanding what the problem is. shyt is atomized and put out as mist all over your kitchen. Including the clothes you're wearing. Unless you're cleaning the whole kitchen you're still spreading shyt. It's not only the water you can see, but as water impacts there are fine mist particles that are created and carries bacteria that can float around the kitchen.

Someone said something about showering but unless your skin is covered in salmonella instead of normal skin bacteria shyt isn't the same ...
Stop it b.

It would be equally as dangerous to prep the chicken and season it too then.

Clean it... Prep it and clean your whole area and hands. That's the process. If you don't want to clean your chicken cool but it's not useless or any more dangerous than any other part of the prep. If you going straight to the pan :hubie: