CDC: Don't wash your raw chicken!

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Not taking a side on it but just stating a fact. When you run water in the sink and it makes impact with an object, water "mist" or particles of water that you won't really notice can be thrown into the air. Bacterial like Salmonella can embed itself in these mist particles and end up outside of your sink and cultivate on surfaces without you knowing.

Do what you want but I'm just saying. I've never washed chicken because any germs are being killed by heat. I've maybe put it in a water bath at most.
Yeah. You're not "cleaning" chicken by running water over it. You're just potentially spreading the shyt from the chicken to your sink and other surfaces. Heat kills the germs, not water.

That said, I can still understand someone rinsing the chicken to get the packaged juice off the meat before seasoning it. Just don't pretend you're making the chicken any "cleaner" or safer.

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
:childplease:

what's next?

"don't season your chicken it might spread flavor to your mouth"

:camby:
tenor.gif

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
:childplease:

what's next?

"don't season your chicken it might spread flavor to your mouth"

:camby:
Yo.

Deadass I thought that was an urban legend but for real there are white people that do not season their chicken out there!!
:mindblown:
I was telling white people on Twitter to buy some Adobo seasoning sprinkle some of that shyt on chicken and just thank me later.
:salute:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
i gotta be honest...I've never heard of anyone doing this.

I mean...The WHOLE chicken I think I've seen..but chicken cutlets and brests and shyt? Nahh..never seen them washed in water.

I have seen them bathed in a tub of Mojo and spices, tho :banderas:
I was boiling chicken breasts in hot water with a little bit of oil and seasoning before putting it on the grill or stove so the meat is nice and tender and juicy.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yo.

Deadass I thought that was an urban legend but for real there are white people that do not season their chicken out there!!
:mindblown:
I was telling white people on Twitter to buy some Adobo seasoning sprinkle some of that shyt on chicken and just thank me later.
:salute:
I've had white neighbors... Watch them rip the pack and dump it straight on the grill :skip:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:comeon: So cleaning chicken is bad now?

:comeon: Let me guess cutting out the extra fat is a problem as well right?

:comeon: No more lemon juice I presume either right?

Is there dirt on your chicken? :jbhmm:

If your chicken has salmonella water isn't doing anything but transporting it all around your kitchen when the water splashes. You kill bacteria by heating meat to temperature.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Who tf thought they were cleaning germs off of anything by this? I always assumed ppl just rinsed it for the same reason they rinse everything else off, just to get the extra blood, fat specs and shyt off...

And wasn’t there a nikka that posted here that legit washed his meat (:dame:) with dish soap before cooking it???