CDC: Don't wash your raw chicken!

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Washing Food: Does it Promote Food Safety?
Historically, we equate washing to cleanliness. We wash clothes, linens, cars, dishes, and ourselves. So, it is logical that many people believe meat and poultry can be made cleaner and safer by washing it. Is this true? Does washing meat, poultry, eggs, fruits, and vegetables make them safer to eat?

Washing Meat and Poultry
Washing raw poultry, beef, pork, lamb, or veal before cooking it is not recommended. Bacteria in raw meat and poultry juices can be spread to other foods, utensils, and surfaces. We call this cross-contamination.

Some consumers think they are removing bacteria and making their meat or poultry safe. However, some of the bacteria are so tightly attached that you could not remove them no matter how many times you washed. But there are other types of bacteria that can be easily washed off and splashed on the surfaces of your kitchen. Failure to clean these contaminated areas can lead to foodborne illness. Cooking (baking, broiling, boiling, and grilling) to the right temperature kills the bacteria, so washing food is not necessary.

Using a food thermometer is the only sure way of knowing if your food has reached a high enough temperature to destroy foodborne bacteria. Cook all raw beef and veal steaks, roasts, and chops to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F as measured with a food thermometer before removing meat from the heat source. For safety and quality, allow meat to rest for at least three minutes before carving or consuming. For reasons of personal preference, consumers may choose to cook meat to higher temperatures.

Soaking Meat and Poultry
Callers to the USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline sometimes ask about soaking poultry in salt water. This is a personal preference and serves no purpose for food safety. If you choose to do this, however, preventing cross-contamination when soaking and removing the poultry from the water is essential. Meat or poultry should be kept in the refrigerator while soaking.

Sometimes consumers wash or soak country ham, bacon, or salt pork because they think it reduces the sodium or salt enough to allow these products to be eaten on a sodium-restricted diet. However, very little salt is removed by washing, rinsing, or soaking a meat product and is not recommended.

Cross-Contamination
Hand washing after handling raw meat or poultry or its packaging is a necessity because anything you touch afterwards could become contaminated. In other words, you could become ill by picking up a piece of fruit and eating it after handling raw meat or poultry.

Wash hands with warm water and soap for 20 seconds before and after handling food, and after using the bathroom, changing diapers, tending to a sick person, blowing your nose, sneezing and coughing, and handling pets.

It is important to prevent cross-contamination from raw meat or poultry juices by washing counter tops and sinks with hot, soapy water. For extra protection, you may sanitize with a solution of 1 tablespoon of unscented, liquid chlorine bleach per gallon of water.

Packaging materials from raw meat or poultry also can cause cross-contamination. Never reuse them with other food items. These and other disposable packaging materials, such as foam meat trays, egg cartons, or plastic wraps, should be discarded.

Washing Food: Does it Promote Food Safety?
Why you should never wash raw chicken

That's directly from the USDA and NHS

The same NHS that you are more likely to contract a virus in when you use their facilities?

I’m
Not taking anything written by white people about food, hygiene or cleanliness serious.
I’m telling you they only tell you this shyt so lazy people will buy their chicken in a bag abominations.

My grandmother said clean that shut off in line to get rid of the raw smell whilst it marinates and I shall continue to do so (I only eat fish now btw)
Obviously if your not marinating or seasoning your food prior to cooking this may not concern you and you might be more accustomed to another thread
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/whe...ed-food-come-from.705548/page-3#post-33455361

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
No shyt, running water over chicken doesn't do shyt but spread bacteria. That's why you cook it. Do you wash ground beef before you make spaghetti?

Yes

You seen all the blood running off that ground meat or did you think it was ready made sauce

Anyway white people talking about heat kills the germs the same ones that have the nerve to serve raw meat

I cant

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
thought it was common knowledge. ppl really running water over raw meat then cleaning it with bleach every time?:gucci:

my brother and a close friend are chefs and none of the cooks do any of that shyt at the restaurants they work at. they literally just take it out the package and get to cooking.

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
My aunt was a head chef for the House of Lords for 28 years

She soaks all meat in salt water prior to marinating
Again when do you all marinate, marinating takes about 2-24 hours

This pack to pot business is highly suspect

Dreadknox77

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, if you compare your sink to a garbage can then:hubie:

If you don’t wash your dishes AND your sink regularly then:hubie:

If you wash your meat in the metal part of the sink then:hubie:

How about just put the chicken in a bowl and wash it there

Dreadknox77

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t want to hear anything about hygiene from white people or anyone cohabiting or dating white people

Talking about kitchen sinks you think I don’t know you wash your plates and leave them to dry without rinsing them off
Mmmhmmn

It’s the weirdest thing , nikkas is really taking hygiene advice for these cacs.

They have no idea when that chicken was killed, no idea how long that meat has been sitting there , no idea the conditions that chicken lived in . And they just trust the word of these cacs that can’t even cook to save their life