CDC: Don't wash your raw chicken!

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
You white people have exposed yourself

Anyone not cleaning anything they eat, especially meat in lime or vinegar prior to cleaning out the extra fat and giblets is a dirty sodomite.

Kitchen must just smell raw.

So you season straight out the pack or nah?
Do you even season, liars!
Even veggies get cleansed this is why I rarely eat in restaurants unless it’s an old tired black lady in the kitchen
Washing Food: Does it Promote Food Safety?
Historically, we equate washing to cleanliness. We wash clothes, linens, cars, dishes, and ourselves. So, it is logical that many people believe meat and poultry can be made cleaner and safer by washing it. Is this true? Does washing meat, poultry, eggs, fruits, and vegetables make them safer to eat?

Washing Meat and Poultry
Washing raw poultry, beef, pork, lamb, or veal before cooking it is not recommended. Bacteria in raw meat and poultry juices can be spread to other foods, utensils, and surfaces. We call this cross-contamination.

Some consumers think they are removing bacteria and making their meat or poultry safe. However, some of the bacteria are so tightly attached that you could not remove them no matter how many times you washed. But there are other types of bacteria that can be easily washed off and splashed on the surfaces of your kitchen. Failure to clean these contaminated areas can lead to foodborne illness. Cooking (baking, broiling, boiling, and grilling) to the right temperature kills the bacteria, so washing food is not necessary.

Using a food thermometer is the only sure way of knowing if your food has reached a high enough temperature to destroy foodborne bacteria. Cook all raw beef and veal steaks, roasts, and chops to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F as measured with a food thermometer before removing meat from the heat source. For safety and quality, allow meat to rest for at least three minutes before carving or consuming. For reasons of personal preference, consumers may choose to cook meat to higher temperatures.

Soaking Meat and Poultry
Callers to the USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline sometimes ask about soaking poultry in salt water. This is a personal preference and serves no purpose for food safety. If you choose to do this, however, preventing cross-contamination when soaking and removing the poultry from the water is essential. Meat or poultry should be kept in the refrigerator while soaking.

Sometimes consumers wash or soak country ham, bacon, or salt pork because they think it reduces the sodium or salt enough to allow these products to be eaten on a sodium-restricted diet. However, very little salt is removed by washing, rinsing, or soaking a meat product and is not recommended.

Cross-Contamination
Hand washing after handling raw meat or poultry or its packaging is a necessity because anything you touch afterwards could become contaminated. In other words, you could become ill by picking up a piece of fruit and eating it after handling raw meat or poultry.

Wash hands with warm water and soap for 20 seconds before and after handling food, and after using the bathroom, changing diapers, tending to a sick person, blowing your nose, sneezing and coughing, and handling pets.

It is important to prevent cross-contamination from raw meat or poultry juices by washing counter tops and sinks with hot, soapy water. For extra protection, you may sanitize with a solution of 1 tablespoon of unscented, liquid chlorine bleach per gallon of water.

Packaging materials from raw meat or poultry also can cause cross-contamination. Never reuse them with other food items. These and other disposable packaging materials, such as foam meat trays, egg cartons, or plastic wraps, should be discarded.

Why you should never wash raw chicken

That's directly from the USDA and NHS

King Jae

Banned
Daps
Disinfectant soap :picard:
Soap to clean the sink...not chicken...Millions of germs in the air...now all of a sudden I'm spouse to take the word of ppl who like to "experiment" on black ppl....oochie wally :hula:one mic

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Historically, we equate washing to cleanliness. We wash clothes, linens, cars, dishes, and ourselves. So, it is logical that many people believe meat and poultry can be made cleaner and safer by washing it. Is this true? Does washing meat, poultry, eggs, fruits, and vegetables make them safer to eat?

Washing Meat and Poultry
Washing raw poultry, beef, pork, lamb, or veal before cooking it is not recommended. Bacteria in raw meat and poultry juices can be spread to other foods, utensils, and surfaces. We call this cross-contamination.

Some consumers think they are removing bacteria and making their meat or poultry safe. However, some of the bacteria are so tightly attached that you could not remove them no matter how many times you washed. But there are other types of bacteria that can be easily washed off and splashed on the surfaces of your kitchen. Failure to clean these contaminated areas can lead to foodborne illness. Cooking (baking, broiling, boiling, and grilling) to the right temperature kills the bacteria, so washing food is not necessary.

Using a food thermometer is the only sure way of knowing if your food has reached a high enough temperature to destroy foodborne bacteria. Cook all raw beef and veal steaks, roasts, and chops to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F as measured with a food thermometer before removing meat from the heat source. For safety and quality, allow meat to rest for at least three minutes before carving or consuming. For reasons of personal preference, consumers may choose to cook meat to higher temperatures.

Soaking Meat and Poultry
Callers to the USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline sometimes ask about soaking poultry in salt water. This is a personal preference and serves no purpose for food safety. If you choose to do this, however, preventing cross-contamination when soaking and removing the poultry from the water is essential. Meat or poultry should be kept in the refrigerator while soaking.

Sometimes consumers wash or soak country ham, bacon, or salt pork because they think it reduces the sodium or salt enough to allow these products to be eaten on a sodium-restricted diet. However, very little salt is removed by washing, rinsing, or soaking a meat product and is not recommended.

Cross-Contamination
Hand washing after handling raw meat or poultry or its packaging is a necessity because anything you touch afterwards could become contaminated. In other words, you could become ill by picking up a piece of fruit and eating it after handling raw meat or poultry.

Wash hands with warm water and soap for 20 seconds before and after handling food, and after using the bathroom, changing diapers, tending to a sick person, blowing your nose, sneezing and coughing, and handling pets.

It is important to prevent cross-contamination from raw meat or poultry juices by washing counter tops and sinks with hot, soapy water. For extra protection, you may sanitize with a solution of 1 tablespoon of unscented, liquid chlorine bleach per gallon of water.

Packaging materials from raw meat or poultry also can cause cross-contamination. Never reuse them with other food items. These and other disposable packaging materials, such as foam meat trays, egg cartons, or plastic wraps, should be discarded.

Why you should never wash raw chicken

That's directly from the USDA and NHS
Doesn't matter what they say. If you buy food at the market it is processed by someone else and you can't just trust the process . There's more than just germs that can get on there. Other contaminants. Just because you can't wash germs off with water does not mean you should throw your chicken in the pot with dried blood stains or anything else it might have touched on the processing surface. Rinse it off...

If you ever watch someone kill and carve up a whole bird you know that cleaning is a part of the process. You soak in hot water to defeather and after cleaning out the guts.

The CDC is not going to rewrite any of that. I won't just go package to pot because I was told so.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Anyone not cleaning anything they eat, especially meat in lime or vinegar prior to cleaning out the extra fat and giblets is a dirty sodomite.

My mom used to do this all the time.

But now I have to ask. Does lemon, lime, or vinegar really clean the chicken? Or is it something we do because we've been doing it for decades?

What HBCU has done the study that proves that lemon, lime, or vinegar truly kills the bacteria from poultry?

Last edited:

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Doesn't matter what they say. If you buy food at the market it is processed by someone else and you can't just trust the process . There's more than just germs that can get on there. Other contaminants. Just because you can't wash germs off with water does not mean you should throw your chicken in the pot with dried blood stains or anything else it might have touched on the processing surface. Rinse it off...

If you ever watch someone kill and carve up a whole bird you know that cleaning is a part of the process. You soak in hot water to defeather and after cleaning out the guts.

The CDC is not going to rewrite any of that. I won't just go package to pot because I was told so.

No ones saying meat is perfectly clean from packaging centers.

But there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO to clean the meat as much as possible, EXCEPT COOKING IT.

Thats the point.

Water doesn't do shyt. I suppose if you see dirt or a dye stain or dont like the sight of myoglobin on steak, water can wash it off. But all of that is cosmetic (and moreso indicates you need to be buying your meat from elsewhere).

And vinegar and lime juice dont do a fraction of what heat does.

My mom used to do this all the time.

But now I have to ask. Does lemon, lime, or vinegar really clean the chicken? Or is it something we do because we've been doing it for decades?

What HBCU has done the study that proves that lemon, lime, or vinegar truly washes the bacteria from poultry?

Lemon, lime and vinegar have acid that kills some bacteria but not as much as cooking it. Its a superfluous practice if you intend to cook the meat.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
No ones saying meat is perfectly clean from packaging centers.

But there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO to clean the meat as much as possible, EXCEPT COOKING IT.

Thats the point.

Water doesn't do shyt. I suppose if you see dirt or a dye stain or dont like the sight of myoglobin on steak, water can wash it off. But all of that is cosmetic (and moreso indicates you need to be buying your meat from elsewhere).

And vinegar and lime juice dont do a fraction of what heat does.

Lemon, lime and vinegar have acid that kills some bacteria but not as much as cooking it. Its a superfluous practice if you intend to cook the meat.
Ok do you. A rinse and a wash is part of my prep routine and nothing changes.

I'm not even gonna ask if y'all trim the fat if you not even washing. :skip:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
It's a terminology thing.

We don't wash our meat for bacteria, that's just stupid

We rinse our meat with water, soak in lemon to get rid of the immediate nastiness that's on the flesh.

It's the same as rinsing vegetables before cooking. Or rinsing fish before you cook it.

I think the CDC are promoting the safety precautions surrounding spreading raw chicken juice & salmonella though

Chubbs

History Remembers Kings
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
No shyt, running water over chicken doesn't do shyt but spread bacteria. That's why you cook it. Do you wash ground beef before you make spaghetti?

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
That's why Clorox was invented. To clean your kitchen and kill bacteria.
Imagine not washing meat/poultry :scust: