CDC: Don't wash your raw chicken!

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Not taking a side on it but just stating a fact. When you run water in the sink and it makes impact with an object, water "mist" or particles of water that you won't really notice can be thrown into the air. Bacteria like Salmonella can embed itself in these mist particles and end up outside of your sink and cultivate on surfaces without you knowing.

Do what you want but I'm just saying. I've never washed chicken because any germs are being killed by heat. I've maybe put it in a water bath at most.
Facts

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m saying they serve/eat raw meat anyway so how would they know

What kind of anti intellectual answer is that? :what:

This is about chicken which can't be eaten raw. Eating raw meat isn't exclusive to cacs. Ethiopians and other people/cultures do it.

RehReh

đź–¤GhettoEmpressđź–¤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
You
What kind of anti intellectual answer is that? :what:

This is about chicken which can't be eaten raw. Eating raw meat isn't exclusive to cacs. Ethiopians and other people/cultures do it.
lie they eat ceviche and stead tartar or whatever

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This has always been true but it's one of those things that has become culturally normalized. That meat is thoroughly cleaned and usually some kind of solution is also applied right before packaging to inhibit growth of bacteria etc. Problem is that most people never wash their hands long enough at correct temperature to kill the germs after they've touched raw chicken.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
im convinced most of yall have never cooked chicken or are CACs

you cannot tell me you're gonna feel all that slime and blood on the chicken and just toss it in the pan :gucci:

Follow your rationale here:

Firstly that "slime or blood" has been sitting on that meat for days, maybe weeks.

Assuming that the "slime or blood" has some sort of microbial bacteria, what's washing it off going to do, at this point? Cooking it would be your best bet to kill any possible bacteria. Water does nothing.

Secondly, that slime or blood isnt some dirty shyt, it's water, myoglobin, oils, and proteins from the cut of meat.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You

lie they eat ceviche and stead tartar or whatever

This is Ethiopian
raw1.jpg